What's new

India to be the greatest superpower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely.

Let me ask all of you a question, as I posed in the other thread: who started the India vs China debate? It was not Indians, nor Chinese. It was Westerners.

Why they want this debate? Because if India and China fight, the trend of shifting the center of world weight towards Asia from West will surely be stopped and eventually reversed, very much to Westerners’ delight. Because only that, can they keep ruling the world, not purely by force this time, but more also by establish international norms of theirs and force others to follow.

How to prompt the fight? One group of Westerners pump up India and defame China, making a group of un- or under-educated Indians more ignorant and a group of un- or under-educated Chinese more angry. Another group of Westerners do the opposite, but with the same attempt to achieve the same.

Western colonists had used the same trick of divide-and-conquer in the past. The resulting devastations have been lasting to now. Just look around: the conflicts in Kashmir, Indo-Pak, Sino-India, Israel-Palestine…, which one isn’t caused by Western colonists? They are too many and too bloody! :taz:

Be vigilant!

BTW, the article has a lot of false points. It doesn’t have much value but serves the divide-and-conquer purpose

Excellent thinking, deciphering the western secrets of wining economically and militarily joined with deductive reasoning all in One

I don't want to burst your bubble but it takes more than numbers and figures to become a super power. Most of 1st, 2nd and 3rd spots India will achieve in near future are due to her size and mass, doesn't necessarily reflect the development in the country or her weight in global arena. :coffee:

The chance of India becoming a World super power is farfetched, China and Pakistan both contain India and regularly check and combat (in various ways) India's regional prowess.

India's Geo-Political environment is not suitable for it's development as a Super Power, no matter how much the economy may grow.

I once read, 'India is always a country rising but never really getting there'....Take it for what it's worth, interpret it as your like...

maybe...... but all the experts are putting their money on india.

are any among us a distinguished member of an economic organization or a think tank? who knows more? us or them?

If India is to replace us as the "next" super power, I would like them to get started. Perhaps they could take over straightening out some world trouble spots, say the Sudan and the pirates off Somalia. And, perhaps, they could build a new United Nations Headquarters complex in Mumbai and take that off our hands, too. Let's give the world's diplomats a front row seat to the emergence of the next superpower. It would be great if India would take on some "small" superpower burdens so it could learn the ropes for its "inevitable" takeover from us.

:enjoy:

Last edited:
I read some where that in 2050 Indian GDP will cross the GDP of USA, and GDP of India will be $25trillion and that time GDP of china will be near $50trillion
:yahoo:

If India is to replace us as the "next" super power, I would like them to get started. Perhaps they could take over straightening out some world trouble spots, say the Sudan and the pirates off Somalia. And, perhaps, they could build a new United Nations Headquarters complex in Mumbai and take that off our hands, too. Let's give the world's diplomats a front row seat to the emergence of the next superpower. It would be great if India would take on some "small" superpower burdens so it could learn the ropes for its "inevitable" takeover from us.

:enjoy:

That is not going to happen in near future, to be at that level India has do improve a lot of thing as mentioned by "PeacefulIndian". as far as 2050 goes cant predict what would be the situation in that time. So one can only imagin the possibilities considering the current scenario. :undecided:

hey by the way does anyone over here have a time machine, :azn: would go into future and check the situation and will post a reply soon. :lol:

Just kidding. :lol:

I read some where that in 2050 Indian GDP will cross the GDP of USA, and GDP of India will be $25trillion and that time GDP of china will be near $50trillion
:yahoo:

why are u so happy????

Are u chinese or pakistani???

But 2050 looks kind of possible to me. I don't give a damn to the concept of India being a military superpower. I don't think we should try for that. We should solve poverty, illeteracy, transportation, electricity, naxals, politics based on caste etc etc. And when we solve these, we should concentrate on leading the world in Research & Development. Again, 2050 looks reasonably fine for all of these. Most of us should be alive :-)

what we were to achieve in medical terms by 2000 are not likely to be achieved in 2010 also (as per revised schedule too) so that is only one field ...... what about 1000s other?

lmao . yeh - superpower dont have - 16 hour ka power cut in metro cities . hahahahaha
dude - relax - we know we are getting up but no super power. slow and steady win the race - and big mouth only have fly and mozzie in their mouth.

Damn man im happy in my "failed state"!

lmao . yeh - superpower dont have - 16 hour ka power cut in metro cities . hahahahaha
dude - relax - we know we are getting up but no super power. slow and steady win the race - and big mouth only have fly and mozzie in their mouth.

duhastmish, where did u get that "16 hour ka power cut in metro cities " from, and that also in metro area. :disagree:

If such things happen in Metro area then trere will not nbe electricity in rural area then. If 16 hour ka power cut in metro cities happen ppls will kick the government.

16 hour power cut is bit of a stretch. I believe Delhi is the only major city that regularly faces power cuts in the summers. Usually the duration is one to two hours (still annoying).The reason being that Delhi has no major power plants and hence relies on other states to provide electricity.

16 hours power cut may be happening, but in some rural area not in city. There are some cities who have ot face at the max 2 - 3 hours power cut as mentioned by Nemesis.

And GOI should concentrate on how can the situcation be improved to that such power cutting dont happen, as due to this Industrial output is effacted the most, which in turn will effect countires gorwth.

duhastmish, where did u get that "16 hour ka power cut in metro cities " from, and that also in metro area. :disagree:

If such things happen in Metro area then trere will not nbe electricity in rural area then. If 16 hour ka power cut in metro cities happen ppls will kick the government.

Hes just making things up, even I live in Delhi, the longest power cut there ever was was when the entire nothern grid tripped, due to excessive load. There was no electricity for 16-17 hrs..it happened in 2001, never since.
Infact there was a 3-day power cut in US, when the entire eastern grid failed.

Ofcourse we are an energy deficient country. Isnt that the reason why we hail the Nuke deal? There is a nuke station supposed to come near 20-30 cities, which will light up millions of villages.

Originally posted by Neo:
I don't want to burst your bubble but it takes more than numbers and figures to become a super power. Most of 1st, 2nd and 3rd spots India will achieve in near future are due to her size and mass, doesn't necessarily reflect the development in the country or her weight in global arena.

Noone says that India will become a superpower over a fortnight. Its not going to happen in the next 40-50 odd years or so. But the process has already started. Its not just Indians who hype about it. Its discussed in all circles. Harvard, Stanford, Insead, CMU, Cambridge, all have a yearly "India global meet", where they discuss the future and the India's rise. You cant accuse them of not having other issues to discuss, or of being obsessed with India.

Ofcourse their is poverty in the country, but it is also their in China, infact its estimated to be about 300 million. If US is a superpower, then why is it has the highest poverty rate in the industrialsed world?

GoldMann Sacchs has come-up with an outstanding prediction about BRIC countries, they are Irish, and the Irish are extremely scroozy and critical about money.

Last edited:
Reactions: LCA
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom