What's new

India to be called 'Bharat' ?

1. Anyone who proposes that India's changing its name to Bharat.........rant snip..... of the subcontinent.

I wil be visiting sydney shortly, can i get hold of some of the stuff you are smoking, :hang2:dont get much quality stuff these days out here :D

lol :rofl: first the fake stats on muslims in india and now trying to change the name ... probbly soon muslims in india will also be forced to change their name to their bharati names:blink:

Thank you for our forfathers for saving us from this stuff

No, it will never happen. Even if India changes its name to "Bharat" people all over the world will still call it India.

Bharat is also its official name though. India is here to say.

Last edited:
Private members bill never become a law they usually die on the floor.

When I was schooling most of teachers who taught buddhism at school mentioned India as "Barathaya".

Both India and Bharat are official name of our country.

Constitiution says India that is Bharat. and vice versa .

However changing name is a pointless exercise.

Native Americans are 100% in favor of this change. FINALLY. the word "Indian" will have a single meaning, i.e. the noble American indigenous population and not those South Asian pretenders!! Bharat will join Mumbai and Myanmar as the rightfully correct nomenclature .....

lol :rofl: first the fake stats on muslims in india and now trying to change the name ... probbly soon muslims in india will also be forced to change their name to their bharati names:blink:

Thank you for our forfathers for saving us from this stuff

Just like Hindus and Christians in Pakistan who keep Muslim names?:azn:

Bharat is better name for you guys .Just my opinion ;)

When the bill is coming up which states "Indians should be called bhartis" :lol:

Native Americans are 100% in favor of this change. FINALLY. the word "Indian" will have a single meaning, i.e. the noble American indigenous population and not those South Asian pretenders!! Bharat will join Mumbai and Myanmar as the rightfully correct nomenclature .....

Wo Wo! There's no pretender here.

We didn't ask for the name India, just like you didn't ask for the name America.

It came to us.

Now ,though, it has a brand value and worldwide image and it wouldn't be wise to let go of it.

Last edited:

I do not understand what you mean in this post. Please elaborate. Sorry for the trouble.

Bharat is better name for you guys .Just my opinion ;)

When the bill is coming up which states "Indians should be called bhartis" :lol:

Its Bhartiya. If you cant learn then let me know, I will not try to correct you next time.

Bro wtf are you talking about? Indians will always be called Indians. And Natives are called "Indians", because you know why..

People outside India are not going just call India, "Bharat"... It not going to happen. Do you think people are going to call China, "Zhonghua"?(Or what ever the Indigenous name was) No, its the same with India..

Last edited:
Oh okay now I get what truthseeker meant.

Hi,
Columbus mistook the americas for india. India was a legendary destination and every european explorer wanted to get there. They wanted a direct trading route with india other than through the arabs. The native americans are the only pretenders here since they were mistaked for indians.

Back
Top Bottom