What's new

India To Buy 262 Barak-I Anti-Ship Missiles From Israel

@hinduguy :

You have missed my point.

India should go for a less capable indigenous system rather than buy a better foreign product as it is available. Like China you build inferior systems now and better ones later on. Look how good their SAMs and tanks are now.

What makes you think that more of the Indian projects would not be more successful if there was a greater intent to see these projects succeed? Afterall lots of Indians gloat that Indian politicians prefer foreign as it helps to line their pockets with kickbacks.

Lastly, dont worry about the idiotic Indian posters here as I dont take them seriously anyway.
I would disagree.
China is an exception to the rule. Also china does not have much choice other than building their own.
We have two choices. Go indigenous in everything. Thats the view of lot of people in older generation when we were isolated from the world, especially western world and were living in a technology denial regime.
Also when we were short of foreign exchange, every penny counted.

The situation is different now. Its a much more globalized world. You build defence through partnership and not isolation. Look at western countries.
Also, defence industry need more players (private ones) who can compete otherwise Indian armed forces will have inferior products built by govt forever.

I would disagree.
China is an exception to the rule. Also china does not have much choice other than building their own.
We have two choices. Go indigenous in everything. Thats the view of lot of people in older generation when we were isolated from the world, especially western world and were living in a technology denial regime.
Also when we were short of foreign exchange, every penny counted.

The situation is different now. Its a much more globalized world. You build defence through partnership and not isolation. Look at western countries.
Also, defence industry need more players (private ones) who can compete otherwise Indian armed forces will have inferior products built by govt forever.

Who says go indigenous in everything?

I was only talking about things like short-range SAMs and anti-tank missiles.
India has neither the money or technological base to make everything.

I guess that overambition meant that India did not focus its scarce financial and technological resources
on areas it could succeed in like the ones I mentioned. It has now ended up in a situation that it is having to buy these somewhat not high-tech systems.

Maybe a good compromise now would be to use a mix of both indigenous and imported systems.

Lastly, I disagree with China. In the 1990s Russia would have sold them T-90 tanks but China stuck with its own inferior tanks and now can make tanks just as good as Russia.

@hinduguy :

You have missed my point.

India should go for a less capable indigenous system rather than buy a better foreign product as it is available. Like China you build inferior systems now and better ones later on. Look how good their SAMs and tanks are now.

What makes you think that more of the Indian projects would not be more successful if there was a greater intent to see these projects succeed? Afterall lots of Indians gloat that Indian politicians prefer foreign as it helps to line their pockets with kickbacks.

Lastly, dont worry about the idiotic Indian posters here as I dont take them seriously anyway.
we are building/developing things which are relatively more important because we can't build everything for now. nuclear submarines, aircraft carriers, other warships, aircrafts, AWACS, sonar, tanks etc are the things we are focusing first. also to add aesa radar, aip for subs , gas turbines are being developed too but until they are ready, we have to buy from abroad.

Last edited:
compare your missiles to us….. check out the types of missiles we developed and the quality and accuracy of our missiles compared to yours….nobody even knows if your missiles even work… ours are tested platforms with good accuracy.

Complete and utter bull$hit.
Pakistan neither has longer ranged missiles like India nor a viable second strike capability.
From SAMs to BMs to SLBMs to anti ballistic missiles to space exploratory rockets we lead in all categories. Pakistan is no where near India.
And the failures you quote are the result of regular break neck testing of all missiles in India's aresnal.
Even US fails its missile tests and you think Pakistan is exempt from it? You are just fools enough to not question your own establishments, coz unlike Pak India doesn't hide its failures.
We are proud of our failures for every 1 failure there are 10 successes and the proof is out there, unless you are too much in denial to check it out for yourself. India does more tests than Pakistan and that should tell you how much better we are in rocket science than you lot.

Last edited:
I have always wondered Why Pak doesnot test its missiles, as frequently as the rest .
India tests the missiles 7-8 times a yr,
US does that 18-20 times a yr
Incase of pakistan, you have 1 test, in 12-18 months
They even declare a Missile operational after 2 tests
while India declares a missile operational after 6-8 tests

yeh apki soch k hum haray 1948 main humna apsa 1/3 kashmir ka hisa lia th jo aj hamara pass azad kashmir k nam sa hai 11965 main ap loc cross krna main fail hogae ap na 1971 main gadar kharida r pecha sa waar kiye 1999 main ap sayachun ki post har gae r ap na phr gadar kharida history parhu phir kehna k hum hara har bar ap hara ho r acept nh krta

I was only talking about things like short-range SAMs and anti-tank missiles.
India has neither the money or technological base to make everything.

Read about Nag &HELINA ATGMs
There is an JV project for SRSAM,but then Air Force Not Keen on Indo-French Missile Deal, Claims Akash is Good enough

You are desperate of you think that licensing an engine is the same as making a more powerful version where you own ALL intellectual rights and can even export it to other countries.

We already have a project for developing one (KMGT) & this one wont be a licensed one.

So, stop importing like maniacs then.

If the NAG is half-decent it will be able to destroy any Pakistani tank. No need to worry about China since they cannot bring tanks over the Himalayas.
Still continuing with your moronic rants? Just find out the problem with NAG before showing everyone what a big fool you are. Nag has already been accepted in the Punjab sector. The problems are only in the Rajasthan sector with the seeker, and so Javelin is required. But low IQ guys like you can't understand these things and resort to bashing of our spending policies.

Still continuing with your moronic rants? Just find out the problem with NAG before showing everyone what a big fool you are. Nag has already been accepted in the Punjab sector. The problems are only in the Rajasthan sector with the seeker, and so Javelin is required. But low IQ guys like you can't understand these things and resort to bashing of our spending policies.

Please go away simpleton.

You have no idea what I am trying to explain.

Please go away simpleton.

You have no idea what I am trying to explain.
You have no idea about anything. You simply cannot explain anything. You are suggesting scenarios which are impossible. Moreover you are saying that Indian procurement policies are flawed while you don't understand them yourself. You actually don't know anything about defence procurement, you are hear giving opinions while nobody cares about them. You deserve to be ridiculed.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom