What's new

India should offer the Maldives statehood within our Union, says M P Anil

@haviZsultan Maldives is more dependent on India and Lot of these people are migrating to India, Maldives is also a big investor in India.

These guys are just less than 3.2 lakh which is equivalent to one district in India. India is involved in every department in Maldives and it is appropriate to Join India. Since off late there is lot of radicalization and is causing lot of problems to the elected Govt.

India on the other hand want to deny space for Chinese.

The best solution is Maldives joining Indian Union on conditional agreement.

The Diego Garcia base in IOR will be vacant as more and more US concentrate around China, So Indian navy will take care of security of IOR trading lines.

Last edited by a moderator:
So one troll makes one comment on an online anonymous forums and you decide that there is an international dispute between India and Nepal ? :crazy:

For every one troll like this there are hundred Nepali gorkhas serving in the Indian army as honorary citizens of India. So puhleez. The Pashtunistan forums are much much more credible than these "greater nepal" forums.

This is a mainstream Nepali Nationalist Party with thousands upon thousands of supporters which you don't know since you didn't visit the link-it is the official statement of this party about what it regards as its own land, the theory of Greater Nepal has been floating for 30+ years now. Proves that countries based on ethnicity and those that are an amalgamation of ethnic groups usually are incapable or find immense difficulty in establishing good relations and such disputes tend to hound them regularly. Case to note-many Bengalis claim east Bengal as well. It is basically the structure of a nation that comes into play here.

Now if you note Maldives is pretty much the same thing but since it doesn't share a real border with India-no issues. Its a country that speaks Dhivehi and the ethnic group that inhabits it is the Dhivehian ethnic group. This makes any such move-if seen from their eyes aggressive and inconsiderate. For a nation built on ethnic basis their issues and concerns go along the line the Pashtunistan guys do. So what they want more than anything is to maintain their language, their culture and their ways. In 1982 a dispute arose because they claimed Minicoy island, currently in possession of India. So what makes you think Maldivians are willing to give up their identity? Plus this is pure Indian emotionalism running wild here. Is it corroborated with a single strand of evidence that Maldivians want to merge with India? Is there a survey, any statistics available on the matter?

Another thing is they are Muslim. Being from Lucknow I know some of the issues that tend to arise at times, for example shooting a monkey that is a nuisance and is attacking people becomes difficult because we are insulting Hanuman jee when we do it according to RSS, Shiv Sena and others... celebrating bakra eid, a Islamic custom is difficult as cow slaughter is officially banned almost everywhere. I have told you about other issues as well which I have personally witnessed.

Owaisi raised these problems but people didn't see his frustration-instead just labelled him a traitor. I think this is growing Indian assertiveness and pride talking about taking over Maldives. Their are a lot of things that are considered before the merger of territories.

Gorkhas claim their lineage from a hindu rajput warrior called Guru Goraknath from the hill regions of india who then moved to Nepal to establish a Kingdom...So their history is intertwined with both India and Nepal..

In any case they are claiming these regions and from personal experience in my study of ethnic issues your claim will most likely be vehemently denied by a Nepali nationalist.

Since you have nothing useful to do other than being an e-warrior of mother India while there is every possibility that a rocket fired in native Tamil Nadu by TNLA can get you, you could post a link or some copy-pasted information about Guru Goraknath and his kingdom which may help increase knowledge of the matter for non-indian posters. Much appreciated.

No need
and such comments will create more trouble

No trouble mate if Malidives agree to join on conditional agreement. We are not trying to Invade. As far as India's IOR plan is concerned it is very clear that India want to make Indian ocean as India's ocean.

No trouble mate if Malidives agree to join on conditional agreement. We are not trying to Invade. As far as India's IOR plan is concerned it is very clear that India want to make Indian ocean as India's ocean.

agreement is okay, give them military give them all sort of advantage, but offering them a statehood idea is not good.

agreement is okay, give them military give them all sort of advantage, but offering them a statehood idea is not good.

If you do not take them as a state there is China which can give more aid than us and can build another pearl in its "string of pearls stratergy".

This is the only way to counter China and this is national security issue.

Now if you note Maldives is pretty much the same thing but since it doesn't share a real border with India-no issues. Its a country that speaks Dhivehi and the ethnic group that inhabits it is the Dhivehian ethnic group. This makes any such move-if seen from their eyes aggressive and inconsiderate. For a nation built on ethnic basis their issues and concerns go along the line the Pashtunistan guys do. So what they want more than anything is to maintain their language, their culture and their ways. In 1982 a dispute arose because they claimed Minicoy island, currently in possession of India. So what makes you think Maldivians are willing to give up their identity? Plus this is pure Indian emotionalism running wild here. Is it corroborated with a single strand of evidence that Maldivians want to merge with India? Is there a survey, any statistics available on the matter?

Things will be done in India in a democratic way just like US is doing in case of Puerta Rico.

These Islands like cuba which became a security threat for US during cold war time.

Let's keep it real. Nepal or Bhutan becoming a part of the Indian Union is far from reality at present. 1945ish India had a chance but nowadays seeing CHinese rise and influence, it will be extremely tought to counter. Does anyone know the ground situation in Nepal? Many Nepalis I know in the US, have jaded animosity towards India. I never understood why but I am starting to realize our govt has made blunder after blunder. No vision. What do you expect when criminals and idiots run our govt. Maldives while it does provide a strategic choke point, its population extremist slant is worrying. Very worrying. ISI and Chinese intel has already settled and developed resources on the Islands, so if we bring them over, we will be enabling them also. What bothers me, is where were the strategic thinkers? Anyone with half a brain around 1945 would have seen potential for these Islands. Maybe I shouldn;t blame them but the politicans. Someone of Sardar Patel's caliber would have changed the course of India, too bad we as Indian voters never had the foresight to see that. Now that we have Modi and Rahul, its so obvious who is better for India. People change and we can forgive, so why not Modi?

Anyhow rather absorbing a population whose loyalty is highly questionable....I am more interested in creating artificial islands something the Japanese have done. This could serve a better purpose without any strings attached.

This is a mainstream Nepali Nationalist Party with thousands upon thousands of supporters which you don't know since you didn't visit the link-it is the official statement of this party about what it regards as its own land, the theory of Greater Nepal has been floating for 30+ years now. Proves that countries based on ethnicity and those that are an amalgamation of ethnic groups usually are incapable or find immense difficulty in establishing good relations and such disputes tend to hound them regularly. Case to note-many Bengalis claim east Bengal as well. It is basically the structure of a nation that comes into play here.

Another thing is they are Muslim. Being from Lucknow I know some of the issues that tend to arise at times, for example shooting a monkey that is a nuisance and is attacking people becomes difficult because we are insulting Hanuman jee when we do it according to RSS, Shiv Sena and others... celebrating bakra eid, a Islamic custom is difficult as cow slaughter is officially banned almost everywhere. I have told you about other issues as well which I have personally witnessed.

Owaisi raised these problems but people didn't see his frustration-instead just labelled him a traitor. I think this is growing Indian assertiveness and pride talking about taking over Maldives. Their are a lot of things that are considered before the merger of territories.

In any case they are claiming these regions and from personal experience in my study of ethnic issues your claim will most likely be vehemently denied by a Nepali nationalist.

tl;dr. I repeat India and Nepal have no territorial claims, Nepalis can freely move into India, work enjoy all priviledges as Indian citizens except perhaps voting..we can do the same in nepal..our currency is legal tender there. Our Army chief is their Honorary army chief and their army chief is a honorary indian army general. Hinduism is the majority religion there as is here. So save your "essays" for some one who actually cares to read them. Until then these three lines symbolize the brotherly relations between India and Nepal.

And if you were wondering I have met more Nepalis than you can imagine..lets not go there.

As for maldives I have made it clear..if maldivians come with maldives then its fine..else no deal. And no resettlement in mainland India. Ofcourse this is just a scenario.

Since you have nothing useful to do other than being an e-warrior of mother India while there is every possibility that a rocket fired in native Tamil Nadu by TNLA can get you, you could post a link or some copy-pasted information about Guru Goraknath and his kingdom which may help increase knowledge of the matter for non-indian posters. Much appreciated.

Hey moron im not the one writing 5-th standard english essays here studded with generalization of troll posts in online forums, identity crisis and insecurity. And rocket fired in Tamil Nadu in your wet dreams. This single line shows your so called credilbity. What you think Tamil nadu is some Pakistani province or state where ethnicity is at the throats of another with suicide bombings and stuff..you want me to go into the number of terrorist attacks in ur pak "sarzammen", the number of mard-e-momins killed with that in TN ?

If you do not take them as a state there is China which can give more aid than us and can build another pearl in its "string of pearls stratergy".

This is the only way to counter China and this is national security issue.

Iam sure that this offer will be rejected , religion will be one cause and secondly the Presidentship of the leader. Restriction of religion freedom is not going soon.

I am sure the fear China would be feeling would make the world tremble...

Any evidence that this is a possible option? Rather than invasion what other means could be used to achieve this?

I'm sure they will listen to you.

Nepal claims Sikkim, Darjeeling and a number of regions taken from them by the British. They feel the Gurkha is a part of their culture stolen by the Indians and being paraded as their own. The problem often becomes very clear with 2 different types of nations-one an amalgamation of ethnic groups, the other built around the best interests of one ethnic group or in this case Nepali nationalism. Lets say the ethnic group is also present in the country which is an amalgamation of ethnic groups... a great deal of problems arise in this case.

Notable cases studies can be Pakistan and Afghanistan, Iran and Azerbaijan and I can bring several cases in Africa where war has resulted from tribal differences between nations.

@t Indians. What statistics have been collected that prove that the Maldives have any interest in joining India? Or is this greed or pride talking? What does India have to offer Maldives? Plus they speak a unique language and have a unique culture and are an ideal tourist location with their own government. What makes someone believe that they want Hindi as the official language and want to come over to Indian rule. They have a gdp per capita atleast 2.5 times as high as India. Anyone can dream... but nations do not disappear very easily in the 21st century.

Maybe you should educate yourself. Chittor Rajputs from Rajasthan built an Unified Nepal. Rajputs.....you got that?

What a wasteful discussion..We can not mobilize our own people and who ever existing withing our existing nation, and the author started talking about Maldavies.....Nepal is a test case for Indian foreign diplomacy is not effective. We always give execuse that due to most of the neighoring nation are Muslim nation, they are anti Indian but this is not the case with Nepal.

So the bottom line is that we have tighten our resource and influebce withing exsting set of resources and periphery...India does not have neither capacity nor potential to increase its sphere of influence ,with India's existing Political set up, beyond our physical boundaries..This is a hard but bitter truth.

Attapawi!!! TNLA, what the hell is this. :rofl::rofl:

Iam sure that this offer will be rejected , religion will be one cause and secondly the Presidentship of the leader.

That will be taken care by our South block and our foreign policy bureaucratic department.

That will be taken care by our South block and our foreign policy bureaucratic department.

but there is restriction of religious freedom under their article 10. Change in constitution is first step which itself will take 4-7 years.

but there is restriction of religious freedom under their article 10. Change in constitution is first step which itself will take 4-7 years.

These mergers will take place on conditional agreements, may some special status will be granted.

These mergers will take place on conditional agreements, may some special status will be granted.

no the conditional agreements are weak documents and can be disobeyed, India does not want that situation at all. The merges should be accepted by the member of Parliaments in the constitution of a country if you want to bring a country closer to you and, so that even government of that country cannot overrule it. The term acceptance here plays the main role.

Back
Top Bottom