What's new

India should offer the Maldives statehood within our Union, says M P Anil

Nepal, Bhutan & India are for all intents and purposes a single country already..no borders, population can move freely on both sides and Indian currency is legal tender in both countries.

So
bplease.png

It is not Akhand Bharat, rather call it denying space to Chinese to counter India in South Asia and IOR.

How long before you go to BDesh, Nepal, Bhutan and Sri Lanka with the same offer?

I get the feeling you're about to make another enemy in SA.

Simple lot of migrations are happening to India and ocean rise within 50 years will make these Islands under sea.
Maldives have lot of links to India and their president has origins in India state Bihar.

It is not fear china rather Kick China out of Indian ocean.

Nationhood is not something lost in moments or with an unfortunate event such as rising sea-levels submerging a large number of Maldivian islands.

There are alternatives too and they can build dykes or build on highland. As far as what the Maldivians plan to do in case all else fails is buy land from someone-like we bought Gwadar from Oman or move population to already existing islands like Fua Malaku which is relatively higher-though no one really wants to move. Its not really the end of the world for the Maldives here.

There is a strongly held belief that a lot of it is scare-mongering among Maldivians.

Now who told this to you ? :lol:

BTW do you know the legend of the origin of the Gorkhas ?

Nepalis...
Like these guys:

Nepal's claim over the territories ceded under the Sugauli Treaty is not other than what international laws allow in particular the annexation of areas like Darjeeling- Sikkim-Siliguri and Jalpaiguri which are under Indian Governance; make the border of Nepal meet with that of Bangladesh and Bhutan freeing Nepal for ever from the domination of India, which will have a positive impact on the power equation of the South Asia region itself. If mutual relationship between the concept of Greater Nepal and the North-Eastern States, which are fighting for Free State, can be struck, this movement can take real shape and at the same time this will aspire freedom fighters including that of Kashmir, weakening India. A weakened India will be to the interest of the South Asian region, otherwise the freedom and stability of countries in this region will ever remain threatened.

About Greater Nepal | greaternepal.org

I fear I do not know about the origins of the Gurkha's not being from the regions personally. Btw didn't you know Maldives is Muslim? You can't tolerate one Owaisi how will you tolerate Shaheem ali Saeed?

There is no harm in making any offer ,is there ? Although for various reasons even i don't want maldives to be made such an offer.

As far as Nepal is concerned , they officially don't claim those regions . Neither do those regions of India want to be a part of Nepal , you are talking about some ultra-nationalist fringes of Nepali society .But i agree, the Nepalese are too proud of their independent history and won't approve of becoming a part of the Indian union , at least not in the next 50-100 years.

Yet no harm in offering to Nepal , Bhutan and Mauritius. Even if they say no , we don't lose anything.

The last time a country offered another country to merge with it or claimed the territory of an ethnic group within it led to a war that may have resulted in 20000-30000 deaths. They say no... but they will be pretty suspicious of Indian intentions thereafter. Do so if you wish.

Nationhood is not something lost in moments or with an unfortunate event such as rising sea-levels submerging a large number of Maldivian islands.

There are alternatives too and they can build dykes or build on highland. As far as what the Maldivians plan to do in case all else fails is buy land from someone-like we bought Gwadar from Oman or move population to already existing islands like Fua Malaku which is relatively higher-though no one really wants to move. Its not really the end of the world for the Maldives here.

There is a strongly held belief that a lot of it is scare-mongering among Maldivians.

Nepalis...
Like these guys:

About Greater Nepal | greaternepal.org

I fear I do not know about the origins of the Gurkha's not being from the regions personally. Btw didn't you know Maldives is Muslim? You can't tolerate one Owaisi how will you tolerate Shaheem ali Saeed?

The last time a country offered another country to merge with it or claimed the territory of an ethnic group within it led to a war that may have resulted in 20000-30000 deaths. They say no... but they will be pretty suspicious of Indian intentions thereafter. Do so if you wish.

GreaterNepal.com :lol: as i said Ultra-nationalist fringes of Nepali society.

Nepalis...
Like these guys:

So one troll makes one comment on an online anonymous forums and you decide that there is an international dispute between India and Nepal ? :crazy:

For every one troll like this there are hundred Nepali gorkhas serving in the Indian army as honorary citizens of India. So puhleez. The Pashtunistan forums are much much more credible than these "greater nepal" forums.

I fear I do not know about the origins of the Gurkha's not being from the regions personally.

Gorkhas claim their lineage from a hindu rajput warrior called Guru Goraknath from the hill regions of india who then moved to Nepal to establish a Kingdom...So their history is intertwined with both India and Nepal..

Back
Top Bottom