What's new

India successfully tests Nirbhay cruise missile

Hi Ommy, this is the dream project of DRDO and Kalam since a long time. We should build the capability . To use it or not depends on circumstances and outcome of test result.

I know,but dream project or not it doesn't matter.What does matter for initiating a R&D is to first verify the necessity and moreover the feasibility of the end product,and more importantly whether the end user wants such a thing or not.In this case,it is totally unnecessary since that job can be easily done by an UCAV,heck that's the reason the UCAVs were developed at the first place.A reusable missile at this point of time seems to be totally unnecessary,heck I would dare say that this idea or dream,whatever you say is flawed in itself.So there is no need to sink our resources and time in this project thingy,whose dream it was doesn't matter at all.

Hi Ommy, this is the dream project of DRDO and Kalam since a long time. We should build the capability . To use it or not depends on circumstances and outcome of test result.
long range UCAV are way more better than reusable missile.... imagine lauching a missile and recovering it using a parachute(if it can use landing gear...then it wont be a missile at all) and refueling, placing it back in launcher and firing it again jst utter headache!!There is a reason why no country is pursing it!!!china, us working on hypersonic glide vehicle not missile and Drdo AVATAR is also not a missile its a hypersonic vehicle...and these vehicles only gud for long range missions!!

Ok

May be it depend on mission profile. Near the target lesser the fuel and higher the warhead.

You can do that for ballistic missiles but not for Cruise missiles. For Cruise missiles the flight control system determines the flight and one of the parameters is center of gravity (CG). The FC is designed to compensate for the shift in CG as the fuel decreases and control surfaces makes appropriate adjustments.

A increase in warhead weight by 100 to 200 k.g is significant variance in the CG, especially when the fuel runs out. It requires a completely recalibrated FCS. I doubt the missile is smart enough to do that. Maybe in the future when we have mastered Aura.

you are right indeed!!!!
off topic:
I think you do really have anger management problem!!!

Babur has been deployed now looking forward for longer range version
arey bhai.!!! you were sayin the same thing again n again....from the starting of this thread!!! you r not getting bored??? 0r you get paid to troll??

Why pakistanis have to be so obsessed with a simple missile tested by India?

Does India have plans for stealth version that can be launch from smaller aircraft? Something like this?
JASSM-ER.jpg
Sir,with all due respect,India simply doesn't have the technical know how to build a missile as advance as AGM-158.I mean,just look at us.We were finally successful in building up a sub-sonic missile nearly 30 years after the induction of the Tomahawk.So you can clearly see that there is a huge technological gap between us.Maybe DRDO will develop something like this in the next 20 years but right now it seems to be a far fetching idea as far as i am concerned:coffee:.

American members are saying Nirbhay is not a copy of Tomahawk while Pakistanis are yelling at the top of their voices that it's a copy. What are they trying to prove? Pitiful behavior - complete obsession & paranoia about India, just like Kissinger said.

Sir,with all due respect,India simply doesn't have the technical know how to build a missile as advance as AGM-158.I mean,just look at us.We were finally successful in building up a sub-sonic missile nearly 30 years after the induction of the Tomahawk.So you can clearly see that there is a huge technological gap between us.Maybe DRDO will develop something like this in the next 20 years but right now it seems to be a far fetching idea as far as i am concerned:coffee:.

Well,you also have to remember that India started only recently,it's not like we started 30 years ago and have succeeded just now!!

Well,you also have to remember that India started only recently,it's not like we started 30 years ago and have succeeded just now!!
Yeah brother i do know that.Believe me,i'll be the happiest person in the world if DRDO manages to develop something on the lines of the AGM-158 but we also have to face the reality here and the reality is that the Amercians are much more advanced in the field of Cruise missile tech at present.Maybe somewhere down the line we'll surely catch up to them but it'll take some time.In the mean time the best thing for us is to significantly increase the R&D budget of the DRDO and try to recruit the best technical minds from IITs.

Yeah brother i do know that.Believe me,i'll be the happiest person in the world if DRDO manages to develop something on the lines of the AGM-158 but we also have to face the reality here and the reality is that the Amercians are much more advanced in the field of Cruise missile tech at present.Maybe somewhere down the line we'll surely catch up to them but it'll take some time.In the mean time the best thing for us is to significantly increase the R&D budget of the DRDO and try to recruit the best technical minds from IITs.
not impossible ........air version is 6 years away ..........i think it very much possible drdo will go in AGM-158 direction.......

why is that after spending years harping about Hype-Ultra-Bazunga sonic Brahmos Missile.
India "Lowers" her standards and make s measly Subsonic Cruise missile?

why is that after spending years harping about Hype-Ultra-Bazunga sonic Brahmos Missile.
India "Lowers" her standards and make s measly Subsonic Cruise missile?

THe new Indian logic making rounds is. Due to economical reasons. Supersonic wala cost 5 million per piece and this sub sonic wala cause 1-1.5 million per piece

Back
Top Bottom