What's new

India to build its own stealth fighter jet.

I don't think we can depend on them anymore considering what happened 3 days back....better get private players into this project before sarkari idiots screw this project bad as well. At least assembling and small parts can be made by privates even if not the entire "sensitive stuff".

no we can't MiG-27 are flawed in design there airframe cracks if you use the 30mm cannon on it, the Jaguars are under powered with there weak engines and need a engine upgrade so really our only strike aircraft is the Mirage 2000

AMCA will replace the Jaguars and MiG-27 while the PAKFA FGFA will replace the MiG-29, the MMRCA fighter will replace the already phased out MiG-23 and non upgraded MiG-21 while the LCAMK2 will replace the MiG-21 bison

i hope DRDO and ADA learned from LCA mistakes and do not have the same mistakes again

All Shipyard and Hal units are fully occupied till 2020. Expansion is must + few new companies. I hope. :undecided:

Mahindra Aerospace is a pvt aerospace company but ADA and DRDO will design the AMCA and develop it while HAL will manufacture it starting 2025

Mahindra Aerospace is a pvt aerospace company but ADA and DRDO will design the AMCA and develop it while HAL will manufacture it starting 2025

Its too difficult to determine when will the plane be available for induction until the first flight occurs. When did LCA had its first flight?

We won't have any problem in AMCA.

We already have JV with Russia for PAK FA / FGFA - 300 Jets worth 35 Billion $ which will be inducted after 2017 onwards. So, we can develop our own stealth fighter jet without worrying of India missing anything or any kind of delay.

Its too difficult to determine when will the plane be available for induction until the first flight occurs. When did LCA had its first flight?

2001 but then again when did the program hit delays because of economic problems in the early 90's and technology embargo after nuclear tests in 1998? the entire 90's period was lost for the LCA program yet we still managed to get it to fly in 2001,

first flight was in 2001 IOC in 2011 if all that time is considered it took really 10 years to develop

We won't have any problem in AMCA.

We already have JV with Russia for PAK FA / FGFA - 300 Jets worth 35 Billion $ which will be inducted after 2017 onwards. So, we can develop our own stealth fighter jet without worrying of India missing anything or any kind of delay.

yeah 250 FGFA (2 seat) and 50 PAK FA (single seat) which will be manufactured at HAL

hopefully there won't be any delays like there were in LCA but then again LCA program only hit delays because lack of funding in early 90's due to economic problems and technology embargo after nuclear tests so AMCA should not experience any delays

Nope,its primary role will be AOS with some AOA features
Let me make it to you very clear that the AMCA is going to be an STEALTH AIR SUPERIORITY fighter with MULTIROLE FEATURES...
I think you meant more AOA with some AOS features...
(You got confused because its replacing the Mig 27M and the Jaguars' I suppose)
Definition:
AIR SUPERIORITY:Air Superiority means having total control of the airspace above a battlefield or theatre of conflict. Gaining this control means the destruction or neutralisation of enemy air assets that can pose a threat such as fighters , bombers and even recon aircraft.
Source:Air Superiority

I think you made it 5 years late the production is to start from 2020 and the prototype to be delivered till 2016-2017... without any delays(thank god there hasnt been any for a while for this project)....

I hope this time it will not follow the fate of LCA ,otherwise we will have to see it in 2050 . i hope till then we will be alive or else our offsprings will be posting in this thread and saying "AMCA id due to make flight this year"

AMCA will replace the Jaguars and MiG-27 while the PAKFA FGFA will replace the MiG-29, the MMRCA fighter will replace the already phased out MiG-23 and non upgraded MiG-21 while the LCAMK2 will replace the MiG-21 bison

i hope DRDO and ADA learned from LCA mistakes and do not have the same mistakes again

Brother You are correct I would like to add some value to ur post,

1. MMRCA is to replace MiG27/23 and complemneted by jaguar (Which will retire during procurement of MMRCA), MiG29. M2000H
2. AMCA will replace M2000H and MiG29 and complemented by MMRCA.
3. LCA MKI and later version will replace MiG21.
4. FGFA will complement MKI and later it will replace MKI (in 2040s)

your second part hurt me.. How can you blame all to DRDO and ADA for delay??? Do you know when fund was granted for LCA (it was 1991)??? Do you know when first LCA flew (It was 2001)?? Do you know when IOC given (it was 2011)???

Google and tell me one fighter aircraft which was made from scratch and get ready in 20 year of time... You name one , I will quit PDF...

LCA took 30 years, still its without engine [ only few engines were delivered from US for testing & prototypes] and there is a long way to develop LCa may be 30 more years.....

For Indian Stealth, first they will learn to develop engine after 30 years that will take them to 2040, then another 30 years to understand STEALTH technology, that will take them to 2080, then 20 more years would be required to develop Stealth AC which will take them to 3000 [Next Millinium]....

Good to see dreams for 3000

1. MMRCA is to replace MiG27/23 and complemneted by jaguar (Which will retire during procurement of MMRCA), MiG29. M2000H

your second part hurt me.. How can you blame all to DRDO and ADA for delay??? Do you know when fund was granted for LCA (it was 1991)??? Do you know when first LCA flew (It was 2001)?? Do you know when IOC given (it was 2011)???

Google and tell me one fighter aircraft which was made from scratch and get ready in 20 year of time... You name one , I will quit PDF...

Then quit PDF. if ur man of words.

It was F-16, planned and designed in 1974, 1976 it got the approval for production. First AC comeout DEC 1976.

Link

Please leave PDF, if Indians are men of words. :D

LCA took 30 years, still its without engine [ only few engines were delivered from US for testing & prototypes] and there is a long way to develop LCa may be 30 more years.....

For Indian Stealth, first they will learn to develop engine after 30 years that will take them to 2040, then another 30 years to understand STEALTH technology, that will take them to 2080, then 20 more years would be required to develop Stealth AC which will take them to 3000 [Next Millinium]....

Good to see dreams for 3000
You are talking about Stealth Ac,but you don't know even basic maths.
2080+20=2100;NOT 3000.

13 Apr 1972
USAF selects General Dynamics Model 401-16B and the Northrop P-600 as candidates for its Air Combat Fighter program and signs contracts for two YF-16s

8 Jan 1974
The prototype YF-16 (#72-1567) is airfreighted by C-5 from Fort Worth to Edwards AFB.

20 Jan 1974
Unintentional first flight of the first YF-16 (#72-1567), a short hop around the pattern at the hands of test pilot Phil Oestricher.

2 Feb 1974
Official first flight of the YF-16 protoype (#72-1567), with test pilot Phil Oestricher at the controls, reaching 400 mph and 30,000 feet.

9 Mar 1974
YF-16 no 2 (#72-1568) is flown for the first time with test pilot Neil Anderson at the controls.

13 Jan 1975
Full Scale Development award.

Jan 1975
U.S. Air Force selects F-16 as its air combat fighter and announces plans to procure at least 650 aircraft.

10 Feb 1975
Preliminary design review from 10th to 13th of February.

Apr 1975
The F-16 design enters critical design review phase, from 22th to 24th of April.

8 May 1975
Neil Anderson belly lands the first YF-16 protoype on the grass at Fort Worth, after one of the main gear tires got stuck in the well during a practice
demo for the Paris Air Show

May 1975
First transatlantic flight by the YF-16, attending the 1975 Paris Air Show.

29 Jun 1975
Belgium, Denmark, Norway, and the Netherlands announce plans to buy 348 F-16s.

21 Jul 1975
Belgium (116), Denmark (58), Norway (72), and the Netherlands (102) order 348 F-16s.

8 Aug 1975
F-16 manufacturing begins. (first chips)

7 Sep 1975
Submission of Canadian proposal

3 Dec 1975
Loaded first assembly fixture

18 Dec 1975
Assembly of F-16 Number One begins.

Now you quit PDF

Back
Top Bottom