What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does this report mean that these two are shortlisted or that they were the only two whose bids were expiring thus the request to extend? Maybe the others' bids are not expiring. I ask having read quite few such reports which do not seem to understand the overall process of this bid (neither do I thus I ask).

Aside from that, IAF would be the only ones flying the Rafale aside from the ADA. Diseconomies of scale come to mind with the Rafale. If IAF does go the route of Rafale with such a large order, it may entice other like Brazilians to consider it as well (along with the UAE). However the risk of only two operators and dealing with the French post sale would require some guarantees. Typhoon would offer some more flexibility here but in the end I think IAF know what they want and the GoI would have to handle the dealings with the French.

seems other vendors are going to poke in on the selection

Boeing no.. since we are giving them transport deals... Migs- never since we have already told them, LM- maybe but deals are there for them too, Saab- read my signature.

chances of IAF going for rafale are more as they have given choice of fast delivery of 40 fighters..

Antony has been crying.. be carefull.. aggressive marketing blah blahs ...
aroor gave a hind of a deal of BAE 777 howiters deal finalising and 10 more C-17s of boeing.. in twitter.. so something was fishy...

777 Howies,C-17s, P-8I,C-130 J - US happy

PAKFA mega deal,Mig-29 Upg, Brahmos hypersonic version, Addl MKIs ,Akula subs - Russia happy.

Barak,ELTA Radars, other Avionics - Israel happy

Scorpene,Rafale,Mirage upg - France happy

EU ?:cry:

Its like comparing katrina kaif with mohammad kaif.

OMG.. :rofl:

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

But in real match Mohammad kaif proves more useful...hpe it doesnt happens with RAFALE...

Depends on what kind of game you are more interested in playing.. If you get my drift ;)

This news means that the IAF will get the Meteor BVRAAM,MBDA Storm Shadow,Paveway IV LGB and the KEPD-50 Taurus ATGM.wow go for Rafale.

Finally !!! This is great - Eurofighter and Rafale were the most suitable . I hope its the Eurofighter , the platform is capable and can be upgraded in keeping with our needs . Always thought Rafale to be an older , comparatively lesser design .

Now the MOD 's work the strategic choice should be simple enough - No American fighters complicating proceedings - Go for the Euro fighter and close the deal quick . Eurofighter EADS agreed to make us a fifth manufacturing partner , we should reap the economic benefits as fast as possible.

PAKFA mega deal,Mig-29 Upg, Brahmos hypersonic version, Addl MKIs ,Akula subs - Russia happy.

We will send few envoys and start tickle them... they will be happy too...

Who cares...:what:... Ending up second is almost as good. :azn:

THATS WHAT I LOVE ABOUT INDIAN DIPLOMACY.:cheers:

Finally !!! This is great - Eurofighter and Rafale were the most suitable . I hope its the Eurofighter , the platform is capable and can be upgraded in keeping with our needs . Always thought Rafale to be an older , comparatively lesser design .

Now the MOD 's work the strategic choice should be simple enough - No American fighters complicating proceedings - Go for the Euro fighter and close the deal quick . Eurofighter EADS agreed to make us a fifth manufacturing partner , we should reap the economic benefits as fast as possible.

Yes we should go with Eurofighter......

Back
Top Bottom