What's new

India spanks USA over diplomat arrest issue !

the sad part is that I know and hopefully you know too that Americans as a general rule are very polite and far better and the immigration staff at the airports doesnt represent their society.
what they dont is third rate, maybe those bigots mistook her for a Pakistani (what do they know eh we are all the same)

we have suffered even worse than some of indignation your diplomats have suffered on their airports but still I dont hold any ill will towards the Americans because I know that the actions fo their governments and some low life staff doesnt really represent the real Americans

@Irfan Baloch; this is not about Immigration. I have encountered TSA agents at airports; good,bad or ugly as those minions may have been.
This is about the arrest and how it was executed. None of has been arrested by Amreekans yet, I assume. It seems to be a less than dignified experience as we can see. Regardless of anything; even the alleged crime.

that might not happen, they are too proud to do that but they are shaken enough to say something which will show that they will be careful next time.

Indian public in general is polite and friendly but the staff at some of the airports lask basic social skills and gets sick pleasure by insulting travellers .
Sir whilst I admire the stance India has taken, I feel this is more for local consumption rather than genuine outrage.

U.S. seeks to defuse spat with India

This is not over yet!! stay tuned for more.

It should have been done quite simply.

Just arrest one U.S. embassy diplomat around the same level as the indian female diplomat arrested from one of the U.S. embassies in India, accuse him/her of similar crime or whatever crime you want to accuse him/her, and at last strip-search him/her.

It is just tic-tac move. If U.S. stops accusing yours, you stop accusing its. If not, just move them at the same time.

If U.S. calls upon your ambassador, you call its.

You get it even in the end.

it is not just removing security barrier. read on

1. India seeks salary details of Indian staff employed in American consulates, including those working as domestic help at the homes of US diplomats in India. It seeks visa and salary details of teachers at US schools in India to check if they are paying tax or not.

2. Police lift barricades outside US embassy in Delhi. India stops import clearances for embassy.

3. External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid says, "It is completely unacceptable... We have put in motion what we believe will be an effective way to address this issue and protect her dignity... Everything that can be done, will be done."

5. Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha says: "The media has reported that we have issued visas to a number of US diplomats' companions. Companions means they are of the same sex. After the Supreme Court ruling, it is illegal in our country, just as paying fewer wages is illegal in the US. So why doesn't India arrest all of them?"

6. Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi and Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde refuses to meet a visiting US Congressional delegation. BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi says he too has refused to meet the delegation.

7. Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar and National Security Advisor Shiv Shankar Menon cancelled meetings in Delhi with US delegation. Menon terms Khobragade's treatment "despicable and barbaric".

8. India claims the US has violated the Vienna Convention. As per the convention, Indian Deputy Consul General enjoys immunity from jurisdiction of US courts.

9. Foreign secretary Sujatha Singh summons US ambassador Nancy Powell, lodges protest over "unacceptable treatment" meted out to its senior consular officer.

BS; you are out of your depth here, sorry to say that......
I can say more, but leave it.

Sir jee, why take that tone with me? You feel i don't read enough newspapers from across the border or I am enjoying a woman being man handled?

you are out of your depth here

:disagree: just because I question the motives of your government, you have declared me to be out of "my depth" wa, thank you sir jee. Thank you.

It should have been done quite simply.

Just arrest one U.S. embassy diplomat around the same level as the indian female diplomat arrested from one of the U.S. embassies in India, accuse him/her of similar crime or whatever crime you want to accuse him/her, and at last strip-search him/her.

It is just tic-tac move. If U.S. stops accusing yours, you stop accusing its. If not, just move them at the same time.

If U.S. calls upon your ambassador, you call its.

You get it even in the end.

That is off course a usual and old fashioned way.

But in case of India, there is a huge pro-West industrial/business lobby. This lobby gives money to both Congress and BJP the largest two parties.

As a result, the lobby indirectly controls India's policies towards USA.

peace

Sir jee, why take that tone with me? You feel i don't read enough newspapers from across the border or I am enjoying a woman being man handled?

:disagree: just because I question the motives of your government, you have declared me to be out of "my depth" wa, thank you sir jee. Thank you.

Dekhiya jee; this issue is not confined to the Govt. alone now. The issue has snow-balled simply because of the mode of arrest and indignity heaped upon the woman concerned. If that had not happened; and if the Govt. of India had simply raised the ante simpy because she had been accused, then your surmise would have been very valid and I would not have any grounds to write what I have.

Let us not overlook that there is another woman too; on whose allegations the whole thing took off. I do no wish to overlook her either. Neither can the Govt. of India do that. The whole gross mishandling by the American Official Estt. (out of chracteristic arrogance) has led to the stand-off. If GOTUS had handled the mater with even the slightest modicum of sense, then GoI would have had to remain silent. And I do not speak for the Govt. in any case.

It should have been done quite simply. Just arrest one U.S. embassy diplomat around the same level as the indian female diplomat arrested from one of the U.S. embassies in India, accuse him/her of similar crime or whatever crime you want to accuse him/her, and at last strip-search him/her. It is just tic-tac move.
I believe the phrase you're looking for is, "tit-for-tat". Arbitrary arrest is not a tit-for-tat move, as the arrest of the deputy consul wasn't arbitrary.

Dekhiya jee; this issue is not confined to the Govt. alone now. The issue has snow-balled simply because of the mode of arrest and indignity heaped upon the woman concerned. If that had not happened; and if the Govt. of India had simply raised the ante simpy because she had been accused, then your surmise would have been very valid and I would not have any grounds to write what I have.

Let us not overlook that there is another woman too; on whose allegations the whole thing took off. I do no wish to overlook her either. Neither can the Govt. of India do that. The whole gross mishandling by the American Official Estt. (out of chracteristic arrogance) has led to the stand-off. If GOTUS had handled with even the slightest modicum of sense, then GoI would have had to remain silent. And I do not speak for the Govt. in any case.

Bahi, I am well aware of that case. That is why i mentioned "VIP" culture in the second thread:
U.S. seeks to defuse spat with India

The problem is three pronged:
1. The diplomat concerned should have just hired a local nanny, or sought clarification from her post regarding hiring and payment of such individual staff. Secondly she should have checked the legal terms of reference for hiring us staff, law mey to phir employer he phasta hain.... Sad but true...

2. Jab ap khud darwaza kholo gey to Kutta ander ghus key chak to katey ga.... We let them abuse our labor for cheap wages to meet "economies of scale" so they do feel they have a "leg up" on us "morally" although their "moral compass" is just as miscalibrated as ours the poor "third world".

If GOTUS had handled with even the slightest modicum of sense
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

If you expect commonsense from the American's, then you expect too much in my opinion.

But in case of India, there is a huge pro-West industrial/business lobby. This lobby gives money to both Congress and BJP the largest two parties.

peace

:lol:

That's a laughable post.

The answer lies in - we are not Pakistan.

I believe the phrase you're looking for is, "tit-for-tat". Arbitrary arrest is not a tit-for-tat move, as the arrest of the deputy consul wasn't arbitrary.

I agree it was not arbitrary but it was a planned conspiracy.

peace
very primitive analysis ,do you know combined strength of registered members of both parties exceeds your population.?

I think you should not speak such a Bara Bol because not just the Yanks but the whole wide world knows how much dignity Pakistan has and it has seen that dignity in Dr. Aafia case, Raymond Davis case, Salala case and I can go on and on.

Daughter sellers have no right to pass jibes at others.

Comparing a self-declared terrorist Afia with a diplomat is just laughable Islamist diatribe.

peace

Works both ways Fauji, Indian lobby is almost as strong if not stronger in US. Read up Microsoft , FB and Google petitions to US congress. Thats not even including the defense lobby that wants to have good ties with India. They will want to resolve this asap.

Works both ways Fauji, Indian lobby is almost as strong if not stronger in US. Read up Microsoft , FB and Google petitions to US congress. Thats not even including the defense lobby that wants to have good ties with India. They will want to resolve this asap.

That's true.

Let's see if this lobby shows up protesting in front of NY police HQ or does the protest in front of state department.

Back
Top Bottom