What's new

India to acquire 200 fighter jets for Indian Air Force: Defence secretary

And F-15 project started well before that Vietnam war because they consider Mig-25 was the agile jets (Air superiority) through their spy satellite images of Mig-25 prototype And did Mig-25 participate Vietnam war the answer is BIG NO only Mig-21 and Mig-17 provided by Soviets to North Vietnamese Air Force
Please Read my post again what I had said.....

Please Read my post again what I had said.....
You don't understand and you have false ego that you're always right i fully understand what are you trying to say read the history and evolution of fighter jets dude than talk

It would be good for India to get a production line of Gripens going + navalized Gripens for the navy, but the problem is the mix matching jumping back & forth for Russian & NATO aircrafts. you guys should stick with one Jet for instance Rafale for air force and Rafale-M for navy instead of Rafale for air force and MiG-29K for Navy if you understand my point.

Mig 29 K is already an inducted aircraft for a long time. In our new acquisition, we have chosen Rafale and in all probability, we will increase its number and choose it for carrier as well till our own comes in.

This is for Vikramaditya and not the new AC.

Also the new twin engine LCA design for Navy has fordable wings as per images.

Reread the article.
Neither the Rafale or the F/A-18E/F will fit on the IAC-1 (INS Vikrant).

The design of the IAC-2 (INS Vishal) has not started but it will take 15 years or more before it is read.

The twin engine LCA is so far away that is not of interest at all for the IAC-1.

Mig 29 K is already an inducted aircraft for a long time. In our new acquisition, we have chosen Rafale and in all probability, we will increase its number and choose it for carrier as well till our own comes in.

If India intended to buy the Rafale, then there would be no need for a fighter competition.
As pointed out, the Rafale does not fit onto India’s carrier.

Reread the article.

The design of the IAC-2 (INS Vishal) has not started but it will take 15 years or more before it is read.

The twin engine LCA is so far away that is not of interest at all for the IAC-1.

lol who told you that?

Mig-29K is in same category as Rafale or F-18... if there comes a proposition with some customisations or modifications either of these fighters or Vikrant can handle them

This is for Vikramaditya and not the new AC.

Also the new twin engine LCA design for Navy has fordable wings as per images.

It is ORCA not LCA. A medium weight Aircraft. Yes, it is design as per the requirements of Indian navy. It has fordable wings, Engines are mounted near to each other, Canard, large wings to create better lift, elevated cabin for better view etc. The most important of all is very powerful engines. Now it has to be seen whether GE 414 are used or GE 414 EPE are used to further enhance the performance.

Reread the article.

If India intended to buy the Rafale, then there would be no need for a fighter competition.
As pointed out, the Rafale does not fit onto India’s carrier.

If Rafale is rejected , no other carrier fighter will be selected, IN will continue with Mig 29 k with some modifications.

Reread the article.

I know you are pitching for the grippen, but that is never going to happen. You missed the bus.

IN will either go for Rafale or ORCA.

lol who told you that?

Mig-29K is in same category as Rafale or F-18... if there comes a proposition with some customisations or modifications either of these fighters or Vikrant can handle them

MiG-29K has folding wings. The Rafale does not.

The proposal is to have detachable wingtips, which alledgely takes 15 minutes to attach once it is on the flight deck.
That is a significant disadvantage.

It is ORCA not LCA. A medium weight Aircraft. Yes, it is design as per the requirements of Indian navy. It has fordable wings, Engines are mounted near to each other, Canard, large wings to create better lift, elevated cabin for better view etc. The most important of all is very powerful engines. Now it has to be seen whether GE 414 are used or GE 414 EPE are used to further enhance the performance.

If Rafale is rejected , no other carrier fighter will be selected, IN will continue with Mig 29 k with some modifications.

I suspect that IN is forced to continue with the MiG-29K.
I read somewhere that they need to be repaired in average about once per sortie...

Are Mig35s or F/A 18s coming in MMRCA?
@Tumba

Last edited:
MiG-29K has folding wings. The Rafale does not.

The proposal is to have detachable wingtips, which alledgely takes 15 minutes to attach once it is on the flight deck.
That is a significant disadvantage.

I suspect that IN is forced to continue with the MiG-29K.
I read somewhere that they need to be repaired in average about once per sortie...

India and France has much more insight and expertise into operating a Aircraft Carrier than Sweden why do u think Rafale can not be modified further.

Also most Probably USA fighter will be chosen either F-18 or F-35 in future ..

Last edited:

Means Mig-35K coming to IN??

India and France has much more insight and expertise into operating a Aircraft Career than Sweden why do u think Rafale can not be modified further.

Also most Probably USA fighter will be chosen either F-18 or F-35 in future ..

That insight obviously did not help India when IAC-1 was defined.
The limited order of 57 fighters will put an economic cap on any proposal from Dassault.
The fact is that the current Rafale-M does not fit.
The workaround that has been mentioned has significant drawbacks.

Why do You think that Dassault will come up with an attractive proposal?
I have never claimed that the Rafale cannot be modified further,
but until they do, there is no point using that as an argument.

F/A-18E/F are also too large. The F-35 is not coming as a sideeffect of the S-400 purchase.

That insight obviously did not help India when IAC-1 was defined.
The limited order of 57 fighters will put an economic cap on any proposal from Dassault.
The fact is that the current Rafale-M does not fit.
The workaround that has been mentioned has significant drawbacks.

Why do You think that Dassault will come up with an attractive proposal?
I have never claimed that the Rafale cannot be modified further,
but until they do, there is no point using that as an argument.

F/A-18E/F are also too large. The F-35 is not coming as a sideeffect of the S-400 purchase.

So do you think Indian Navy who operates AC from past 60 years is a fool who doesn’t understand these things F-18 is being considered so as F-35 and Rafale...
If its required INS Vikrant will be modified also saying INS Vishal is 15 Years away is again your opinion...
Sweden is itself a minnow in world affairs and Gripen itself dependent on foreign systems ... ORCA will outmatch Gripen by end of this decade

So do you think Indian Navy who operates AC from past 60 years is a fool who doesn’t understand these things F-18 is being considered so as F-35 and Rafale...
If its required INS Vikrant will be modified also saying INS Vishal is 15 Years away is again your opinion...
Sweden is itself a minnow in world affairs and Gripen itself dependent on foreign systems ... ORCA will outmatch Gripen by end of this decade
Is Mig35s or F/A 18 coming in MMRCA?

Is Mig35s or F/A 18 coming in MMRCA?

F-18 E/F has the highest chance... a squad EA-18G is the cherry on top...

Rafale is just too expensive for fielding in numbers

No buyers for Russian fighters nor in IAF nor in Indian Govt

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom