What's new

India textbook says meat-eaters lie and commit sex crimes

Absolutely biggest BS I have heard... Thats simply BS propaganda

doublefacepalm.jpg

The point is, textbooks usually contain embarrassing stuff. Its not really TAUGHT in that way.

The point is, textbooks usually contain embarrassing stuff. Its not really TAUGHT in that way.

No they don't. My textbooks were absolutely clean and hardly ever had any opinions.

This is not a textbook, its Seventh-day Adventist Church guidebook. Its religion and yes that usually contains embarrassing stuff and its indeed taught that way :)

Dude, textbooks donot contain embarrassing stuff. If they do, they should be removed.

There are two main boards in India from which majority of Indians study - CBSE and ICSE. Feel free to highlight any embarrassing stuff in them.

This book was NOT a text book. Its a private book published by a church!

No they don't. My textbooks were absolutely clean and hardly ever had any opinions.

This is not a textbook, its Seventh-day Adventist Church guidebook. Its religion and yes that usually contains embarrassing stuff and its indeed taught that way :)

People complain about Pakistan's textbooks, but I've never read half the stuff that's over there.

People complain about Pakistan's textbooks, but I've never read half the stuff that's over there.

I'm sure you have not. I've also read those reports abt pakistani textbooks, however those reports - particularly one by nayyar looks like a scholarly piece with proper references.

Textbooks should not contain opinions, even ethics bit should be purely secular. We have too many biases as it is, no need to teach more IMO.

Despite the occassional weird stuff in textbooks in India that creeps up thanks to the sheer numbers and diversity, let me assure you we in India are absolutely in agreement that textbooks should be clean. To give you an example - in maharashtra where aurangzeb spent his last 27 years fighting the locals, the only thing that i read in maharashtra board history books was that he was a simple man who earned his living by weaving skullcaps even though he was a powerful king. This is deliberate, trust me.

In my school I did not found anything embarrassing in the religious subjects.It was clean and crystal clear. Swami Vivekananda's Karma Yoga was one of the books we used to read in schools who used to eat almost everything.

Incidentally I've studied A LOT of Indian textbooks as well. Especially Geography and History books.

Our Indian teachers also forcibly peddled a lot of nonsense... "Indian civilization began in 10,000 BC". In anthro class we read, every nation goes through a period of chaos (okayyy)... like India is going through now with the creation of Pakistan (not okay)...

Then of course... India is a superpower. Jinnah was in league with the British. Over glorification of Birbal.

Compared to American history I read later on, Indian textbooks were rubbish propaganda.

Incidentally I've studied A LOT of Indian textbooks as well. Especially Geography and History books.

Our Indian teachers also forcibly peddled a lot of nonsense... "Indian civilization began in 10,000 BC". In anthro class we read, every nation goes through a period of chaos (okayyy)... like India is going through now with the creation of Pakistan (not okay)...

Then of course... India is a superpower. Jinnah was in league with the British. Over glorification of Birbal.

Compared to American history I read later on, Indian textbooks were rubbish propaganda.

Quality-wise you should not even compare indian textbooks with western.

The rest is possible. However were the highlighted in the textbook or was teacher's invention. If it was in textbooks could you point out which one?

Also Jinnah being in league with the british should not be mentioned, but jinnah was in clandestine communication with Churchill's secretary and never went to jail should be mentioned and left to interpretation :P

Meat-eaters "easily cheat, lie, forget promises and commit sex crimes", according to a controversial school textbook available in India.

Racist, anti-muslim rant taught in schools to create a "secular" society! How do these scums justify world's highest number of rapes and crimes against womren by "vegie-eaters".

Meat-eaters "easily cheat, lie, forget promises and commit sex crimes", according to a controversial school textbook available in India.

New Healthway, a book on hygiene and health aimed at 11 and 12 year-olds, is printed by one of India's leading publishers.

Academics have urged the government to exercise greater control.

But the authorities say schools should monitor content as they are responsible for the choice of textbooks.

"This is poisonous for children," Janaki Rajan of the Faculty of Education at Jamia Millia University in Delhi told the BBC.

"The government has the power to take action, but they are washing their hands of it," she said.

It is not known which Indian schools have bought the book for their students, but correspondents say what is worrying is that such a book is available to students.

"The strongest argument that meat is not essential food is the fact that the Creator of this Universe did not include meat in the original diet for Adam and Eve. He gave them fruits, nuts and vegetables," reads a chapter entitled Do We Need Flesh Food?

The chapter details the "benefits" of a vegetarian diet and goes on to list "some of the characteristics" found among non-vegetarians.

"They easily cheat, tell lies, forget promises, they are dishonest and tell bad words, steal, fight and turn to violence and commit sex crimes," it says.

The chapter, full of factual inaccuracies, refers to Eskimos (Inuit) as "lazy, sluggish and short-lived", because they live on "a diet largely of meat".

It adds: "The Arabs who helped in constructing the Suez Canal lived on wheat and dates and were superior to the beef-fed Englishmen engaged in the same work."

The publishers, S Chand, did not respond to the BBC's requests for a comment.

Source:-

BBC News - India textbook says meat-eaters lie and commit sex crimes

[COLOR=""]Mods Please delete this thread this thread is based on lie and propagnda .

India had 2 tier system
a) Central board od Secondary examination and ICSE
b) State board. (for different state)

Since this book mentioned is neither of CBSE/ICSE or State board the Thread title is wrong...
India textbook says meat-eaters lie and commit sex crimes

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/centra...ters-lie-commit-sex-crimes.html#ixzz2K0TwNpfB

[/COLOR]

The tile should be

Some random Indian book says "meat eaters are so and so"..

Racist, anti-muslim rant taught in schools to create a "secular" society! How do these scums justify world's highest number of rapes and crimes against womren by "vegie-eaters".

Mind your language...

And I thought we were the most racist, now I have something to go byon this forum, when someone calls me racist :) , thanks for the material guys, its kinda hard to respond back in a discussion ,when someone pulls the race card, which traditionally trumps everything, Brown people are most racist than i imagine hehe

It is not textbook, It is some random book..

Epic facepalm for thread started and thread reviver...

Back
Top Bottom