What's new

India to build its own stealth fighter jet.

2 billion for a stealth fighter program? its going to cost more than that for sure the PAK FA program costs 10 billion dollars

2 billion for a stealth fighter program? its going to cost more than that for sure the PAK FA program costs 10 billion dollars

We will benefit from LCA project(composites) as well as PAK FA project partnership, and the time line is 2025, 2 billion only for prototypes and tech. demonstrators..

So, this is going to be another aircraft which will focus more on air-air combat(with all its stealth and maneuverability features) and most importantly it is a 20 ton fighter aircraft after Tejas and tha Hal/PAK FGFA will be a multi role aircraft and please correct me if I am mistaken that India does not have any I repeat ANY aircraft that specifically and particularly deals with Air-Surface or ground combats....
Don't you feel the need of developing such an aircraft in near future..
and don't tell me India's doesnt have funds and all those stuffs $2 in 18 months is not a joke..and for the fact that we have had enough multirole and light combats in our inventory...
India should start another project do develop an economical bomber simultaneously and side by side with the AMCA so that AMCA and FGFA compliment the role of that Bomber while carrying out SEAD and Ground bombings..This would prove to be a deadly and lethal combination.

AMCA needs a max take of weight of at least 60,000lbs and should have at least 14 hardpoints we should consider developing a advanced cutting edge AESA radar in collaboration with Israel as well as having cutting edge EW ECM systems developed other indigenously or with Israel

So, this is going to be another aircraft which will focus more on air-air combat(with all its stealth and maneuverability features) and most importantly it is a 20 ton fighter aircraft after Tejas and tha Hal/PAK FGFA will be a multi role aircraft and please correct me if I am mistaken that India does not have any I repeat ANY aircraft that specifically and particularly deals with Air-Surface or ground combats....
Don't you feel the need of developing such an aircraft in near future..
and don't tell me India's doesnt have funds and all those stuffs $2 in 18 months is not a joke..and for the fact that we have had enough multirole and light combats in our inventory...

India should start another project do develop an economical bomber simultaneously and side by side with the AMCA so that AMCA and FGFA compliment the role of that Bomber while carrying out SEAD and Ground bombings..This would prove to be a deadly and lethal combination.

we have Jaguars and MiG-27 for that role and yes we should have a stealth strike aircraft with air to air capability as well so a multirole air superiority fighter would be the emphasis on the AMCA

we have Jaguars and MiG-27 for that role
The time when India would start commissioning there AMCA's and FGFA's and the MK2 versions...do you think that these out of date Jaguars and Mig 27M would be there to complement state of the art 5gen's..I don't think so..

The time when India would start commissioning there AMCA's and FGFA's and the MK2 versions...do you think that these out of date Jaguars and Mig 27M would be there to complement state of the art 5gen's..I don't think so..

Omnirole fighter jets will be there to compliment them...

by that time (2025) they would have been retired, the MiG-27 would be retired by 2017 the only MiG fighter that will be left going into next decade will be the upgraded MiG-29, the purpose of the AMCA is to replace the Jaguars MiG-27 and maybe the Mirage 2000 fleet, seeing the PAK FA/FGFA would be the IAF primary dedicated air superiority fighter so the PAKFA/FGFA would replace the MiG-29 in the future

we have Jaguars and MiG-27 for that role and yes we should have a stealth strike aircraft with air to air capability as well so a multirole air superiority fighter would be the emphasis on the AMCA

The idea of dedicated aircraft for dedicated roles is rather outdated, nowadays and in the future foghters are to be multi role and any way the PAK FA/FGFA/MKI are designated "air dominance" fighters by the IAF as they are larger and specifically designed for agility. Whilst the AMCA's remit from the start has been to replace Jaguars and MiG 27s.

With these many 5th gens and Tejas not to forget the Eurofighter ot Rafale (whichever wins the contract).....
There is only one thing which at least I figure out that, India is trying to take a defensive stand on any future plans of China and this clear's my headache of why isn't India going for a stealth bomber... they probably are prepairing for any counter offensive and defensive stand (if a first strike is carried out) which is quite right as our counterpart China is going for an all out offensive position...
India probably believes in "The Best offence is a solid defence".
Nice strategy though....

With these many 5th gens and Tejas not to forget the Eurofighter ot Rafale (whichever wins the contract).....
There is only one thing which at least I figure out that, India is trying to take a defensive stand on any future plans of China and this clear's my headache of why isn't India going for a stealth bomber... they probably are prepairing for any counter offensive and defensive stand (if a first strike is carried out) which is quite right as our counterpart China is going for an all out offensive position...
India probably believes in "The Best offence is a solid defence".
Nice strategy though....

Argghh.... :blink: last I heard is : Offence is the best defence

Argghh.... last I heard is : Offence is the best defence
I remodeled the qoute just a bit.... lol.. to make it sound humorous....;)

Back
Top Bottom