What's new

India should become super power in sports also: Union Minister for Home Rajnath Singh

Pak never claimed to be a super power or sports king like indian idiots.

Before making false clains of being a super power. Pehlay toilets bana lo, for your poor countrymen, who are doing gobbar bazi every where

it is strange of you to say this because pakistani punjab treasures and keeps the pind da culture much better than india,whats wrong in doing hagga in a corner of the village,toilet mein sewage ground water se milta hain bhai,kya woh sahi hain?

@Indian Jatt I am fully aware of the situation of Mumbai suburban railway system and also Indian railway system in general. As a whole-hearted railway fan, I'm interested in any railway systems around the world, especially in Asia. But I prefer to focus on benefits of a railway system, even Mumbai railway is insanely dangerous, filthy and indecent...Laughing at those problems brings nothing good to us.

Good for you! I'll definitely travel to India if having a chance and I cannot wait to see 10-year plan's outcomes.

How to define middle class in India?
We have very strict criteria in China.
Even I take HSR/plane regularly and travel at least 2 times a year(at least 10 days for each, short 2-3 day excursions excluded) domestically and once abroad(Singapore, Australia, Maldive,etc) , and have a Xiaomi4 and an iPhone6, me and my family cannot be categorised as middle-class, just a too typical and ordinary well-off Chinese family.
well a typical middle class family in India is able to earn around rs.30000 thats around $500 monthly and in India 30000+ is considered a good income, people here in India too can afford a 10000-12000 rupees phone, as far as my family income.......my father was in Indian navy(wont reveal further)8-) and is ex service man, so he gets monthly pension as well as 7-8 liquor bottles :p: monthly......and at present is in merchant navy so if I add up all.......its around Rs 4,50,000 and that's a lot of money in India:-) and my elder sister to earns around 1,50,000.........and I'am the only son of the family:chilli:
i have a NOTE 3 and a lenovo laptop+ a gaming desktop and i have never been to abroad :hitwall:(never felt like going anywhere,but my father does:bunny: .......so that was a higher middle class explanation.......

Back to the topic, Olympics is one of the most popular universal events since its origination in ancient Greece as religious and athletic festivals, while modern days Olympics would be purely a festival for the best athletes on this planet to have games together.

1) Economic Factor. If we look at the results by countries, country groupings, there seems to be a correlation between economic size (take G20 as an example) and sporting results:
- in the 2008 Olympics, top 10 spots are all G20 countries
- in the 2012 Olympics, top 8 spots are all G20 countries
- in the top spots, 13 out of 30 are G20 countries
- in top 30 spots, we see smaller economies e.g. Hungary, Kazakhstan, Netherlands, Ukraine, New Zealand, Cuba, Iran, Jamaica, Czech Republic, North Korea, Spain, Ethiopia, Croatia, Belarus, Romania, Kenya, Denmark, Azerbaijan, Poland, Mongolia, Thailand​
While being a G20 member, India underperformed. The argument that it has low GDP per capita (lowest in G20, lower than Sub-Saharan African average) hence lack of investment isn't a sound one, as some countries like Kazakhstan, Jamaica, Ethiopia, Kenya and Azerbaijan can perform very well. Economic factor cannot explain India's underperformance in sports.

2) Political Factor. Some may argue that sporting of democratic countries cannot compete with state-administered sporting like the those from ex-communist camp. However the fact is that over-whelming number of countries in the Olympics are democratic, and those from ex-communist camp have also largely converted into market economy which includes sports (e.g. ad income for celebs). In the top 12 spots in 2012, 11 countries have same political system as India, they are (1) USA (3) UK (4) Russia (5) South Korea (6) Germany (7) France (8) Italy (9) Hungary (10) Australia (11) Japan.

3) Religious Factor. Muslim countries have special customs and practices, like some sports are confined to a certain gender, and that will naturally limit their participation in Olympics and hence medal tallies. Among G20 countries, Saudi Arabia and Indonesia are Muslim, while India isn't (majority of Indian population isn't Muslim). Hence religious factor also cannot explain India's underperformance in sports.
- G20 countries e.g. Turkey, Mexico, Argentina are in 30-40's, close to the 1st league as above.
- G20 countries e.g. India, Indonesia and Saudi Arabia are lower in the ranks.
- Indonesia and Saudi Arabia are Muslim countries.​

4) Better Brain Factor. There is an argument saying Indians are pro-academic instead of sports. However when comparing literacy, intelligence quotients, education, international examination scores, India also rank exceptionally low (e.g. IQ 81 ranked 60 out of 81 countries, PISA scores ranked 72~74 out of 74 countries). Hence better-brain factor isn't true and hence again cannot explain the underperformance in sports.

As none of these are true factors behind India's current sports performance, so what are the actual ones? We need to identify the reality behind in order to find out the solution for India's improvement in sports. Wish India can host the 2024 Olympics and perform!

I want to know why? It's unnormal for a big country get few mental, even less than North Korea

Last edited:
India doesn't use Olympic sports as a propaganda tool because India can't. Why? Because Indians really suck at Olympic sports.

If India truly cared about sending her athletes to compete internationally for ONLY competition sake, then why are the athletes treated so poorly?

LOL. India do not use sports propaganda because we find it useless and does not provide enough ROI. We consider it a Circus show and treat it as one.

India does NOT care about international competition. The athletes who take part do it out of their own enthusiasm. GoI just does not stop them from doing so.

No, CWG's opening ceremony wasn't a disaster. But CWG is not just about the opening ceremony.

opinion of 50 cent workers have no value. Now get lost.

it is strange of you to say this because pakistani punjab treasures and keeps the pind da culture much better than india,whats wrong in doing hagga in a corner of the village,toilet mein sewage ground water se milta hain bhai,kya woh sahi hain?
Tu khaait mae he ja baita

Most nonsense logic i have ever heard, to justify the lack of sanitation facility

well a typical middle class family in India is able to earn around rs.30000 thats around $500 monthly and in India 30000+ is considered a good income, people here in India too can afford a 10000-12000 rupees phone, as far as my family income.......my father was in Indian navy(wont reveal further)8-) and is ex service man, so he gets monthly pension as well as 7-8 liquor bottles :p: monthly......and at present is in merchant navy so if I add up all.......its around Rs 4,50,000 and that's a lot of money in India:-) and my elder sister to earns around 1,50,000.........and I'am the only son of the family:chilli:
i have a NOTE 3 and a lenovo laptop+ a gaming desktop and i have never been to abroad :hitwall:(never felt like going anywhere,but my father does:bunny: .......so that was a higher middle class explanation.......
Good for you!

Actually I am more into people's life than stupid politics. I have some Indians friends in China too.

Concerning my family, my dad is a university teacher, and my mum's factory got bankrupted years ago but she receives monthly compensation( no job, play with her friends outside everyday). After 50-year-old, she can receive retirement pension( my dad 60). Our family's income is a very standard well-off case, not good not bad. But since I am the only child, we are free to buy stuff. But still, I cannot call us middle-class, which in China is similar to American standards. At most, we are lower-middle class.

Happy to know u use Lenovo! I have one too and another MacBook(the benefit of being the only child! Haha!). And every one in my family have a iPad( my mum plays online mahjong). I use a Xiaomi4(2000yuan, 20000 rupee) and an iPhone6 (800 US dollar in HK). But my parents use worse smartphones, a 18000 rupees Samsung and an iPhone4s(600 US dollar) which was my last one.

We don't have a car, since we live in my dad's campus. And a metro station(20-60 rupees) is just 500 meters away and lots of bus lines(1-2rmb, 10-20 rupee) . And my family generally pay 300-500 rupees per day for food and fruits( I guess, maybe more maybe less). And we can save a lot for our trips and future.(we love traveling around the world)

Do u have any questions?(like Q&A, haha!)
Really like this sort of normal life information exchange as opposed to the above hatred and conceitedness.

Last edited:
Yes, learning English is one reason why Chinese come here
True. I find myself full of new words. Ever since college entrance examination, I have almost forgot English before being a member of PDF. I'm thankful for their perfect English!

Yes, learning English is one reason why Chinese come here
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1428257170.050947.jpg

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom