What's new

India stolen Bangladesh intellectual rights over traditional Jamdani Sari

Status
Not open for further replies.
43941950.jpg

Thobe is a popular garment among Bd Muslims, especially among Hajji.

I wear it sometime during Jumma or Eid prayer.

Thub has taken over kabuli/paijama, men usually combine the shorter thobes with lungi, or that's what I've seen.

Are you guys going to petition for repeal of patent claim by India??

The first thing would be to implement the GI law and ensure its enforcement. Then we can appeal against the GI registration of India for Jamdani and other disputed products. As the article suggests, I guess India hasn't won the intellectual rights yet. So we don't have to appeal but only to send our GI registration to WTO with credible proves that will eventually discard India's registration of those products including Jamdani. Now, even if we lose the rights, we can still get the Jamdani made in the Dhaka belt as our intellectual property with a different name like "Dhakai Jamdani" as it is popularly known, however, there's little chance to lose the rights as per all the sources, Jamdani has its origin in Bangladesh.

The first thing would be to implement the GI law and ensure its enforcement. Then we can appeal against the GI registration of India for Jamdani and other disputed products. As the article suggests, I guess India hasn't won the intellectual rights yet. So we don't have to appeal but only to send our GI registration to WTO with credible proves that will eventually discard India's registration of those products including Jamdani. Now, even if we lose the rights, we can still get the Jamdani made in the Dhaka belt as our intellectual property with a different name like "Dhakai Jamdani" as it is popularly known, however, there's little chance to lose the rights as per all the sources, Jamdani has its origin in Bangladesh.

Awami League regime on behest of india did not enact the law or even taken steps to file claim in last 4-5 years. India is good to enjoy stolen rights so long india installed Awami League in power. Now, Bangladesh should definitely submit for "Dhakai Jamdani" IP right BUT that does not mean Bangladesh should not retain IP right on "Jamdani" first. Without right to "Jamdani" there is no "Dhakai Jamdani". Anyone, looking to use "Dhakai Jamdani" as an appeasing step to india and not claiming IP right to "Jamdani" itself, is falling for next layer of indian deception.

Awami League regime on behest of india did not enact the law or even taken steps to file claim in last 4-5 years. India is good to enjoy stolen rights so long india installed Awami League in power. Now, Bangladesh should definitely submit for "Dhakai Jamdani" IP right BUT that does not mean Bangladesh should not retain IP right on "Jamdani" first. Without right to "Jamdani" there is no "Dhakai Jamdani". Anyone, looking to use "Dhakai Jamdani" as an appeasing step to india and not claiming IP right to "Jamdani" itself, is falling for next layer of indian deception.

India hasn't won the rights yet as the article says, "once India can establish the rights". So we should first submit our registration for Jamdani as whole.

By reading your post I think, you do not really get out of your urban house. There are at least twenty young housewives in my own family in the village. Most are the wives of my cousins and second cousins. Every one wears salwar-kameez and almost no one wears Saree.

Same is true with lungis. Very few of the young school-going boys wear them unless needed. Note that dress culture has been changing with the economic development and higher level earning. School girls as usual wear salwar-kameez.

Even more shameful. Salwar-Kameez is a Punjabi suit, and you know how Punjabis think of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom