What's new

India to build Rs 6000 crore (US $ 1.5 billion) laboratory for futuristic research

I'm not sure about the knowledge hub, but what Calcutta needs is the industry which employs huge numbers of people, like that of service and manufacturing. It'll not only be beneficial for West Bengal but for bordering states like Bihar and Jharkhand and for whole North-East.

We need serious development in all over North India. Another year in my life eating Idlli/Pongal/Curd Rice and I'll jump off to Bay of Bengal.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the knowledge hub, but what Calcutta needs is the industry which employs huge numbers of people, like that of service and manufacturing. It'll not only be beneficial for West Bengal but for bordering states like Bihar and Jharkhand and for whole North-East.

We need serious development in all over North India. Another year in my life eating Idlli/Pongal/Curd Rice and I'll jump off to Bay of Bengal.

Man are u so fed up with the south :rofl: come on its not that bad :lol:

Yes..I am waiting for those kind of industries only..Only West Bengal in the region has the infra which will be able to manage the influx..

Man are u so fed up with the south :rofl: come on its not that bad :lol:

Only the food. :'(

Rest is pretty nice, people are bit introvert but way more helpful to random unknown person than northies.

Another year in my life eating Idlli/Pongal/Curd Rice and I'll jump off to Bay of Bengal.

hehehe..I can understand your situation..I have no idea why people like Curd Rice so much...I didnot find it tasty at all..

South and West have developed by their own accord. Time to reciprocate this to North. I'm pretty hopeful with Bihar under Nitish. I hope someone put some sense in Mamta too!

depends on your taste...you got to be in Kolkata..to know what charm the city has.it will take you back in the British era, if yo spend some time in the by lanes. and moreover..its his hometown.

Yup...the crumbling buildings around Babughat are so mismanaged..But still look somehow beautiful..

hehehe..I can understand your situation..I have no idea why people like Curd Rice so much...I didnot find it tasty at all..

It depends on your taste I guess. We are accustomed to different kind of food.

Also living in outskirts of Chennai didn't help, had it been Blore, it would've been all different story with bars and pubs and all! :lol:

South and West has developed by their own accord. Time to reciprocate this to North. I'm pretty hopeful with Bihar under Nitish. I hope someone put some sense in Mamta too!

Only trouble is that Next Govt. ( Most probably MAMTA ) is really a didi...didi of Jyoti Basu in stopping industries from coming to bengal..

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

It depends on your taste I guess. We are accustomed to different kind of food.

Also living in outskirts of Chennai didn't help, had it been Blore, it would've been all different story with bars and pubs and all! :lol:

:agree::agree::agree:

Yup...the crumbling buildings around Babughat are so mismanaged..But still look somehow beautiful..

thats true...but the state Govt is working on their beautification now. But you'll still find hundreds of old building with british architecture and can get the feel of old calcutta...I liked the older name calcutta more than Kolkata.

Only trouble is that Next Govt. ( Most probably MAMTA ) is really a didi...didi of Jyoti Basu in stopping industries from coming to bengal..

Mamta should come to power, she will not stop demonizing the state till she has the power. Just hope power will bring responsibility to her. There is unanimous pro-development desire from the people, which is an assuring thing.

Dont talk bout Calcutta ... im gonna chuck my job and go back to Cal.... miss it so bad.... :(

:cry:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom