What's new

India to build Rs 6000 crore (US $ 1.5 billion) laboratory for futuristic research

Cool move! But won't it be safer to put such critical labs in southern India? The distance is significant, there's strong education there. I know that east needs some serious development but its not exactly a safe place due to several factors especially Bangladeshi problem.

South already has good infrastructure, strong educated force and good facilities to complement this development. It might be safer there.

Whatever it is, hope Mamta let the goddamn thing to be built in Kolkata.

That's Newtown Rajarhat for you. Everyone wants the piece of land. And we have Mamata to yell anyone off the state.

the politics regarding rajarhat has already started, if you are following the current developments...the b***ch seems to have made her mind, to stop any development project in the state. :angry:

just hope the city is chosen for the project.

Cool move! But won't it be safer to put such critical labs in southern India? The distance is significant, there's strong education there. I know that east needs some serious development but its not exactly a safe place due to several factors especially Bangladeshi problem.

South already has good infrastructure, strong educated force and good facilities to complement this development. It might be safer there.

Does that mean Calcutta has weak education? :what: The city hosts numbers of top level institutes in India. And contrary to popular believe it emerged as top IT hub(after Blore, Hyd, Chn and Pune) despite being a late starter. Education never been a weak point for Calcuttans.

And what the eff is Bangladeshi problem?

the politics regarding rajarhat has already started, if you are following the current developments...the b***ch seems to have made her mind, to stop any development project in the state. :angry:

just hope the city is chosen for the project.

If the imbecile does any stupid thing this time, I'll call for a Jihad on her. Seriously.

Does that mean Calcutta has weak education? :what: The city hosts numbers of top level institutes in India. And contrary to popular believe it emerged as top IT hub(after Blore, Hyd, Chn and Pune) despite being a late starter. Education never been a weak point for Calcuttans.

And what the eff is Bangladeshi problem?
Arey yaar, you got angry needlessly. I am saying that the city is close to borders with our regional threats. You know how volatile our situation is and keeping anything this advanced near bordering states is risky.

I never criticized Bengal for education. In fact, I am really impressed with it. Why getting so angry about Bangladesh remark? My indication is that we've an immediate country beside us that is on and off with us all the time and hence I suggested south.

There's no need to get so pissed; I am myself a northeasterner (your neighbour from Sikkim) and in case of trouble, will be the one of the first on the frontline (if I can clear the entrance exams in any of the branches). Take it easy :).

If the imbecile does any stupid thing this time, I'll call for a Jihad on her. Seriously.

me too man..am fed up of her maa, matee ,manush mantra .
she has openly declared that she wont leave rajarhat...and will help the locals the same way she did in singur and nandigram. her greed for power is growing everyday....am sure people will soon realise the disaster in her.

Arey yaar, you got angry needlessly. I am saying that the city is close to borders with our regional threats. You know how volatile our situation is and keeping anything this advanced near bordering states is risky.

I never criticized Bengal for education. In fact, I am really impressed with it. Why getting so angry about Bangladesh remark? My indication is that we've an immediate country beside us that is on and off with us all the time and hence I suggested south.

There's no need to get so pissed; I am myself a northeasterner (your neighbour from Sikkim) and in case of trouble, will be the one of the first on the frontline (if I can clear the entrance exams in any of the branches). Take it easy :).

Hehe people get sensitive for their birthplace. :P Didn't mean to sound pissed off though!

Bangladesh is a non-issue and noway a threat to India.

Best of luck for your exam! Sikkim is one of favourite place in Earth. :)

she has openly declared that she wont leave rajarhat...and will help the locals the same way she did in singur and nandigram. her greed for power is growing everyday....am sure people will soon realise the disaster in her.

BTW a knowledge city with research labs from DRDO and possibly IAEA will be made near AMTALA...

I think her Rajarhat statement is political rhetoric. I hope she isn't stupid enough to mess up the place which is going to be crown for the city and usher the industry which left Bengal because of suicidal politics of lefts.

But then again, we are talking about Mamta! :hitwall:

I think her Rajarhat statement is political rhetoric. I hope she isn't stupid enough to mess up the place which is going to be crown for the city and usher the industry which left Bengal because of suicidal politics of lefts.

But then again, we are talking about Mamta! :hitwall:

i am not sure about mamata....she can go down to any level to gain politican mileage..especially unless these assembly elections are over and she books the chair in writers. you should have heard her speech when she said, if needed she will do the same with rajarhat, as with Singur..lol..I facepalmed hearing this.

i am not sure about mamata....she can go down to any level to gain politican mileage..especially unless these assembly elections are over and she books the chair in writers. you should have heard her speech when she said, if needed she will do the same with rajarhat, as with Singur..lol..I facepalmed hearing this.

If she goes down to that, I'll convert to a stone pelter. I'm sure folks from all over sector 5 will join me.

Back
Top Bottom