What's new

India set to become $2 trillion economy in 2014: IMF

Too Slow.... We have to achieve atleast 8% growth!!!

NEW DELHI: India is poised to become a $2 trillion economy this year, while its GDP size would cross another milestone of $three trillion after five years in 2019, according to IMF's latest world economic outlook.

India's ranking would also improve to seventh largest economy in the world, while measured on "current prices" basis in US dollar, in 2019 from its tenth position currently.

Latest data from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) show that Indian economy is set to ..

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/44875297.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

The important point here is that will be five trillion economy after 5 years. Probably even more, if India can achieve 8-10 % growth rate. That means, in five years India will be among world's top 5 economies even in nominal terms. And Hopefully within this decade itself, Indian GDP will overtake Japan. If the central government gives effective administration, which it is widely believed will do; this is almost certain.

Last edited:
@Chinese-Dragon hello chinese boy. China grew when india was under italian w!tch sonia gandhi. Mr Modi rules india now. China started to fall back and india set to take lead. Your president eleven pingpong is a insect front of mr modi. The data u showing is of when india was slave of w!tch sonia. Compare the data within 5 years when Mr modi completes first 5 years of rules. I bet within 3 to 4 years he will push back chinese growth. Modi the MAN u caged human being.

@Chinese-Dragon hello chinese boy. China grew when india was under italian w!tch sonia gandhi. Mr Modi rules india now. China started to fall back and india set to take lead. Your president eleven pingpong is a insect front of mr modi. The data u showing is of when india was slave of w!tch sonia. Compare the data within 5 years when Mr modi completes first 5 years of rules. I bet within 3 to 4 years he will push back chinese growth. Modi the MAN u caged human being.

Xi Jinping strolled into India, while the PLA strolled into India on the other side.

What could mass murderer Modi do, except cry? :P

Xi Jinping strolled into India, while the PLA strolled into India on the other side.

What could mass murderer Modi do, except cry? :P

shows that Xi Jinping is not the boss. may be india should deal with PLA directly.

Off-topic:
Did you take part in HK protests?

Like the vast majority of Hong Kongers, I vote for the pro-Beijing camp, which dominates the HK elections, and therefore the HK government.

The protesters can only protest, since they received a pitiful amount of votes in the actual elections.

shows that Xi Jinping is not the boss. may be india should deal with PLA directly.

Do you know who the highest leader of the PLA is? :P

You guessed it. Xi Jinping, who is the head of the Central Military Commission and thus the ultimate authority over the PLA.

Like the vast majority of Hong Kongers, I vote for the pro-Beijing camp, which dominates the HK elections, and therefore the HK government.

The protesters can only protest, since they received a pitiful amount of votes in the actual elections.

Do you know who the highest leader of the PLA is? :P

You guessed it. Xi Jinping, who is the head of the Central Military Commission and thus the ultimate authority over the PLA.

then it is even worse. there are multiple power centers in PLA and Xi Jinping is just one of them.

then it is even worse. there are multiple power centers in PLA and Xi Jinping is just one of them.

No, Xi Jinping is THE power center of the PLA.

He is the chairman of the Central Military Commission. That's the highest possible position in the PLA hierarchy.

And the CMC is filled with Xi Jinping's supporters.

Even the Politburo Standing Committee is entirely dominated by Xi Jinping supporters, and that's as high as it gets.

For Pakistan they have removed the updates,

Nominal GDP for Pakistan was upgraded even in the april outlook but now i am hopeful it as i expect that they will upgrade it to 283-287Bn $ as oppose to earlier 257bn $

It is expected that BD will surpass your economy in the next 4 years. What are your thoughts on this?

I thought India was supposed to have crossed the $2 trillion mark several years ago.

Back when I joined this forum, it was always the "$2 trillion Indian economy" vs the "$5 trillion Chinese economy".

China's economy is now around $10 trillion. How times change.

you happy you got your dose of sarcastic pleasure?

you happy you got your dose of sarcastic pleasure?

It was an observation that I was genuinely interested in.

I have seen a lot of Indians here who think India is somehow "closing the gap" with China.

Which of course defies basic mathematics. Since China has a much larger base economy AND a higher percentage growth rate than India does, obviously the gap is not decreasing, but rather the gap is increasing.

Our GDP was equivalent to India's in the year 1990. The ratio was almost 1:1 exactly.

Today the ratio is 5:1.

No, Xi Jinping is THE power center of the PLA.

He is the chairman of the Central Military Commission. That's the highest possible position in the PLA hierarchy.

And the CMC is filled with Xi Jinping's supporters.

Even the Politburo Standing Committee is entirely dominated by Xi Jinping supporters, and that's as high as it gets.

i am not asking what your constitution saying, i am explaining the reality.

you don't create mischief in another country while your head is touring that country and seeking better relations with that country

you don't create mischief in another country while your head is touring that country and seeking better relations with that country

We didn't create any mischief.

It was Modi's "more assertive foreign policy" that created the mischief there. And then shortly after by killing 20 civilians on the border with Pakistan.

Maybe he's looking for another Forward Policy, who knows.

It was an observation that I was genuinely interested in.

I have seen a lot of Indians here who think India is somehow "closing the gap" with China.

Which of course defies basic mathematics. Since China has a much larger base economy AND a higher percentage growth rate than India does, obviously the gap is not decreasing, but rather the gap is increasing.

Our GDP was equivalent to India's in the year 1990. The ratio was almost 1:1 exactly.

Today the ratio is 5:1.

these math is bull crap. chinese should understand it better. you guys have overtaken US in just 30 years because of your mass. india has the mass. it has the much younger population than china . it is just the time when india will rival china.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom