What's new

India to be called 'Bharat' ?

I do not understand what you mean in this post. Please elaborate. Sorry for the trouble.

I am just playing with the concept. Teasing. Obviously, our Native Americans don't want to be called "Indians" by the Europeans any more than the Bharatis like it. Trouble is, those pesky Brits wrote the Encyclopedia Britannica and all these Brit names stuck! Damn!

Hindustan sounds the best. It also rhymes with all the other such as Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan etc.

Besides there is a 'RAT' in Bharat.

BHARAT is already one of the three official names of India.

Bhārata is the official Sanskrit name of the country, Bhārata Gaṇarājya, and the name is derived from the ancient Indian texts, the Puranas, which refers to the land that comprises India as Bharata varṣam, and uses this term to distinguish it from other varṣas or continents[4]. For example, the Vayu Puranas says he who conquers the whole of Bharata-varsa is celebrated as a samrāt (Vayu Purana 45, 86).[4]. However in some puranas, the term 'Bharate' refers to the whole Earth as Emperor Bharata is said to have ruled the whole Earth. Until the death of Maharaja Parikshit, the last formidable emperor of the Kuru dynasty, the known world was known as Bharata varsha.

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&so...eY_-kO&usg=AFQjCNGml8QJvm40-cxN9V0W0-Iyj9b7MQ

Last edited:
You guys need to read the constitution of India.

Hindustan sounds the best. It also rhymes with all the other such as Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan etc.

Besides there is a 'RAT' in Bharat.

Its BHARATH not Bharat....

Rath means chariot...

For rats only it feels like u said...
Btw,how much big is Malaysia...We go to have some hot things there only...u know that...?

on topic:-
Well Bharath is the official name,
but India is wide spread...

U can know it by the name of the armed foces...

Bharathiya Vayu sena(IAF)

Bharathiya nau sena(navy)

Bharathiya sthalsena(army)

the name BHARAT is good. but since decades our nation is projected as India so we should stick with it. this name has earned a identity due to economic growth of India. people already use name BHARAT in daily use. BHARAT is already one of the 3 official names of republic of India.

EVEN IN URDU THEY CALL Jumhūrīyat-e Bhārat

بھارت

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

EVEN IN URDU THEY CALL Jumhūrīyat-e Bhārat

بھارت

Native Americans are 100% in favor of this change. FINALLY. the word "Indian" will have a single meaning, i.e. the noble American indigenous population and not those South Asian pretenders!! Bharat will join Mumbai and Myanmar as the rightfully correct nomenclature .....

TROLL ALERT:police::mod:

Need a History lessen My little arrogant friend

Columbus called the Native Inhabitant of America as Indians becoz he had thought that he had actually landed in India

It is your so called Nobel Native american population which ur forefathered killed , which is pretending to be Indian not ther other way around
The Name India is around 1200 Yrs old , second only to Bharata which is 5000 Yr old as the name of our country

However
Bharat as against the stupidity of our brotherens across the border should not be used as the official designation of India becoz the term was used to denote the Indian Subcontinent
The Ancient map of Bharat include India , Bangladesh , Nepal , Sri Lanka , Bhutan , Afganistan , and Parts of Myanmar and Thailand along with whole of Pakistan

Hence Geographically Bharat is not the correct term to be taught as the name for India in History books of pak as it might show pak as part of Bharat:thinktank::partay::lol::D

So then, Indians will be referred to as Bharatians? Interesting.

If this is Bharats indigenous name then I say more power to Bharat!

So then, Indians will be referred to as Bharatians? Interesting.

If this is Bharats indigenous name then I say more power to Bharat!

Are people from China referred to as Chinians? :azn:

Back
Top Bottom