What's new

India To Buy 262 Barak-I Anti-Ship Missiles From Israel

But why would a commander allow a hostile ship to come within 25km? 8 missiles are enough to destroy all the Frigates of Pakistan. Anyways has this capability been ever used in war, anywhere?

Maitri off table? Hmm. Another decade of Barak 1 imports

Reply to the first part: we'll have to fight a War to satisfy you.

Reply to the second part: Maitri seems to have been rendered redundant; the recent reports indicates that the IAF thinks so. Must be some reason for that. Give that a thought. Unless you think differently, in which case just counsel Jaitely accordingly. :)

Reply to the second part: Maitri seems to have been rendered redundant; the recent reports indicates that the IAF thinks so. Must be some reason for that. Give that a thought. Unless you think differently, in which case just counsel Jaitely accordingly. :)
I was talking about any war anywhere in the world.

Maitri was relevant till very recently, till less than one year ago. How from that it has suddenly became irrelevant. Thats hard to buy. Plus no alternative has been suggested.

I can understand for the IAF since they just bought Spyder which is the same role as Maitri, but fir the Navy there isn't much of an option.

india is a failure compared to countries of its size with the same resources….
pakistan even with its lack resources and 10 times smaller population is far ahead in military tech…
making motorbikes is our last concern… we can build our own arms to defend our country at least….

pakistan is eons ahead of india in rocket science…

Lol,India makes its own defence products more than you do,both of the countries started at the same point,and we are way ahead of you in almost every field.

I was talking about any war anywhere in the world.

Maitri was relevant till very recently, till less than one year ago. How from that it has suddenly became irrelevant. Thats hard to buy. Plus no alternative has been suggested.

In the first case, then India will need to fight or instigate somebody else to fight a war.

About the Missiles, the alternatives have already been thought of. I have explained that earlier already; versions of Akash and modification of Astra. Both of that are credible since a great deal of the ground-work is done, but need more refinement for the specific add-on roles.

Otherwise Spyder is there for one service and Barak-1 for the other.
Why fish in many waters at the same time?

Never heard of shitl SAMs any link please

our front line ships are equipped with 2 types of Sams. point defence and medium range. for eg delhi class destroyers are equipped with 32 barak1 Sams and 24 shitl Sams with max range of 45 km. Pakistani ships lack this

@Sergi yeh agaya ek aur PRECISE baat karney wala.................... :rolleyes:
I have postponed the my plans to concur world till Jorge RR Martine complete his books :shout::guns:
So If you want I can lend you some of my stocked "precision- guided munitions" :p::p::p: so you too have some precise thing with you:tup:

Bhaiyon, there is NO Barak 2. The missile that is in development has been named BARAK 8. Did not expect to have to teach you guys in these matters. :disagree:
Oooi load maat le yaar. Hum thodi jaane wale hai misßle udane.

Aur shakespeare baba ne kaha hi hai " naam mai kya rakha hai ???

Come on now mate, you're simply trolling. Rocket science also encompasses space exploration and exploitation. I don't see Pakistan anywhere close to India in that aspect.

Also, how and why have you come to the conclusion that Indian missiles don't work? There is a thread in PDF itself that has a log of every missile launch by India in the past few years. Maybe that'll illuminate you about the number of successful test launches of the many missile platforms developed by India.
Regardless, our tech is inferior, simply because .... well because it is. No reason is required. Period. Accept it. :D

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom