What's new

India stolen Bangladesh intellectual rights over traditional Jamdani Sari

Status
Not open for further replies.
If
Well you can't change it to a Shiva Temple without taking Taj Mahal down. In that case Taj Mahal will cease to exist. The problem is no will visit India as a consequence, as the Taj Mahal is the primary reason foreign tourist visit India.

Maybe they will go to bongla desh instead. The civilized will find it very enlightening to see others eat with their hands. Good tourism dollars there, m8.

If

Maybe they will go to bongla desh instead. The civilized will find it very enlightening to see others eat with their hands. Good tourism dollars there, m8.

Spending the money in Bangladesh instead of India sounds like a brilliant idea, you sir are a genius. Tourists will see people wearing Lungi eating shutki with their hands !!!

Spending the money in Bangladesh instead of India sounds like a brilliant idea, you sir are a genius. Tourists will see people wearing Lungi eating shutki with their hands !!!

Best of all they won't be shitting where they walk!!!!

CAUTION!! to Bangladeshi members. Indians are desperate to close the thread by deliberately polluting it. Please report indian trolls and please ignore them.

Duffer.Muslim is a person who practice Islam. There is nothing called Muslim nation.
And I really did not understand the rest.you do know that Arab culture as you say it,is admixtures of different cultures of all of Arab world. Which by the way your forefathers ( if from this subcontinent) followed.
The language that india use is also from that world if not same.
Blasphemous? For what? Moron.....
The world is round and did not created in 3/5 days.and first sun then world.the bible says the other way.
  • I still don't understand what you tried to say..

Why,when did AL zakir became our father of the nation. Its his personal choice.Pope wears a thobe.what does it mean? Pope is an arab?:haha:

You should mind yours,next time I see a direct accusation against Bangladeshi about mythical indian propaganda about poll vaulting to your shit hole.you will be reported.
And know thy history. You helped in minor way.took credit in major way.
Only Brits could keep india under its thumb from thousands of miles away.Pakistan couldn't do it.Even they knows it.
TUI TO KON CHAAR....
you should ask about it with BF ... they will explain about pole vaulters. .. cheddi batch. .

CAUTION!! to Bangladeshi members. Indians are desperate to close the thread by deliberately polluting it. Please report indian trolls and please ignore them.
I whole heartedly agree, trolls should not be allowed to pollute the sanctity of this very important thread.

Thank you for your views.

How do you say that Basmati grows only in pakistan ? Basmati existed well before even the thought of Pakistan was even conceived.

If for instance it was grown in Dehra Doon , it may have been grown also in what now is Pakistan or vice versa,

It is also possible that it may have originated centuries ago in an area which is now known as Pakistan but since it is also grown in India so if India had it patented while Pakistan did not then its Pk who is to be blamed for being a slow starter not India.

Next, as regards the point of not beating you ' face to face' as you put it. Did Niazi surrender by post or did he hand over his pistol ' face to face' once he was defeated ?

well thanks to remind me of the history, those factors every one knew. but plz check again in your archives may be wat happened in the year of 1996. if u dint, then i can. Few of the Farmers along with their association of Indian Punjab Farmers visited the agricultural Exhibition held in Pakistani Punjab ... and they took quantity of Basmati rice Seeds.. and after that they started research on that type of rice, but dint get the nearest to the one Pakistan making... so they took another deceptive tool to buy some quantity of Basmati rice from Pakistan and register its Patent as Indian Patent by 2000 ... but i accept that it's also slow snail's Movement by Pak's then Government to took any action before and after that...

and regarding your second point, that was not face to face, as you helped Mukhti Bahni, and other freedon fighting in East Pakista (Now Bangladesh) , and before any thing happened or war, your big numbers of Armed forces intruded in that area and was in the mascots of mukti bahni's figters., as you are doing same in Baluchistan and Fata regions (under mascots of BLA, BRA, TTP etc). your own Generals of that time said that and wrote in his book... so later on , the communication lines and traveling routes were destroyed by Indian forces, because Pakistan was caught in sudden war, and also their were a lot of Mistakes from Bhutto's government.

well thanks to remind me of the history, those factors every one knew. but plz check again in your archives may be wat happened in the year of 1996. if u dint, then i can. Few of the Farmers along with their association of Indian Punjab Farmers visited the agricultural Exhibition held in Pakistani Punjab ... and they took quantity of Basmati rice Seeds.. and after that they started research on that type of rice, but dint get the nearest to the one Pakistan making... so they took another deceptive tool to buy some quantity of Basmati rice from Pakistan and register its Patent as Indian Patent by 2000 ... but i accept that it's also slow snail's Movement by Pak's then Government to took any action before and after that...

and regarding your second point, that was not face to face, as you helped Mukhti Bahni, and other freedon fighting in East Pakista (Now Bangladesh) , and before any thing happened or war, your big numbers of Armed forces intruded in that area and was in the mascots of mukti bahni's figters., as you are doing same in Baluchistan and Fata regions (under mascots of BLA, BRA, TTP etc). your own Generals of that time said that and wrote in his book... so later on , the communication lines and traveling routes were destroyed by Indian forces, because Pakistan was caught in sudden war, and also their were a lot of Mistakes from Bhutto's government.

Can I have a link to this claim about Indian Farmers.. etc.

We have been growing Basmati on my farm for generations.

On the next point, Pakistan was not caught in a sudden war. Pak launched pre emptive air strikes on 3rd Dec which began the war.

I dont want to dwell on this any further as it would off topic.

@t_for_talli so Babri Mosque also built by Muslims.. y u demolished it..

@thirdeye read your history, and if you producing it right now also, their is a lot of difference. as if you ask to a person who know or ate original Pakistani Basmati then they will never go for Indian Basmati,,, and same what happened with Pakistani Denim , cotton and other ready made.. they have much more demand in GCC, EU ets and hence selling expensive than Indian, Bangladeshi, Chinese and Thailand's materials...

Jamdani originated in Dhaka: Study

Dhaka, June 18 (UNB) – Jamdani, the only surviving variety of the world renowned ‘Muslin’ from the ancient period, originated in Dhaka while the ecological context of production of cotton and finished Jamadni products are unique in the Dhaka region, a study finds.

Considering all the historical, geographical, commercial and cultural contexts of Jamdani, the study suggests that Dhaka was and still is its only true centre of production.

Researcher Dr Iftekhar Iqbal, a teacher of history at the Dhaka University, unveiled the findings of his study, titled ‘Protection of Jamdani as a Geographical Indication in Bangladesh’, at a discussion on Tuesday.

Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD) and the National Crafts Council of Bangladesh (NCCB) jointly organised the discussion on protecting geographical indication products in the context of Bangladesh and way forward at Cirdap auditorium in the city.

India registered Jamdani as Uppada Jamdani Sarees from Andhra Pradesh in 2009. However, the study shows that there is no combination of geographical, ecological, historical or commercial conditions elsewhere in the world except Dhaka where Jamdani can be produced and traded on a vast scale, both nationally and internationally.

The brand name of Jamdani was first applied around mid-16th century or perhaps earlier.

Showing historical and cultural evidences, the study claims that Jamdani has formed part of national culture and heritage of Bangladesh and such long-term cultural and historical continuity of Jamdani is not matched anywhere else in the world.

Jamdani’s irrefutable connection with Dhaka is also clearly reflected in many global trade and exhibitions in both historical and contemporary times.

Dr Iftekhar Iqbal said Jamdani has to be a unique name, whose geographical location indicator must be Dhaka, not Dhakai Jamdani.

“In other words, Dhaka and Jamdani are synonymous, hence India’s registration of Uppada Jamdani under its geographical indication law is illegal and a violation of existing Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS) regulation,” he said.

The researcher said Bangladesh has already introduced the Geographical Indicative Products (Registration and Protection) Act 2013 and the global community has recognised Jamdani as Bangladesh’s own product.

He urged the government and international trade organisations to take effective measures to restore Jamdani as Dhaka’s own product and heritage.

UNESCO has recently recognised Jamdani as a Bangladeshi ‘intangible cultural heritage of humanity’.

CPD’s distinguished fellow and noted economist Dr Debapriya Bhattacharya, chairperson of Ain o Shalish Kendra Dr Hamida Hossain and Barrister Sarwat Siraj Shukla, among others, spoke at the discussion.

- See more at: Jamdani originated in Dhaka: Study | UNB Connect

Jamdani originated in Dhaka: Study | UNB Connect

Jamdani may be Bangladeshi but since Bangladesh is a COLONIAL part of India so Jamdani is India, Hence Proved!!! :enjoy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom