What's new

India test fires Agni-2 with range more than 2000 Km.

Mate second thing, when you know a thing, dont ask for source. BTW, even what source you want?

And if the Shurya and Prahaar inducted, then where is user trials? And bro use your brain, the end user of Shaurya and Sagarika are different, and even they are way different in capabilities.
You said both are dead plans ?Show me some official report and why you think end user makes any difference ?Both are surface strike weapon launched from different platform.

Seems like a pretty good Long range Missile. So India is developing other versions of this it seems?
Congrats by the way for the successful launch.:cheers:

Seems like a pretty good Long range Missile. So India is developing other versions of this it seems?

thanks, but I think the missile is about to be retired now and replaced with new ones :D

Astra and K4 both were tested few months back. And Naval version of Shourya I.e Sagarika has been tested for atleast 10 times now, all successful.
what is the status of shaurya induction ?
next test or induction of CLGM?
Any official image of K4?
next test of astra?

Its a pretty old missile. Agni V with the range of 6000kms is the latest one.

Is it? cool. But if they are to retire this, then why are they still testing it?:what:
It wasn't developmental test but rather routine test by SFC to checkout readiness of the system.

Although the question isn't directed towards me, but of course A4 can replace A2. In my opinion, since DRDO and IA (SFC) don't have a headache for budget, following missiles should be retired and replaced as soon as possible:

-A1 with Shaurya
-A2 with A4
-A3 with A5

The mentioned respective systems are similar in dimensions so the SFC should not go through much trouble in re-assigning previous missile groups. However their RVs are different.

Replacing A1 with Shaurya and A3 with A5 seems logical .

But replacing 2000km range A2 with 4000km range A4 does not make sense , if A2 is aimed at Pak .

Could be, but that is precisely what A6 is being developed for, no? Why waste resources on modifying a missile to deliver MIRVs 2000km shorter?
Agreed, A6 will have 3000kg payload. But thats not what I said, I referred to RVs being under 1000kg, which in this case could be 3x1000 or 6x500.

3000kg is the throw-weight of A6 . Apart from RVs , IMO , it includes the weight of MIRV bus and heat shield as well .

Back
Top Bottom