What's new

India should offer the Maldives statehood within our Union, says M P Anil

Do u think Nepal will quietly accept us? They have been a fiercely independent country buddy. As so Bhutan.

We can take any steps only if they ask . If we ourself ask, then they will think as a bully.

But Mauritius is a good choice. More than half are Indian Origin and we are their major providers of defence needs along with Tax Free investment nation.

As for Maldives, Nasheed must become president again. We dont know for sure if majority of Maldivian population are extremist.

Bhutan is more likely to join India, Nepal and Bhutan can join Indian Union with conditional agreements.

The above scenario is a possible one.

Nepal said it wants to join Indian Union right after Independence.:enjoy:

Forget Maldives, they will be under sea too soon, but i personally think we should consider this Offer for Nepal and Bhutan for sure!!

Nepal is already 80.6 % Hindu Majority county,even more then India and Only Declared 'Hindu Nation" on this earth. and Bhutan is also like our brother country, we should offer Bhutan to join in our 7 sister states in North East.

Think about strategic location and choke point it offers to India. India can build infrastructure to counter ocean like Dutch.
Chinese can be nullified.

Indian%20Ocean.jpg

I am sure the fear China would be feeling would make the world tremble...

Any evidence that this is a possible option? Rather than invasion what other means could be used to achieve this?

No to maldives .

Yes to Nepal , Bhutan and Mauritius if any of them are interested.

I'm sure they will listen to you.

Nepal claims Sikkim, Darjeeling and a number of regions taken from them by the British. They feel the Gurkha is a part of their culture stolen by the Indians and being paraded as their own. The problem often becomes very clear with 2 different types of nations-one an amalgamation of ethnic groups, the other built around the best interests of one ethnic group or in this case Nepali nationalism. Lets say the ethnic group is also present in the country which is an amalgamation of ethnic groups... a great deal of problems arise in this case.

Notable cases studies can be Pakistan and Afghanistan, Iran and Azerbaijan and I can bring several cases in Africa where war has resulted from tribal differences between nations.

@t Indians. What statistics have been collected that prove that the Maldives have any interest in joining India? Or is this greed or pride talking? What does India have to offer Maldives? Plus they speak a unique language and have a unique culture and are an ideal tourist location with their own government. What makes someone believe that they want Hindi as the official language and want to come over to Indian rule. They have a gdp per capita atleast 2.5 times as high as India. Anyone can dream... but nations do not disappear very easily in the 21st century.

Any evidence that this is a possible option? Rather than invasion what other means could be used to achieve this?

Simple lot of migrations are happening to India and ocean rise within 50 years will make these Islands under sea.
Marutious have lot of links to India and their president has origins in India state Bihar.

It is not fear china rather Kick China out of Indian ocean.

Say no to Wahabi ! I do not want to hear about another sharia4India in my lifetime.

Simple lot of migrations are happening to India and ocean rise within 50 years will make these Islands under sea.
Maldives have lot of links to India and their president has origins in India state Bihar.

It is not fear china rather Kick China out of Indian ocean.

You are talking about Mauritius..

Bhutan is more likely to join India, Nepal and Bhutan can join Indian Union with conditional agreements.

The above scenario is a possible one.

Nepal said it wants to join Indian Union right after Independence.:enjoy:

That was independence. Lot of bad blood have flowed in between. Nehru didnt have the senses to accept them at that time.
Past is past. Its not possible now.

Oh dear. What an absurd suggestion, at a time when Delhi-Male relations are at their lowest for decades, radicalism is going up and the Maldives is jumping more and more into bed with China this news comes out? It was mere weeks back that Indians were expelled from the Maldives was it not?

Closer ties would be great but to be part of the union? No need.

let the Indian union take care of its own internal territory first ... pataa nahin ye log kaise kaise saddme vaale sappne dekhte hein

india created a big mistake by having loads of small countries around it.....maldives,srilanka,bangladesh,nepal,bhutan......look at china they only have taiwan....even our government is alligned towards beijing and dont recognise taiwan....when chinese are helping pakistanis with ease and building them and offering them everything....we should start doing something in the SCS just like oil drilling in vietnam....

India is expanding!! What will happen to the small countries in SAARC?

I feel good that I thought SAARC is an worthless concept long time ago. I believe in individual relations with countries with similar interest in S.Asia. Like BD with PK, SL and CN individually.

I'm sure they will listen to you.

Nepal claims Sikkim, Darjeeling and a number of regions taken from them by the British. They feel the Gurkha is a part of their culture stolen by the Indians and being paraded as their own. The problem often becomes very clear with 2 different types of nations-one an amalgamation of ethnic groups, the other built around the best interests of one ethnic group or in this case Nepali nationalism. Lets say the ethnic group is also present in the country which is an amalgamation of ethnic groups... a great deal of problems arise in this case.

Notable cases studies can be Pakistan and Afghanistan, Iran and Azerbaijan and I can bring several cases in Africa where war has resulted from tribal differences between nations.

@t Indians. What statistics have been collected that prove that the Maldives have any interest in joining India? Or is this greed or pride talking? What does India have to offer Maldives? Plus they speak a unique language and have a unique culture and are an ideal tourist location with their own government. What makes someone believe that they want Hindi as the official language and want to come over to Indian rule. They have a gdp per capita atleast 2.5 times as high as India. Anyone can dream... but nations do not disappear very easily in the 21st century.

There is no harm in making any offer ,is there ? Although for various reasons even i don't want maldives to be made such an offer.

As far as Nepal is concerned , they officially don't claim those regions . Neither do those regions of India want to be a part of Nepal , you are talking about some ultra-nationalist fringes of Nepali society .But i agree, the Nepalese are too proud of their independent history and won't approve of becoming a part of the Indian union , at least not in the next 50-100 years.

Yet no harm in offering to Nepal , Bhutan and Mauritius. Even if they say no , we don't lose anything.

Back
Top Bottom