What's new

India set to become $2 trillion economy in 2014: IMF

then it is even worse. there are multiple power centers in PLA and Xi Jinping is just one of them.

The CCP, of which the General Secretary is Xi Jinping,has absolute absolute absolute control over the PLA.

Xi Jinping is also the Chairman of the Central Military Commission and the President of the People's Republic of China。

Xi Jinping also serves as the Chairman of the National Security Committe,amongst others。

I can assure you that general secretary Xi's will is imposed on and obeyed by the last soldier。

You'd better shut up if you don't know how the Chinese state apparatus is operated。:D

I'm sorry last year (2013) when Pakistan changed the base year to 2006 Dr Sahab said they will change the base year in 2016! how? To what?

Your 2013/2014GDP is roughly $250bn with a base year of 2006 and your saying that by changing your GDP base year in 2 years you'll add at least $100bn.

Which nation calculates their "informal GDP" and how do you calculate "informal GDP"? India has massive "informal GDP" , Bangladesh has a massive "informal GDP"...

it was approved by a caretaker govt but the budget was approved by instead by the official govt of Nawaz sharif.and sorry we don't have any official words of it being changed by the new govt.

it was approved by a caretaker govt but the budget was approved by instead by the official govt of Nawaz sharif.and sorry we don't have any official words of it being changed by the new govt.
India is to change its base year as 2011-12 from current 2004-05 early next year as per new govt.

@damiendehorn

Damn,i just got the source confirming it being not changed since 2005-06 with the official words of the present finance minister of Pakistan

Base year for national accounts to change every 10 years: Dar
ISLAMABAD, Dec 11 (APP): Federal Minister for Finance, Economic Affairs Senator Mohammad Ishaq Dar Wednesday said government had decided to change the base year for national accounts after every ten years, and the next re-basing would be held in the financial year 2015-16.Highlighting the change of base years from time to time, the Minister said that the base year for the national account was changed in financial year 1980-81, then in the year 1999-2000 and the last base year was changed in the year 2005-06.He stated this while addressing a press conference here after presiding over the meeting of the Board of Directors of Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS).

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - Base year for national accounts to change every 10 years: Dar

End of discussion :D

NOTE:Since we have not changed base year since 2005-06.it is expected that the re-basing will add upto 150-180Billion dollars into Pakistan GDP(earlier estimate was 100Billion dollars because i thought we have changed it in 2011).
Possibly our GDP by 2016 will be 310-330Billion dollars,Rebasing will put it beyond 500Billion dollars

India is to change its base year as 2011-12 from current 2004-05 early next year as per new govt.

Indian GDP is much well documented as compared to Pakistan or Bangladesh.So even with 2trillion dollars,I doubt re-basing or year will hardly add more than 200Billion dollars to indian GDP

On the other hand,as per source's pakistani informal GDP is beyond 90% :D

Size of informal economy at 91.4 percent of GDP: study - thenews.com.pk

@farhan_9909 Our informal economy is more than 3/5th of our economy so yes It will have a great impact on our

The CCP, of which the General Secretary is Xi Jinping,has absolute absolute absolute control over the PLA.

Xi Jinping is also the Chairman of the Central Military Commission and the President of the People's Republic of China。

Xi Jinping also serves as the Chairman of the National Security Committe,amongst others。

I can assure you that general secretary Xi's will is imposed on and obeyed by the last soldier。

You'd better shut up if you don't know how the Chinese state apparatus is operated。:D

good..hope you are correct/.

our economy is so vulnerable to international issues... we should focus on more sectors. ..esp manufacturing!
Agreed,our previous govt has been very slow on that,i hope with many other reforms coming in we could push the Industrial sector share of our gdp to 25-30% in a decade, from 20% in '14. Indian markets are not that vunerable now as they were in 2008 & 11,but you neva know.

I am really happy that we are compared to China. That is a good benchmark. We should look ahead. the fact that china has reached these levels mean we too can aspire to do same. With good leadership we can do that, just like china did.

China grew when Indians kept talking.
and nowadays you still keep talking.
Fortune are created by hands, not mouths, but only few Indian knows that.

Democracy is all about talking, if you dont know.

Not to piss on the parade, but India has still a long LONG way to go

Long long way...

We have to be at least a $30 trillion economy in two decades. With a nominal growth of 15% every year, it is quite achievable.

@damiendehorn

Damn,i just got the source confirming it being not changed since 2005-06 with the official words of the present finance minister of Pakistan

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - Base year for national accounts to change every 10 years: Dar

End of discussion :D

NOTE:Since we have not changed base year since 2005-06.it is expected that the re-basing will add upto 150-180Billion dollars into Pakistan GDP(earlier estimate was 100Billion dollars because i thought we have changed it in 2011).
Possibly our GDP by 2016 will be 310-330Billion dollars,Rebasing will put it beyond 500Billion dollars

Indian GDP is much well documented as compared to Pakistan or Bangladesh.So even with 2trillion dollars,I doubt re-basing or year will hardly add more than 200Billion dollars to indian GDP

On the other hand,as per source's pakistani informal GDP is beyond 90% :D

Size of informal economy at 91.4 percent of GDP: study - thenews.com.pk

The size of informal economy of India is massive, just take a look about a single sector

you know the retail sector size is around $500 bn in india, and 93% is totally informal and dont pay taxes to govt., and thats a 2011 report of PwC, not of current one.

We have potential to achieve 21 trillion mark by 2050, what is he even talking? We all knows this.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom