What's new

India should become super power in sports also: Union Minister for Home Rajnath Singh

Actually India was banned from Olympics participation

Dec 04, 2012
IOC bans India from Olympics - CBC Sports - Sporting news, opinion, scores, standings, schedules

But it's status has been restored now

I think you've nailed them all, I learn a lot of new words from your comments:lol:
View attachment 212247

The handwriting is good but it looks like wriiten by a girl

images

Sichuan Dance Company

Before the idea of being a superpower in international sports arena like the Olympics, does India dominate the CWG's which are only participated by UK and their ex-colonies?
@Shotgunner51 @Keel
I don't think my handwriting is girly, sometimes I cannot understand my own writing.:cry:
On topics
Isn't it that Cricket is popular in all major British colonies?

Before the idea of being a superpower in international sports arena like the Olympics, does India dominate the CWG's which are only participated by UK and their ex-colonies?

This is the Medal tally of the 2010 CWG games which took place in Delhi:-
Medals Tally | XIX Commonwealth Games 2010 Delhi
India came 2nd with 101 Medals & 38 golds

& This is the Medal tally of the 2014 CWG games which took place in Glasgow:-
Medal Table - Glasgow 2014 - Commonwealth Games - BBC Sport
India came 5th with 64 Medals & 15 golds.. But yes This was quite a disappointment & a drop in performance compared to even the 2006 games where we won 50 medals & 22 golds.

@Shotgunner51 @Keel
I don't think my handwriting is girly, sometimes I cannot understand my own writing.:cry:
On topics
Isn't it that Cricket is popular in all major British colonies?
TBH(To be Honest) I think your handwriting is pretty good :) .. I can say you have put a lot of effort in your attempt to learn(re-learn English).. I wish you luck in your efforts :)
P.S.:- I found 2 links which I think could be of some use to you. I hope they do turn out to be. :-
1)How to Speak English Well: 10 Simple Tips for Extraordinary Fluency | FluentU English
2)Learn Chinese online - Free Chinese lessons - Speak Chinese (English)

I apologize if you see this as interference in your efforts/personal lives.

& Yes cricket is popular in all the major British Colonies:- New Zealand,Australia,South Asia(it's very popular here :) ), South Africa, Zimbawe, the Carribean. It also has some popularity in Afghanistan,Ireland,Scotland & even some in the Netherlands, surprisingly

Actually India was banned from Olympics participation

Dec 04, 2012
IOC bans India from Olympics - CBC Sports - Sporting news, opinion, scores, standings, schedules

But it's status has been restored now

The handwriting is good but it looks like wriiten by a girl

images

Sichuan Dance Company
Yep we were banned because Lalit Bhanot-An accused in some of the 2010 CWG corruption cases got elected as the secretary general of the IOC[He used his power & influence to do so]. We had broken the IOC charter.

The IOC made it clear the ban would be revoked only when the Indian OA ensured that it had no office-bearer who faces corruption/criminal charges.

Such a move(of banning the IOA) was backed by many in india- ex athletes,many other sports administrators & even the Central Govt.

"The Indian government has backed the International Olympic Committee with Sports Minister Jitendra Singh saying he was disappointed that the Indian body had not modified its constitution. "It is really very unfortunate that some personal interests took precedence over the interests of the nation and interests of the sportspersons," Mr Singh said."

Thankfully later Bhanot resigned & we got re-admitted.
Olympic ban on India stays; government backs International Olympic Committee

Yes cricket is popular in all the major British Colonies:- New Zealand,Australia,South Asia(it's very popular here :) ), South Africa, Zimbawe, the Carribean. It also has some popularity in Afghanistan,Ireland,Scotland & even some in the Netherlands, surprisingly

Cricket is only followed fanatically in South Asia, Else where it's a minority sport, Except for maybe Australia where Cricket is the main summer sport, But by popularity it's behind Footy (AFL) Rugby League(NRL) and Rugby Union.. Rest of the commonwealth countries and those including Netherlands Cricket does not even figure in the top 3 .. Out side the commonwealth it's basically played by Indian and Pakistani expats..

Windies used to be a hotspot but now most people are interested in other sports

This is the Medal tally of the 2010 CWG games which took place in Delhi:-
Medals Tally | XIX Commonwealth Games 2010 Delhi
India came 2nd with 101 Medals & 38 golds

& This is the Medal tally of the 2014 CWG games which took place in Glasgow:-
Medal Table - Glasgow 2014 - Commonwealth Games - BBC Sport
India came 5th with 64 Medals & 15 golds.. But yes This was quite a disappointment & a drop in performance compared to even the 2006 games where we won 50 medals & 22 golds.

Thanks buddy. I suppose as a senior official the Union Master for Home should be well aware of these ground realities, so why he still made such kind of seemingly delusional statement to the public? I remember another similar speech was made by at-the-time president Kalam some year ago, is it because the public wants to hear it? Some unusual terms like "regional superpower", "knowledge superpower" and even "cricket superpower" are not rarely found even just on this forum, this phenomenon is beyond my understanding.

India to become superpower by 2012: Kalam

Last edited:
Thanks buddy. I suppose as a senior official the Union Master for Home should be well aware of these ground realities, so why he still made such kind of seemingly delusional statement to the public? I remember another similar speech was made by at-the-time president Kalam some year ago, is it because the public wants to hear it? Some unusual terms like "regional superpower", "knowledge superpower" and even "cricket superpower" are not rarely found even just on this forum, this phenomenon is beyond my understanding.

India to become superpower by 2012: Kalam

Maybe he meant bragging superpower. He didn't visit this forum the first day it was up. Otherwise, he would have known that India was already a bragging superpower. Didn't have to wait until 2012 to claim that title.

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom