What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rafale all the way babbbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. :yahoo::yahoo:

Sparky if this news turns out to be false, I will have to 'pay' you a visit :sniper:

Count me in too. A Rafale fanboi.

Sancho...where are you ?

I had a conversation with Sancho regarding the production line and some general quarries regarding the 'roadmap of super bug"..through PM's

I will post it since its good information.

Do you have any information regarding the possible production facility of Dassault and Boeing.. What is this Mirage line?? And how much more time will it need to setup one with HAL? ..

Also the "roadmap" of boeing.. how much is it significant.. are they offering the roadmap from the production number 1 or is it later , stages will have them?
By SpArK

I've heared that the production line of Rafale was set up for up to 30 fighters a year, Mirage line was similar. Not sure about the Boeing line, but they have very good capabilities, so it should be at least that high as well.
How much time is needed in India is difficult to say, but I think the French companies have it easier, because they've done it in India before.
The F18 roadmap is mainly PR, it looks great but just counters the main shortfalls of the fighter. The first point is that the have to fund them additionally, which increases the cost. Secondly, most of it is not developed, the touchscreens for example are aimed to be ready in 2015 only, that's why Boeing officials only talks about the EPE and the new sensors in regard of the MMRCA. The CFTs, or the weapon pod should need even more time for R&D and integration. IF IAF wants these capabilities, they could have it with Rafale anyway, without the risk of delays in development, or taken unproven techs and the costs are pretty much the same:

F18SH flyaway cost is around $55 millions each (Rafale around $78)

+ fundings for integrated IRST
+ fundings for new cockpit design
+ fundings for higher thrust engine
+ fundings for laser and missile warner

All this only to offer the same that Rafale has today and will the F18 still be clearly cheaper?

And as I pointed out recently, the geolocating and passive cueing on radars is possible with any Rafale, while only the F18 Growlers have them on their wingtip pods. Which shows that the Rafale has still more to offer.

The only real advantage of the roadmap is the weapon pod, but I still have some doubts on how much the advantage really is, because it is an external pod and not attached to the airframe, like it is the case for the Silent Eagle. Moreover, not all weapons will be carried internally, the SR missiles will still remain on the wingtip pylons like the Boeing graphics showed. So how much is the real benefit in relation to the development costs here?

Just read on livefist that the commercial bids expire tomorrow, it would be very emberassing if we have to ask the vendors for new once again! by sancho

So how much advanced is Rafale when compared to -16's block 50's and J-10's,???? ;)

Finally we will get plane with those beautiful Canard ...just keeping my fingers crossed...

I guess we are the first among the forums to know this.. BR is sleeping it seems.:what:

Haha... i will be back to Kerala by May end... we will celebrate a rafale win.. :cheers:

:cheers:

But hope the other vendors don't put a brake in the process sucessfully (which I am sure they will try to).

Anthony chetta, be careful.

MY BABY STRONGEST :smitten:

Dassault_Rafale_by_AndrewDro.png

Rafale has be tested in real battle scenario to some extent few days ago too!!!

GUYS!!!..YOU FORGOT ME AS A RAFALE FAN BOY TOO!!!!!

41 dudes are viewing this thread!!Go Benny!!!!BTW I hate both these costly pieces of awesomeness and love the SAAB JAS 39 Gripen IN but who cares!!IAF wins @ the end of the day and the stunning debates between Sancho and DBC will end!
Mr.A.K.Anthony FTW!!!!!

:cheers:

But hope the other vendors don't put a brake in the process sucessfully (which I am sure they will try to).

Anthony chetta, be careful.

Antony has been crying.. be carefull.. aggressive marketing blah blahs ...
aroor gave a hind of a deal of BAE 777 howiters deal finalising and 10 more C-17s of boeing.. in twitter.. so something was fishy...

Back
Top Bottom