What's new

India to be called 'Bharat' ?

What benefit you will get by changing name ? it will just give somebody to make roar in the street .

In my point of view word BHARAT represents its people more than word INDIA. Nothing strange if Bharat/India government think about it positively where people of India also will appreciate to rename country.

No they wont. India is here to stay. No one is going to start calling India "Bharath" internationality. It just sounds wrong coming from non Indians..

India is the international name. Like China to Zhonghua, India to Bharat, Iran to Persia, etc, etc, etc..

Bharath is also the official name. No reason to go further.

Last edited:
i didnt know its who give us this name Bharat.
ure lying to get some appreciation.
arent u ? :azn:

:P So far you bharatis have been on my throat for using the word bharat and bharati lolzz

@ Liquid : Its up your govt to change it or not. But the world if can adopt stupid name Mumbai for rocking word Bombay, Chennai for madraas then the world can also adopt word Bharat.

Its another name you guys are more obsessed wrongly with word India assuming it sounds more like western

@ Liquid : Its up your govt to change it or not. But the world if can adopt stupid name Mumbai for rocking word Bombay, Chennai for madraas then the world can also adopt word Bharat.

Man we're talking about a whole country not cities, and a country thats very well known as India!! And plus most people dont even know about Bombay. They probably heard of New Dehli at least and Mumbai because of Slumdog Millionaire.

Its such a dumb idea. OMG, I do not want Barack Obama saying "Welcome the Prime Minister of Bharath"..

:suicide:

So far you bharatis have been on my throat for using the word bharat and bharati lolzz

Its just weird when non Indians are saying it, thats all...

The name "India" has its own ethos around it. It would be mental to change it.

Last edited:
i want "bharatvarsh"(भारतवर्ष ) name.........................

Use a time machine ................................(टाइम मशीन)

Man we're talking about a whole country not cities, and a country thats very well known as India!! And plus most people dont even know about Bombay. They probably heard of New Dehli at least and Mumbai because of Slumdog Millionaire.

Its such a dumb idea. OMG, I do not want Barack Obama saying "Welcome the Prime Minister of Bharath"..

:suicide:

Its just weird when non Indians are saying it, thats all...

The name "India" has its own ethos around it. It would be mental to change it.

As if you had ever asked the opinion of your entire country for name change earlier ? :)

Have a referendum and i am sure majority will prefer going their roots over words coined by outsiders

:suicide::suicide::suicide:

As if you had ever asked the opinion of your entire country for name change earlier ?

Have a referendum and i am sure majority will prefer going their roots over words coined by outsiders

It doesn't matter. Persia, China, Philippines, Japan, Britain, Germany, France, etc, etc, etc, etc AFRICA and AMERICAS even came from foreigners. They need to get over it.

Last edited:
India has got 3 names

1) India
2) Bharat
3) Hindustan

So whats the difference?
People are already calling it as Bharat, media usually does,
So guess it makes no difference, as people are to call it with their wish.

Regards.

Use a time machine ................................(टाइम मशीन)
وقت ہوتا تو ضرور استےمال کرتی

If Germany has no problem with two names (Germany and Deutschland). And they have never proposed to changed it to Deutschland or vice versa. Then why should we 'Indians','Bharatiyas', 'Hindustani' bother and give a damn about changing names. We all know 'Bangalore' is a super hit and 'Bengaluru' is a super flop!!!

Back
Top Bottom