What's new

India to be the greatest superpower

Status
Not open for further replies.
guess what nemesis...i don't read indian posts when i see the title of the topic i shoot my mouth off..i'm satisfied and happy now continue with the topic rest assured this is the only post i read firstline and shoot my mouth off again:) continue good luck with your dreams..

before u shoot ur mouth off again plz read the first post in the thread. If u think we indians are happily dreaming, read the comments posted after that by the indians

:rofl::rofl:
Oh...you silly Indians..
Always in for a good laugh. :lol:

IF India comes to a certain point in it's existance that it has become a large and dominant player in the world, having much influence in the rest of the world, and maintaining high living standards for almost all of its 1 billion + citizens.
(By 2050, I assume the population will have grown tremendously)
How will India cope with that? It is yet to be seen how you keep a nation with such a big population under strict government control, yet being a full fledged "democracy" at the same time.
Ohwell, nothing wrong with a little injection of confidence and self esteem for our fellow Indians. :tup:

Oh you silly non Indians !!

Always looking for an issue to raise to support your vain theory ( read wish) that the Indian nation is on the verge of collapse as others in its neighborhood always are !

India ALREADY IS a large & dominant player in the region without even making an attempt to be one. If the basics / fundamentals remain in place ( & there is no reason for it to be otherwise).. the rest will follow.

To know how India functions you have to be an Indian, thats why t doubts are cast ( underlined above). Arm chair commentators who have left their motherland for greener pastures should ask themselves why they left & why don't they return ?

With no democracy in their homeland & while enjoying the fruits of democracy in the chosen land it is surprising how doubts are being expressed on how will the govt control such a large population .

Control exercised thru a central machinery will never succeed, it has to be de centralised.

Oh you silly non Indians !!

Always looking for an issue to raise to support your vain theory ( read wish) that the Indian nation is on the verge of collapse as others in its neighborhood always are !

India ALREADY IS a large & dominant player in the region without even making an attempt to be one. If the basics / fundamentals remain in place ( & there is no reason for it to be otherwise).. the rest will follow.

To know how India functions you have to be an Indian, thats why t doubts are cast ( underlined above). Arm chair commentators who have left their motherland for greener pastures should ask themselves why they left & why don't they return ?

With no democracy in their homeland & while enjoying the fruits of democracy in the chosen land it is surprising how doubts are being expressed on how will the govt control such a large population .

Control exercised thru a central machinery will never succeed, it has to be de centralised.

Without even making an attempt?
Clearly, India has been making all sorts of attempts to verify it's presence and increasing influence in the region/rest of the world.
Don't give me this attitude of: "We don't know what you're talking about, everything goes automatically with us, we didn't ask for it, yet we are becoming it"
Your government realized quite a long way back that it had the potential to become bigger and bigger, it has injected these thoughts as a motivation to the Indian people.
Now as a result, ALOT of Indians think they're superman or they're about to become one sooner or later.
You said "the rest wil follow"
It looks to me that even you as an Indian aren't quite sure about the future.
It may be bright for India, but it sure as hell won't be easy to manage and maintain.
Maybe i'm completely wrong, but I feel that the odds are against you, we'll see in time.

Map of world poverty by country, showing percentage of population living on less than $1.25 per day. Based on 2008 UN Human Development Report.

c7a9b969c2342ff2a40430d4fa853454.png

Who's more poor??

India fits in Africa, india have dozens of billionaires and have strong companies, bu their local population is still poor, which shows improper distributoin of money, china's per capita income is 3 time higher then the india's per capitaa income, but they still dont have billionaires, which shows proper distributon of money! India's per capita is higher then the pakistan's per capitaa, but pakistan dont have billionaires, which shows some better distribution of money!

India fits in Africa, india have dozens of billionaires and have strong companies, bu their local population is still poor, which shows improper distributoin of money, china's per capita income is 3 time higher then the india's per capitaa income, but they still dont have billionaires, which shows proper distributon of money! India's per capita is higher then the pakistan's per capitaa, but pakistan dont have billionaires, which shows some better distribution of money!

If India is that poor why is its GDP almost 10 times that of pak?

U forgot to tell that india also have population almost 10 time of pak!

Frankly speaking, the life quality and the style of life in coastal China is quite close to east Europe ,Tailand and S.Africa, although China's nominal per GDP is much less than that of those countries!( East Europe's per nominal GDP is about 10000 USD while coastal China's per nominal GDP is only 5000 USD).

But the life quality in inland CHina is just a bit better than that in Vietnam.

U forgot to tell that india also have population almost 10 time of pak!

No, population is less than 7 times.

Shows your gross ignorance about economics. Have fun reading this about China & their wealth distribution.

UNU-WIDER : Changes in the Distribution of Wealth in China 1995-2002

Don't forget to download the PDF file there & read.

Without even making an attempt?
Clearly, India has been making all sorts of attempts to verify it's presence and increasing influence in the region/rest of the world.
Don't give me this attitude of: "We don't know what you're talking about, everything goes automatically with us, we didn't ask for it, yet we are becoming it"
Your government realized quite a long way back that it had the potential to become bigger and bigger, it has injected these thoughts as a motivation to the Indian people.
Now as a result, ALOT of Indians think they're superman or they're about to become one sooner or later.
You said "the rest wil follow"
It looks to me that even you as an Indian aren't quite sure about the future.
It may be bright for India, but it sure as hell won't be easy to manage and maintain.
Maybe i'm completely wrong, but I feel that the odds are against you, we'll see in time.

Missed the point Sir !

All India did after '62 was to take care of itself internally & address its natural concerns so as to ensure it never faced the national humiliation again nor did it ever have to seek help.

The rest did follow. Relax, we are quite sure of our future. Our bane has been the coalition Govts that get formed instead of a single party ( any one) . These govts tend to slow us down ( yet the essentials of foreign & eco policy are not violated).

We have in the past & even now do goof it up BIG TIME, but what comes to the rescue is the essentials which ensures natural accountability.

No, population is less than 7 times.

And GDP is also not 10 times, our GDP was $165bn in 2007, and increased by 5.8% thats mean our GDP was near $175bn in 2008, and what was ur GDP??

Shows your gross ignorance about economics. Have fun reading this about China & their wealth distribution.

UNU-WIDER : Changes in the Distribution of Wealth in China 1995-2002

Don't forget to download the PDF file there & read.

But still 1000 time better then India!
And i think u dont know 3 of six top billionaires are INDIANS and no chinese in TOP 100, which shows ur ignorance in economics!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_billionaires_(2008)

Last edited:
our world don't need the greatest superpower,the greatest superpower is killing innocent people aroud the world right now

aimarraul, i do agree with you in this context, as we dont need Greatest Superpower but what we need as world body or some countries who can represent concern of group of some countries. Some time it better to have multi-polar world instead of Uni-polar world, so that matter or concerns can be sorted out without any Injustices. :agree:

This is my opinion, other's may have different opinion.

China has the potential; however, there is a problem. If the United States does enter a Depression, they will be dragging China down with them. China's current rise to power is a direct result of American business and industry. Take that away and China's economy will decline as well.

I have a problem with people claiming that India is going to be the next States too. India has massive social problems. I think it's going to take a lot of domestic work before India is anything other than a lucrative foreign market for other superpowers.

China’s economy began its growth spree almost 13 years (1979) before India even emerged on the global economic market.

So what is the key difference maker between India and China?

Currently India has the world’s youngest population - almost 1 out of every 10 people in India is below the age of 25. Thus the country has a ton of fresh minds entering the various industry, business, and education sectors.

While China One-Child policy= parents not desire a female child, more males are born = unequal sex ratio (males: females) in which there are less females for every male in the population

Analysts says By 2015 China’s population will decrease steadily and government will struggle with providing care to its aging millions.

China’s current economic growth= resource accumulation from trades.
(Debts from foreign powers while trying to market their goods and resources to a global market)

India’s current economic growth= efficient economic sector
(Focusing on specializing their economy and quality services such as the IT sector, research & development)

More efficient economy will always overtake simple economics.

China is a leading producer of marketable good and a major mass producer of such goods like toys and the T-shirts.

India is a rising power in the software, design, services and precision industry. There is no other IT sector in the world that can compare to or even hold its own against India.

India and China produce over 500 thousand engineers who graduate with high degrees - compared to the 60 thousand who graduate in the US.

- India has the 2nd largest English speaking population out of the English nations
- 2nd largest nation with the most English speakers per GDP.
- India’s education system has proven to be far more advanced than its Chinese counterpart.

There are no private run enterprises in China - for the fear of individualization and loss of government control of the country. So while China is relying on foreign investments and trade, India has been developing a wave of homegrown, innovative private companies, especially in high tech & information sector.

India and china will be the next super power but they should keep away themselves from weapon competition otherwise fall like Russia, plus think hard before making long term global friends.
China should avoid Pakistan and N Korea (They don’t want to grow and will not let other grow) And Same with India it should avoid Israel and other Anti Muslim countries(I think no explanation needed).

China has the potential; however, there is a problem. If the United States does enter a Depression, they will be dragging China down with them. China's current rise to power is a direct result of American business and industry. Take that away and China's economy will decline as well.

PLS read more news about China on FT or WSJ,then think about your word "China's current rise to power is a direct result of American business and industry. Take that away and China's economy will decline as well"

fact is that China's economy is still growing at a speed of 6%+ and rebounding whild USA is still in depression.

I have a problem with people claiming that India is going to be the next States too. India has massive social problems. I think it's going to take a lot of domestic work before India is anything other than a lucrative foreign market for other superpowers.

China’s economy began its growth spree almost 13 years (1979) before India even emerged on the global economic market.

as I know, CHina's economy surpassed India during 1950s-1970s ,although it was a dissatifactory era to Chinese.

fact is that in 1980,China's most economy index,including per nominal GDP and HDI , had supassed India.

PLS do more research and stop citing other's clueless word easily before you make any conclusion.

So what is the key difference maker between India and China?

Currently India has the world’s youngest population - almost 1 out of every 10 people in India is below the age of 25. Thus the country has a ton of fresh minds entering the various industry, business, and education sectors.

While China One-Child policy= parents not desire a female child, more males are born = unequal sex ratio (males: females) in which there are less females for every male in the population

Analysts says By 2015 China’s population will decrease steadily and government will struggle with providing care to its aging millions.

the fact that "almost 1 out of every 10 people in India is below the age of 25." has kept so for many decades.

but India has kept be poor for many decades althoug it has many young people for many decades, which has proven that only " many youth" is not enough to "be rich and powerful"

in fact ,many african countries has more youth ,if measured by the ratio of youth/total population.

China’s current economic growth= resource accumulation from trades.
(Debts from foreign powers while trying to market their goods and resources to a global market)

India’s current economic growth= efficient economic sector
(Focusing on specializing their economy and quality services such as the IT sector, research & development)
well, India is not a fish in the same bottle of China now.

China is a semi-industrialized country ,but India as a whole is still a agriculture-based economy.

In one decade or so, China can finish its industrialization and become a industrialized country. or in another way, China will be a industrialized country when my kid goes to school.

But before you and I die, India can not finish industrialization.

More efficient economy will always overtake simple economics.

China is a leading producer of marketable good and a major mass producer of such goods like toys and the T-shirts.

India is a rising power in the software, design, services and precision industry. There is no other IT sector in the world that can compare to or even hold its own against India.

well, god...pls come to China before you draw any conclusion,ok?

difference is that :
Indian take it for granted that english is most noble and accept english as symbol of " upper class".
CHinese think english is just a tool to develop China and make CHinese y take the place of english someday.

India and China produce over 500 thousand engineers who graduate with high degrees - compared to the 60 thousand who graduate in the US.

quantity does not mean quality.

as I know, students in CHinese universities have increased much since 2000,but the quality of those students go down very much.

When I entered into university in 1990s, university students in China were still "social elites" ,but now university students is as many and cheap as slumdogs in Mumbai.

I don't think that India's "million of university students" are much different from CHinese counterparts.

- India has the 2nd largest English speaking population out of the English nations
- 2nd largest nation with the most English speakers per GDP.

as I posted, Indian are proud to speak english,because they still think speaking english is a symbol of " upper class" ! what a weird idea!

English is nothing but a tool for time being and english as a prime language in the world will not last for ever!

Indian seem that they adoren english soooooo werdly.

- India’s education system has proven to be far more advanced than its Chinese counterpart.

PLS check the literacy rate of both countries before you draw such cluess conclusion.

There are no private run enterprises in China - for the fear of individualization and loss of government control of the country. So while China is relying on foreign investments and trade, India has been developing a wave of homegrown, innovative private companies, especially in high tech & information sector.

guy ,were you from mars several hours ago?

50% of chinese economy now is private sectors..
you seem to have come to the modern world by era tunnel from cold war era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom