What's new

India successfully test fired Brahmos Missile from Su 30

My arguement has been posted over and over. Go look up how much of the jf17 you actually developed. Not going to derail the thread like you. And stop mumbling on repetitively.

Indians are rushing here cause its great news. Why are you here discussing india? Is it your obsession?
The JF-17 is indigenously manufactured in Pakistan. I do not know how much Pakistan contributed to the JF-17. Pakistan contributed 58% of the project I believe. Better than your Brahmos which is done by Russians 65%.

But the JF-17 is better than your Tejas trash. That is one thing for sure. ;).

Why is it hard for BrahMos to hit a moving target?

If the BrahMos has a mission to destroy the moving ship at 300 KM away, it will take about 6 minutes to reach it (800m/s), and by that time the target would have moved 5 KM away from it (30 knots per hour). So the BrahMos needs constant location feeding (mid-course data link enabled) of its target which is on the run or moving. And BrahMos is not equipped in its autonomous mode to reach that moving target on its own without any GPS co-ordinate feed through various means.

It has a terminal seeker, all antiship missiles have that. Bhramos was developed as an anti ship missile. Land attack version was developed a lot later.

More than that Bhramos launched can be launched in wolf pack configration. i.e. If 3 Bhramos are launched together in general direction of the targets, Each missile will lock on to a separate targets.
So that no missiles are wasted on the same target.

It has a terminal seeker, all antiship missiles have that. Bhramos was developed as an anti ship missile. Land attack version was developed a lot later.

More than that Bhramos can be launched in a wolf pack configration. i.e. If 3 Bhramos are launched together in general direction of the targets, Each missile will lock on to a separate targets.
So that no missiles are wasted.

Last edited:
India's Su 30mki is given a full-range assignment, from air supremacy to big bomb delivery. is it also capable of delivering atomic bombs or missiles?

BrahMos test-fired from Sukhoi: Why it is a big deal for Indian Air For

The only Indian input in brahmose is the seeker.

Seeker is Russian.
Not Indian.

temzaqaw.png

Last edited:
So far only one SU-30 MKI had been structurally strengthened to carry the 2.5 ton heavyweight on central pylon. The additional frames welded to MKI fuselage to make it stronger has permanently increased the jets weight and handling characteristics.
An MKI Carrying brahmos can only fly 1500 km, which is half the normal range of the jet.
So India now has the bullet but only one gun to fire it from.
The more jets they modify for Brahmos, the more impact it will have on overall performance of IAF.

So far only one SU-30 MKI had been structurally strengthened to carry the 2.5 ton heavyweight on central pylon

Not one but two. The other was in a standby mode.

And 2 squadrons of SU-30 MKI are waiting to be configured to be BrahMos compatible.

As far as PAF aircover is concerned, Pakistan airforce could not defend Pakistan naval ship, which were patrolling its territorial waters(12 NMs) from a missile fired from 30 Kms away by a boat. More than that, PAF could not even find the boats which had sunk their ships and end up attacking one its own naval vessels.

This a missile, which will be fired from 400kms away, If its target were Karachi, most likely from within Indian airspace. How will PAF provide aircover against Bhramos ALCM ?

That was a 1971 and a couple of years before that, the Israeli forces lost a destroyer to Egyptian missile boats in the exact same circumstances. So this either means that both Israeli and Pakistani forces were equally incompetent, or else it was a lucky shot both times. What was interesting was that, in conventional warfare that both forces possessed, India got blown out of the sky and got torpedoed on the seas.

Things have changed a lot since that time. Radar cover is improved and every warship of the PN has a CIWS. I don't see how the Brahmos will be a major problem. The SU-30 has the radar cross section of a 737 so it would be easy intercept. The Brahmos itself is 2.5-3.0 Ton weapon, which would present a much easier target to CIWS. If the Brahmos is fired against land targets, we can just launch the BABUR and Ra'ad cruise missiles.

It is hardly as simple as indians are led to believe.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Russia.. :cheers:

Actually, they tried to get the OEM to get it certified, but the Russians were asking for an arm and a leg. Had to do it themselves, the Sus had to extensively modified, in the aero India conference, if I remember correct, it had to split in two and strengthened. Pylon is the largest for any single fighter jet.

From decision to demonstration, poor India took 9 years = 2008 to 2017 to make it happen.
And paid nearly 100 crores to Russians.

Does it matter? it will fry your a.s.s that's all counts.
No it doesn't matter as long as the missile works.
Same way as our Babur and Raad, work and are deployed.
It matters not where the components came from.

Back
Top Bottom