What's new

India successfully test fired Brahmos Missile from Su 30

So far only one SU-30 MKI had been structurally strengthened to carry the 2.5 ton heavyweight on central pylon. The additional frames welded to MKI fuselage to make it stronger has permanently increased the jets weight and handling characteristics.
An MKI Carrying brahmos can only fly 1500 km, which is half the normal range of the jet.
So India now has the bullet but only one gun to fire it from.
The more jets they modify for Brahmos, the more impact it will have on overall performance of IAF.
It's a valid point,for making mki brahmos campatible we are making mki short legged. Either iaf should go for more mki or they should go for another 40 or so su34s.

Why is it hard for BrahMos to hit a moving target?

If the BrahMos has a mission to destroy the moving ship at 300 KM away, it will take about 6 minutes to reach it (800m/s), and by that time the target would have moved 5 KM away from it (30 knots per hour). So the BrahMos needs constant location feeding (mid-course data link enabled) of its target which is on the run or moving. And BrahMos is not equipped in its autonomous mode to reach that moving target on its own without any GPS co-ordinate feed through various means.
Does it change the fact that brahmos can hit moving targets?no. Tell me how many antiship missile of today is having this capability? Don't bring agm158,it's still under development or don't bring your bull shit theory of rocket motor position in an anti-tank missile to show your expertise.

what is the timeframe for Brahmos-NG?we can fit 3 mini Brahmos instead of 1 big Brahmos on Su-30 MKI

It's a valid point,for making mki brahmos campatible we are making mki short legged. Either iaf should go for more mki or they should go for another 40 or so su34s.

Does it change the fact that brahmos can hit moving targets?no. Tell me how many antiship missile of today is having this capability? Don't bring agm158,it's still under development or don't bring your bull shit theory of rocket motor position in an anti-tank missile to show your expertise.

First learn the innards & internal organs (hardware) of Brahmos then come back to me.

You first told that brahmos can't hit moving objects,which is proved to be wrong

Because without external assistance the BrahMos is not able to hit a moving target like any ship doing 30 knots.

And if you say this is wrong, moron you become.
BrahMos has completed nearly 48 tests, not a single test involving a moving target.
Why don't they do it if that is that easy?

Because without external assistance the BrahMos is not able to hit a moving target like any ship doing 30 knots.

And if you say this is wrong, moron you become.
BrahMos has completed nearly 48 tests, not a single test involving a moving target.
Why don't they do it if that is that easy?
Bring an example of an antiship missile to do such things first,all antiship missile existing today need some kind of inputs from launch platform.

Weather external assistance or not it's able to hunt down moving objects,that's what I want,that what IN is looking for. No navy will induct any antiship missile which lacks capability to hit a moving ship. Only a Moron will believe otherwise.

So far only one SU-30 MKI had been structurally strengthened to carry the 2.5 ton heavyweight on central pylon. The additional frames welded to MKI fuselage to make it stronger has permanently increased the jets weight and handling characteristics.
An MKI Carrying brahmos can only fly 1500 km, which is half the normal range of the jet.
So India now has the bullet but only one gun to fire it from.
The more jets they modify for Brahmos, the more impact it will have on overall performance of IAF.

That 1500 Km is the strike radius of the Su-30 MKI, armed with Brahmos. That means Su-30 will be able to fly 1500 Km , deliver its payload and come back to airbase and that is without mid air refueling.
Considering ferry range on Su 30 is about 3500 Kms , It is not much of trade off.

What is the breadth of Pakistan at its widest point ?

@ashok321 I want a simple straightforward answer, weather Brahmos antiship missile example is capable to hit a moving target?

Bring an example of an antiship missile to do such things first,all antiship missile existing today need some kind of inputs from launch platform.

It is not launch platform, its secondary platform like AWACS or SatCom for example that gives additional location information on moving target during its terminal run.

The launching platform, SU-30 in this case, feeds GPS co-ordinates through the umbilical cord attached via launcher to BrahMos. This way the Brahmos knows where its position is when it begins its dash.

That 1500 Km is the strike radius of the Su-30 MKI, armed with Brahmos. That means Su-30 will be able to fly 1500 Km , deliver its payload and come back to airbase and that is without mid air refueling.
Considering ferry range on Su 30 is about 3500 Kms , It is not much of trade off.

What is the breadth of Pakistan at its widest point ?
I think we are going to station mki in Andaman not on western borders.

It is not launch platform, its secondary platform like AWACS or SatCom for example that gives additional location information on moving target during its terminal run.

The launching platform, SU-30 in this case, feeds GPS co-ordinates through the umbilical cord attached via launcher to BrahMos. This way the Brahmos knows where its position is when it begins its dash.
Is that a drawback? I want to see my target got destroyed quickly with a single shot. I think brahmos can do it.

@ashok321 I want a simple straightforward answer, weather Brahmos antiship missile example is capable to hit a moving target?

With additional assistance, yes.
Alternatively, the BrahMos can be guided to a moving target such as a ship using inputs from Indian military satellites or through a data-link between the missile or friendly warships or maritime reconnaissance aircraft.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/with-brahmos-missile-air-force-can-hit-enemy-ship-in-minutes-1778799

Famous French CM Exocet, proven in Falkland war.
French Exocet.
Proven in Falkland war.
It is a defence forum,when you came up with such claims,you should produce a technical papers or at least even a news paper link. AFAIK only agm158c is the only missile under development will be having autonomous homing capability.

Back
Top Bottom