What's new

India should offer the Maldives statehood within our Union, says M P Anil

Maldives would come back to their senses around 2030 or 2040 when the real ocean rising phenomenon actually starts too take place.
Then they would come to India. And if Nasheed wins the next elections, situation will be changed quickly. And its better to have present boundaries.
We dont need Nepal or Bhutan. Let them live and we will live. Status quo is enough.

Mauritius is a good choice though.

I actually think Mauritius would be a good candidate. The people are extremely conscious of their Indian roots and can be given the status of an autonomous territory or such with defence being taken care by us.

And yes, no to ANY plan that involved re-settling Maldivians in India..

I don't think ordinary folks of Maldives is against India except some brain washed wahhabis.
If Maldives, Bhutan and Nepal enter into Indian Union next will be Marutious and some military bases in Seychellies.

Indian ocean will become India's ocean from straits of malacca to East African coast.

I do believe there are natural resources around Maldives.

Without Maldives, Maldivians are not useful to us. Get the drift bro ;)

The drift? Was the pun intended? :P

Maldivians are migrating in hordes to India anyway. Might as well take over their land while it can serve some purpose.

@KS and @nick_indian How about Maldives without Wahhabi terror network and Pro Chinese terror network??

Almost their whole population is wahhabized..how would you de-wahhabize a wahhabized mind ? That is simply not possible. Actually truth be told they identify more with Arabs than with us Indians..they think they are the descendants of Arab sailors who used to cross Maldives enroute to their destinations in India and Indo-china..there is plenty of room for them in the arabian deserts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maldives would come back to their senses around 2030 or 2040 when the real ocean rising phenomenon actually starts too take place.
Then they would come to India. And if Nasheed wins the next elections, situation will be changed quickly. And its better to have present boundaries.
We dont need Nepal or Bhutan. Let them live and we will live. Status quo is enough.

Mauritius is a good choice though.

We need Bhutan and Nepal, Nepal and Bhutan in Indian union will make Chinese one step back in south Asia. If Chinese needs to be countered then these states should be accepted as Indian states.

I don't think ordinary folks of Marutious is against India except some brain washed wahhabis.
If Maldives, Bhutan and Nepal enter into Indian Union next will be Marutious and some military bases in Seychellies.

Indian ocean will become India's ocean from straits of malacca to East African coast.

I do believe there are natural resources around Maldives.

You are confusing b. Mauritius and Maldives..Mauritius is good while Maldives is not so good.

You are confusing b. Mauritius and Maldives..Mauritius is good while Maldives is not so good.

Maldives is hardly 3.2 lakh population accepting it as an Indian state is not a problem but the strategic advantages it offers is enormous in Indian ocean.

Think about Diego Garcia and Choke points it offers vis-a-vis China.

Almost their whole population is wahhabized..how would you de-wahhabize a wahhabized mind ? That is simply not possible. Actually truth be told they identify more with Arabs than with us Indians..they think they are the descendants of Arab sailors who used to cross Maldives enroute to their destinations in India and Indo-china..there is plenty of room for them in the arabian deserts.

3.2 lakh population we can have some conditional agreements.

What an idiotic thing to say for an MP. Maldives is a sovereign country, I wonder what their people will think after hearing this.
If the request comes from maldives through their parliament, then there is a reason to get into this debate.(pros and cons of having as a state)

We need Bhutan and Nepal, Nepal and Bhutan in Indian union will make Chinese one step back in south Asia. If Chinese needs to be countered then these states should be accepted as Indian states.

Do u think Nepal will quietly accept us? They have been a fiercely independent country buddy. As so Bhutan.

We can take any steps only if they ask . If we ourself ask, then they will think as a bully.

But Mauritius is a good choice. More than half are Indian Origin and we are their major providers of defence needs along with Tax Free investment nation.

As for Maldives, Nasheed must become president again. We dont know for sure if majority of Maldivian population are extremist.

How long will the strategic advantage of having Maldives last when the country is inevitably going to go down in a few decades ?

Mauritius is a better choice.

Nepalis , I agree are a fiercely independent people and are not ready .But Bhutan could be possible keeping in mind , that we got Sikkim to join us.

Back
Top Bottom