What's new

India textbook says meat-eaters lie and commit sex crimes

:) grain shortage is going to hit this region in future due to many factors
India has surplus grain supply problem is the pathetic distribution system which results in wastage of huge amount of grains.

BTW I wish bird flu doesn't come in our sub continent again otherwise some country will surely die of hunger. :D

India has surplus grain supply problem is the pathetic distribution system which results in wastage of huge amount of grains.

BTW I wish bird flu doesn't come in our sub continent again otherwise some country will surely die of hunger. :D

in our region in some parts of the area the chickens have died out, has this happen up your ends?? chickens dying out.

Our stomachs are stromg enough to defeat the bird flu once again :)

future of grain in this entire region in future is going to be hit badly its NOT just about India

future of grain in this entire region in future is going to be hit badly its NOT just about India
Yeah we know you have divine power to combat flu virus. BTW India is already buying lands in Africa just like China for agriculture purpose. Hope you know about it. :D

Yeh i know thats a good step.
Actually its a sort of imperialism. India is doing what it fought against few decades ago. We are getting land at throw away price. So is China.

Hope I can find an article that showed this Indian Imperialism even when there is nothing wrong to buy lands in foreign country for growing domestic demand.

Indeed...

Production of various Agricultural commodities: Pakistan’s ranking in the World (Source: FAO STATS)

World Rank:

Buffalo Milk 2
Chick-Peas 2
Indigenous Buffalo Meat 2
Indigenous Goat Meat 2
Roots and Tubers nes 2
Okra 3
Apricots 4
Goat Milk 4
Mangoes 4
Dates 5
Onions, Dry 5
Pimento, Allspice 5
Spices nes 5
Sugar Cane 5
Pulses nes 6
Fruit Tropical Fresh nes 7
Sesame Seed 7
Cauliflower 8
Oilseeds nes 9
Spinach 9
Wheat 9
Indigenous Sheep Meat 10
Pistachios 10
Tobacco Leaves 10
Berries nes 11
Rapeseed 11
Eggplants 12
Oranges 12
Rice, Paddy 12
Tang.Mand.Clement.Satsma 12
Jute-Like Fibres 13
Lentils 13
Wool, Greasy 13
Almonds 14
Cantaloupes&oth Melons 14
Eggs, excluding Hen 14
Peas, Green 14
Sunflower Seed 14
Fruit Fresh nes 15
Pumpkins, Squash, Gourds 15
Castor Beans 16
Cow Milk, Whole, Fresh 17
Jute 17
Millet 17
Peas, Dry 18
Safflower Seed 18
Vegetables Fresh nes 18
Garlic 20
Nuts nes 20
Walnuts 20
Permanent Mission of Pakistan to the WTO

Actually its a sort of imperialism. India is doing what it fought against few decades ago. We are getting land at throw away price. So is China.

Hope I can find an article that showed this Indian Imperialism even when there is nothing wrong to buy lands in foreign country for growing domestic demand.

Who is saying it wrong.

anyway am still waiting for your reply why "low cast" phrase offend the upper cast Hindus in India?

Who is saying it wrong.

anyway am still waiting for your reply why "low cast" phrase offend the upper cast Hindus in India?

Caste is sensitive issue ..upper caste people find it offensive to be called lower caste . that is what the hoopla was all about..

McDonald's to beef up in India with meatless menu

NEW YORK (AP) — McDonald's Corp., the fast food chain that brought the hamburger to the world, is opening what may be its first vegetarian-only restaurants.

The world's biggest hamburger chain said Tuesday that the locations in India will serve only vegetarian food because of customer preferences in the region. The company could not immediately say when the restaurants would open or how many there would be.

A 2006 poll found that about 40 percent of Indians do not eat meat, and McDonald's is eager to tap that 500-million-strong market.

Already, McDonald's said its restaurants in India do not sell beef or pork, and that the kitchens are separated into sections for cooking vegetarian and non-vegetarian food.

They have menu items that cater to local tastes, such as the Maharaja Mac, which is a Big Mac made with chicken patties instead of beef. It also offers a McAloo Tikki, a burger made with a spicy breaded potato patty, red onions, tomatoes and a "special vegetable sauce."

The chain offers such localized options in countries around the world.

The opening of the vegetarian-only restaurants "further speaks to McDonald's efforts to cater to local tastes," the Oak Brook, Ill.-based company said. Without providing details, it said the restaurants will be in areas that are popular pilgrimage destinations.

McDonald's said the new restaurants are the only ones it's aware of that will serve only vegetarian food. However, local franchises in India and other regions may already have meatless menus.

For religious reasons, beef is not eaten by Hindus, who make up the majority of India's population of about 1.2 billion people.

McDonald's has more than 33,500 locations around the world, but only about 250 are in India.

As McDonald's faces rising competition and a volatile world economy, it has said it will focus on offering more food options that cater to local tastes in order to grow sales. Last month, the company said a key revenue measure came in flat for July, which was its worst showing in more than nine years. The figure had grown every month since April 2003.

In 2002, McDonald's agreed to donate $10 million to Hindu and other groups in the U.S. to settle lawsuits that accused the chain of mislabeling french fries and hash browns as vegetarian. The vegetable oil used to prepare the fries and hash browns had contained traces of beef for flavoring purposes.

McDonald's to beef up in India with meatless menu - Businessweek

Who is saying it wrong.

No one is saying wrong. I am telling you my perspective regarding it. Not accusing you or anyone. Hope it clears things.

Sorry, didn't read your that comment. Well, caste system is deeply engrained in our society. yes there is lot of discrimination based on caste.

Another phenomenon that is emerging in many parts of India is those backward castes who got reservation for education and jobs now use their position to take some sort of revenge of upper caste junior officer. I know a case of bank manager who belonged to ST (schedule tribe) and used to make his sub-ordinate who was higher class, Rajput, to work relentlessly.

Similar thing is also happening in Rajasthan, UP which I know of. In India, our biggest problem is these divisions at various social and economic level.

I have seen Engineers from higher class talking idiotic things like Shudra should work as Shudra, shouldn't get educated. They openly mock backward castes too. So whenever these backward castes get chance, they take their sweet revenge.

This is a private publisher, they can write any crap they like.
Action should be taken on schools that follow them, at least govt can send a circular against it to schools warning about the errors.

BTW, (for those who see hindu conspiracy in it,) the author has a very unusual hindu name: david. :)

Like I said, depends on society. Your sister is an isolate case. I have also said about choices.

But there are thousands of Brahmin girls who won't marry or accept a guy and ask him to stop eating meat.[/Q

I am not a brahman but my wife dont sleep with me the day I eat non veg in parties or outing, and she always know it by the smell of my sweat every time with out fail even if i lie.

Back
Top Bottom