What's new

India to build its own stealth fighter jet.

Any idea when MKI Is likely to be phased out as the PAK-FA/FGFA is the replacement for the SU-30 and HAL will manufacture the FGFA using the MKI production lines once all orders are complete. But the MKI is still a relitvley new platform and the MKIs from 2012-3 will be the "SUPER" standard and all remaining MKIs in IAF service UPG to this standard so it looks like MKI will be around for a while. But wont it be a little odd to have two planes fulfilling the same role- air dominance (MKI/FGFA/PAK-FA).

AMCA needs a max take of weight of at least 60,000lbs and should have at least 14 hardpoints we should consider developing a advanced cutting edge AESA radar in collaboration with Israel as well as having cutting edge EW ECM systems developed other indigenously or with Israel

AMCA would be the first stealth fighter in the world that has 14 hardpoints. But I think 14 is not enough, it should be 20.

Any idea when MKI Is likely to be phased out as the PAK-FA/FGFA is the replacement for the SU-30 and HAL will manufacture the FGFA using the MKI production lines once all orders are complete. But the MKI is still a relitvley new platform and the MKIs from 2012-3 will be the "SUPER" standard and all remaining MKIs in IAF service UPG to this standard so it looks like MKI will be around for a while. But wont it be a little odd to have two planes fulfilling the same role- air dominance (MKI/FGFA/PAK-FA).

may be from 2040-2045 onwards.

may be from 2040-2045 onwards.

MKI will serve until 2040 most likely, the PAKFA/FGFA will replace the MiG-29's the upgraded MiG-29's will probably start to get retired in in the late 2020's or early 2030's the PAKFA/FGFA will then be the IAF dedicated air superiority fighter replacing the MKI in that role, the MKI will then be a heavy long range strike fighter afterwards kinda like the F-15 strike eagle

in the 2030's

PAKFA/FGFA Air superiority fighter (if we were going to launch assaults on enemy targets these would be the first aircraft to go in times of war

AMCA Air superiority/ Strike fighter (most likely will be used for SEAD in strike role since it is stealth or to go carpet bomb cities since it is stealth)

SU-30MKI (upgraded) Primary Strike fighter (will be used as a dedicated not stealth strike fighter like close air support)

Eurofighter/Rafale (non stealth dedicated multirole fighter could be used as interceptor, air superiority, CAS, etc

LCA Tejas MK2 (multi role fighter used as a interceptor, strike, CAS, and air superiority fighter

the 2 real beasts will be the AMCA and FGFA though

AMCA would be the first stealth fighter in the world that has 14 hardpoints. But I think 14 is not enough, it should be 20.

haha dont bash.if it has 14 hard points,RCS will be high then it cant be stealth

So, this is going to be another aircraft which will focus more on air-air combat(with all its stealth and maneuverability features) and most importantly it is a 20 ton fighter aircraft after Tejas and tha Hal/PAK FGFA will be a multi role aircraft and please correct me if I am mistaken that India does not have any I repeat ANY aircraft that specifically and particularly deals with Air-Surface or ground combats....
Don't you feel the need of developing such an aircraft in near future..
and don't tell me India's doesnt have funds and all those stuffs $2 in 18 months is not a joke..and for the fact that we have had enough multirole and light combats in our inventory...
India should start another project do develop an economical bomber simultaneously and side by side with the AMCA so that AMCA and FGFA compliment the role of that Bomber while carrying out SEAD and Ground bombings..This would prove to be a deadly and lethal combination.
Nope,its primary role will be AOS with some AOA features.......and on the other hand FGFA will be an Air superiority fighter with some AOS features...

we have Jaguars and MiG-27 for that role and yes we should have a stealth strike aircraft with air to air capability as well so a multirole air superiority fighter would be the emphasis on the AMCA

I don't think we can depend on them anymore considering what happened 3 days back....better get private players into this project before sarkari idiots screw this project bad as well. At least assembling and small parts can be made by privates even if not the entire "sensitive stuff".

All Shipyard and Hal units are fully occupied till 2020. Expansion is must + few new companies. I hope. :undecided:

Back
Top Bottom