What's new

'India supports for EU waiver on trade preferences to Pakistan'

Indonesia was struck by a tsunami which wiped out 100,000 people , did it ask for concessions ? --- NO

China had massive floods last year , did it ask for concessions ? --- NO

India is battling insurgency in Kashmir and has lost billions , did it ask for concessions ? --- NO

Solve your power problems that plague the textile industry , develop infrastructure , then you won't need any concessions from anyone anymore.

This begging attitude won't get you anywhere ...

Yes - the waiver allows India to potentially utlize domestic fuel reserves for weapons production while legally importing fuel for her NPP's.

The technological cooperation with nations that have advanced NPP designs will benefit Indian Science and Technology, and potentially have other impacts downstream of the NPP's, and perhaps from technological spin-offs and alternate applications.

The construction of NPP's allows India to tap another resource for power generation, which Pakistan is restrained from doing, and therefore gives Indian industry an 'unfair advantage' over Pakistan in terms of having additional power resources to tap for production.

:lol: :lol:

Notwithstanding the utter ridiculousness of these sentences, these things should have been borne out in mind before proliferating nuke material to North Korea and Libya.

Pakistan is paying for its own follies.Again no use blaming India.

Indonesia was struck by a tsunami which wiped out 100,000 people , did it ask for concessions ? --- NO

India is battling insurgency in Kashmir and has lost billions , did it ask for concessions ? --- NO

Solve your power problems that plague the textile industry , develop infrastructure , then you won't need any concessions from anyone anymore.

This begging attitude won't get you anywhere ...

i think india in return wanted MFN status....and increase in exports to pakistan.

Indonesia is not next to Afghanistan and embroiled in a war imposed by the US.
China is not embroiled in a war imposed by the US.

Pakistan is embroiled in fighting an insurgency in Baluchistan, and also lost East Pakistan due to terrorism and war imposed by India - put a number on economic losses to Pakistan from that.

I didn't say we shouldn't solve those problems - I am merely pointing out that the arguments of 'fair competition' do not apply when nations are not facing the same challenges, and when Indians have no qualms over 'accepting unfair concessions at the NSG'

India is not 'sacrificing her market' since India would not have this market share to begin with had it not been for the damages suffered by Pakistan from the WoT and natural disasters.

Again how is the natural damages suffered by Pakistan India's fault that we should forsake the market we currently hold ?

Please dont go into the arguuments of if my aunty had a mush he would have been ,my uncle kinda arguments about what Pakistan would have been if not for the WoT or the floods.

Lets get it straight - EU wants to help you. Fine. Let them give their own money, not the Indian market share.This is not EU aid in any meaningful term. This is Indian aid to Pakistani weavers.. Be aware India is giving aid to poor Pakistani weavers.

And how was it Pakistan's fault that it lost the market share it would have otherwise kept or increased, had there been no US imposed war and natural disasters?

Why did Pakistan decide to participate in the War on Terror ? Did India advise it to do so ? Your country was spineless and did not stand upto the US and did not tell the US in the face that we will not participate in this war. So why blame us ?

India is not 'sacrificing her market' since India would not have this market share to begin with had it not been for the damages suffered by Pakistan from the WoT and natural disasters.

---------- Post added at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 AM ----------

And how was it Pakistan's fault that it lost the market share it would have otherwise kept or increased, had there been no US imposed war and natural disasters?

Aap to dono haath me laddu chaahte hain... You want to have your war, as well as an advanced economy, both. The war is a business between Pakistan and the US. Pakistan thought of getting nicely compensated for the war. Didn't happen. Now crying foul.

About natural disasters - it took place in 2010. Barely affected Karachi area where most of the traders that are lobbying for compensation, are based. Was Pakistan a forerunner in exporting textile products to the EU before Sept of 2010?

India did not occupy the market in 2010, when the disaster took place, or even 2001 when your war started, rather it was an effort spanning decades.

So please do not say that India couldn't have the market if Pakistan were not embroiled in this war.

Man it's a lame excuse. Bangladesh has been struck by natural disasters more often and more frequently than any other country. And it has managed to keep its industry running.

Pakistan is embroiled in fighting an insurgency in Baluchistan, and also lost East Pakistan due to terrorism and war imposed by India - put a number on economic losses to Pakistan from that.

I didn't say we shouldn't solve those problems - I am merely pointing out that the arguments of 'fair competition' do not apply when nations are not facing the same challenges, and when Indians have no qualms over 'accepting unfair concessions at the NSG'

Lol. Everything that happened to Pak is due to others and the world is bound to compensate that. Nothing went wrong due to the hare barined policies of the dictators and the politicians in yesteryears.

Ware waah !

:lol: :lol:

Notwithstanding the utter ridiculousness of these sentences,
If they are 'ridiculous' then you should have no problems showing exactly how they are so. Merely stating they are 'ridiculous' does not offer anything of intellectual worth in terms of discourse.
these things should have been borne out in mind before proliferating nuke material to North Korea and Libya.
Why? Pakistan did nothing illegal, and even the proliferation was not sanctioned at the official level, and pales in comparison to the nuclear proliferation out of the West that allowed the Israeli and Pakistani nuclear programs to become successful.
Pakistan is paying for its own follies.Again no use blaming India.
I am merely pointing out to you how the NSG deal is an 'unfair concession for India', that potentially harms Pakistan.

Indian's and Bangladeshis will not be 'paying' for anything, the market share both countries enjoy currently is because...

The 'because' doesn't matter, AM. We're talking business here.

Why don't you understand that?

BTW, can you even quantify the excuse or am I supposed to take it at the face value?

in the past India enjoyed lower tariffs than Pakistan as well.

...and what were the grounds for that even if that did exist?

Personally, I believe this would be true of the time when India was far worse economically than Pakistan.

and Indians and Bangladeshis have earned quite a bit at Pakistan's expense because of those events.

The floods and WoT in Pakistan were not of India or Bangladesh's doing. Why should we pay up?

At best, even if your market share was captured by Indian and Bangladeshi traders, it was an inadvertent gain.

We did not invoke the floods upon Pakistan. Why should we pay up? I fail to understand.

As far as WoT is concerned, that too was a consequence of many events in which Pakistan had its fair share in the pie.

We did not tell you to get involved in the Afghan quagmire in the 80's. You did it on your own and you paid the price.

How's that our problem?

Return the NSG deal before arguing against 'unfair concessions to Pakistan'.

Sure! You have a problem, please take it up with the NSG.

We're not in the habit of giving things up voluntarily.

No, look at it as 'losing out on the extra money India and Bangladesh earned while Pakistan was embroiled in a war imposed by the US'.

So what?

Your losing money was not of India and Bangladesh's making. Why should they be the ones who are asked to pay?

Only as laughable as your hypocrisy at gleefully accepting the 'unfair concession of the NSG deal' while pouting and whining about any potential tariff concessions for Pakistan.

You have still not elaborated on how exactly was the NSG concession to India 'unfair'.

Apropos the NSG waiver, it was India's gain but not Pakistan's loss.

Apropos EU trade concessions, it will be Pakistan's gain AND India's loss.

Lol. Everything that happened to Pak is due to others and the world is bound to compensate that. Nothing went wrong due to the hare barined policies of the dictators and the politicians in yesteryears.

Ware waah !
Do point to me where I said anything of the sort.

In the meantime, your ranting and whining over any potential EU tariff concessions is better utilized if directed at your own government.

And the ranting and whining won't come across as hypocritical if you also choose to reject the 'unfair NSG concessions given to India'.

Give it a break mate , dont provide an excuse for getting unfair trade concessions in return.

Every country has its own set of economic problems.

Whose fault is that Pakistan is embroiled in the WoT - Pakistan

Natural calamities occur in all countries , so leave the "we had floods , give us concessions" charade.

And regd India's concessions at NSG , it was not AT THE COST of Pakistan.

You reap what you sow : Pakistan is No.1 in Global Nuclear black marketeering and rampant nuclear proliferation , and you expect NSG to give you a free pass ?

As I said, give it a break !

You have still not elaborated on how exactly was the NSG concession to India 'unfair'.

Apropos the NSG waiver, it was India's gain but not Pakistan's loss.

Apropos EU trade concessions, it will be Pakistan's gain AND India's loss.

See post 36 regarding the potential losses to Pakistan from the NSG concessions for India.

Give it a break mate , dont provide an excuse for getting unfair trade concessions in return.
I'll stop when India decides to reject the 'unfair NSG concessions'.

Whose fault is that Pakistan is embroiled in the WoT - Pakistan
Actually that would be the US's fault - there was no need to invade Afghanistan and then go off and launch another war in Iraq.

Natural calamities occur in all countries , so leave the "we had floods , give us concessions" charade.
Were it just the floods alone, and not the tens of billions because of the US imposed war, then certainly.

And regd India's concessions at NSG , it was not AT THE COST of Pakistan.
Yes it was, see previous posts.

You reap what you sow : Pakistan is No.1 in Global Nuclear black marketeering and rampant nuclear proliferation , and you expect NSG to give you a free pass ?
See previous posts.
As I said, give it a break !
When Indians stop being hypocritical about 'unfair concessions' WRT to their own 'NSG Concession'.

Even if I take your point that Indians and Bangladeshis gained at the cost of Pakistanis, that doesn't mean that the process is irreversible.

If you lost your market, you will and can regain it by bringing better products to the table.

You do not need concessions for regaining your market share which was lost of your own follies. Least of all, Indians and Bangladeshis should be the ones to pay up for your troubles.

See post 36 regarding the potential losses to Pakistan from the NSG concessions for India.

Those are mere conjectures.

This could happen...

That could happen...

For that matter anything under the Sun could happen.

I can also say that my govt. believes that the trade concessions to Pakistan will be used to fuel Pakistani activities in J&K or may be even to indirectly fund the expanding Pakistani nuclear aresanal.

These are mere conjectures and there's no end to where human imagination can reach.

Point is, this is a frivolous reason of how the NSG waiver to India was at the cost of Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom