What's new

India To Buy 262 Barak-I Anti-Ship Missiles From Israel

Actually Indian Posters should not react like this on any genuine criticize. His post is not offensive. Any Indian member would have made same comment.

Finally a sane Indian poster.

India really needs to get out of this habit of buying foreign weapons just because they are available.

With the successful introduction of the Akash SAM, India has proved that it has the technology to make decent SAMs. While they may not be the best in the world it should be good enough to go up against the Pakistan Navy which is the only threat currently in the Indian Ocean, albeit a small threat.

India should have made its own short and long-range SAMs for use on both land and naval variants. They would be less capable than the systems that India is currently importing but it would be its own weapons and would give India vital experience to build even better weapons in the future.

Without going through the painful process of designing and building its own weapons, India will always be reliant on imports.

Not many countries develop Marine Gas Turbines.Even China uses a Ukrainian design.
SAM is a JV one.

China can fully produce the QC-280 without any assistance from Ukraine. It is based on a Ukrainian engine but it owns all intellectual rights to it.

SAM technology is not being transferred so India has not gainded the know-how to make the SAM by itself.

Finally a sane Indian poster.

India really needs to get out of this habit of buying foreign weapons just because they are available.

With the successful introduction of the Akash SAM, India has proved that it has the technology to make decent SAMs. While they may not be the best in the world it should be good enough to go up against the Pakistan Navy which is the only threat currently in the Indian Ocean, albeit a small threat.

India should have made its own short and long-range SAMs for use on both land and naval variants. They would be less capable than the systems that India is currently importing but it would be its own weapons and would give India vital experience to build even better weapons in the future.

Without going through the painful process of designing and building its own weapons, India will always be reliant on imports.
This is another sign of a moron. What is the relation between Akash and a naval SAM? I already mentioned the project by name, Trishul was supposed to be India's naval SAM, and it failed. So now we buy foreign. Its not addiction, its simply due to technical reasons. A simple google search on Trishul would have told you that. But why try to increase one's knowledge when one can very easily make fool of oneself.

The warship is also useless without Hull, without Sonar, without sonar, CMS, Anti ship missiles, torpedo, helis, propulsion, etc. In addition whole design was indigenous. But you guys will always gloat about 1 or 2 projects that failed. Look at your own country first and then talk about others.

Ok. How useful will the ship be without the radar?

It will be a sitting duck against air attack.

This is another sign of a moron. What is the relation between Akash and a naval SAM? I already mentioned the project by name, Trishul was supposed to be India's naval SAM, and it failed. So now we buy foreign. Its not addiction, its simply due to technical reasons. A simple google search on Trishul would have told you that. But why try to increase one's knowledge when one can very easily make fool of oneself.

How you ever considered that due to the option of buying foreign that not enough resources were ploughed into the Trishul genius?

It is still a Ukranian design.And we assemble LM 2500 here .

Go read about Barak 8.

No it is not a copy of the Ukrainian engine. It is based on it but is upgraded and is more powerful.

Last edited:
How you ever consideted that due to the option of buying foreign that not even resources were ploughed into the Trishul genius?
How does that matter you moron? For whatever reasons Trishul failed, and now we are inducting both Kolkata and Kamorta within this month, so we need SAMs. So we buy Barak. Is it so hard to comprehend? Whats your IQ?

How does that matter you moron? For whatever reasons Trishul failed, and now we are inducting both Kolkata and Kamorta within this month, so we need SAMs. So we buy Barak. Is it so hard to comprehend? Whats your IQ?

What is your IQ as you do not seem very bright.

Usual BS.Just like 'upgraded' AL 31 (WS 10) and 'upgraded' Su 27s (J 11)?

You are desperate of you think that licensing an engine is the same as making a more powerful version where you own ALL intellectual rights and can even export it to other countries.

As an example, China can export its new Type-052C/D destroyers to any country they choose to as the intellectual property of the whole ship is theirs and no-one elses.

Typical response of troll when he is out of arguments.
can you guys not be less personal and abusive.
Not everybody here is defence expert.. I have said many moronic things here because of lack of knowledge, then somebody gives better info and I change my mind if I am satisfied.
thats what this forum is for.

@UKBengali , Indian govt must have realized its a project thats not going to materialize soon.
I personally think we should not try to make everything, partner with friendly countries. Good defence ties also makes us stronger.
The reason why many of our defence project failed is because of being too ambitious and unable to realize our own limit.

Not everybody here is defence expert.. I have said many moronic things here because of lack of knowledge, then somebody gives better info and I change my mind if I am satisfied.

@UKBengali , Indian govt must have realized its a project thats not going to materialize soon.
I personally think we should not try to make everything, partner with friendly countries. Good defence ties also makes us stronger.
The reason why many of our defence project failed is because of being too ambitious and unable to realize our own limit.
If one lacks knowledge, he should ask his questions politely instead of gloating like an idiot.

that's best answer possible. we tried many things at the same time without any previous experience or know how, some goes well while some not much but then we are improving with every day passing. from indigenous ssbn to indigenous aircraft carrier and destroyers,frigates, aircrafts, missiles, tanks, artilleries etc. future is bright for sure though I hope we have learnt our lessons from past mistakes

@hinduguy :

You have missed my point.

India should go for a less capable indigenous system rather than buy a better foreign product as it is available. Like China you build inferior systems now and better ones later on. Look how good their SAMs and tanks are now.

What makes you think that more of the Indian projects would not be more successful if there was a greater intent to see these projects succeed? Afterall lots of Indians gloat that Indian politicians prefer foreign as it helps to line their pockets with kickbacks.

Lastly, dont worry about the idiotic Indian posters here as I dont take them seriously anyway.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom