What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I say inshallah all the time. What does that make me? Get your bearings straight and understand what the word means.
What if he says "by God" or "thank God"? Where does that leave him in your book?

I always thought that Inshahallah meant "By God's Grace"

Hoping to finalise the multi-billion dollar combat aircraft deal by the year-end.

Hoping to finalise the multi-billion dollar combat aircraft deal by the year-end, Indian Air Force on Thursday said the commercial bids of two short-listed vendors in the MMRCA tender would be opened by middle of next month.

“We have a meeting of the Defence Acquisition Council on October 7 where some of the issues are going to be discussed. Once those issued are cleared, hopefully by the middle of month, we should be in a position to open the bids,” Air Chief Marshal N.A.K. Browne said in New Delhi.

He was asked to comment on the acquisition schedule of these aircraft which are expected to be inducted in the IAF by 2014.

Air Chief Marshal Browne was talking to reporters on the sidelines of the Sixth International Conference on Energising Indian Aerospace Industry organised by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).

Earlier, addressing the conference, the IAF Chief said, “We are in final stages of this process (of signing the contract for MMRCA) and (it will be done) hopefully by the end of the year.”

On the offset value of the deal, he said, “Offsets for this programme amount to Rs. 20,000 crore plus and these are going to be in service for over a period of 13 years.”

To a query on comparison between Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft (FGFA) and MMRCA, he said, “These are two different kinds of aeroplanes. MMRCA does not have stealth features and super cruise capability while FGFA has all that.”

FGFA has recess armament base where all the missiles and weapons are located inside the aircraft, which gives it a certain amount of stealth potential, he said.

India is developing the FGFA as a joint venture with Russia.

The Hindu : News / National : IAF hopes to finalise combat aircraft deal by year-end

To a query on comparison between Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft (FGFA) and MMRCA, he said, “These are two different kinds of aeroplanes. MMRCA does not have stealth features and super cruise capability while FGFA has all that.”

:undecided: Mh, either Rafale and EF didn't proved SC in India, or he is mistaken about that, because both proved this capability in Europe for sure.

so who is going to put more on table??Those who are desperate for money will get this..i will bet on EFT

so who is going to put more on table??Those who are desperate for money will get this..i will bet on EFT

Agree on that, the question is, is that worth the very high costs and what does the French offer on the other side? For our forces, the Rafale is clearly the first choice, especially since the 2014 time line seems still to be important and the EF with AESA will only be ready around 2015.

Germany sharing 'substantial' info with India on black money - Hindustan Times

Germany is sharing "substantial" information with India on black money stashed overseas and will continue to do so, the country's Ambassador said on Friday. "Yes. We are doing that. Very substantial kind of information (we are sharing it with India). We are already doing it," German
Ambassador to India Thomas Matussek told reporters here in response to a volley of questions on the black money issue.

However, he refused to elaborate on the sharing of information saying it was "too technical issue" for him comment.

Matussek said both countries are satisfied with the progress being made in this regard.

"I can say that soon we hope to come to a satisfactory conclusion (on the issue)," he said on the sidelines of an event.

To repeated questions whether Germany is sharing with India the names of those Indians who have accounts abroad, he said: "I don't have it. I don't have the names of the account holders and I don't have the account numbers."

On the Indian Air Force's MMRCA deal, for which Eurofighter Typhoon, built by four nations including Germany has been short-listed, he described India as an "anchor of stability" in the region and said that was why Germany was giving it the best technology it possesses.

Asked whether the ties between India and Germany would be affected if the Eurofighter does not get shortlisted, he said, "We don't take this hypothesis. We will work very very hard to show that our product is a very good product. So we are not talking about Plan B. We are concentrating on Plan A."

Delay likely in aircraft bidding process

September 28, DHNS:

The commercial bids for the estimated $10.4-billion medium multi-role combat aircraft (MMRCA), scheduled for opening by month-end, is likely to be delayed till November or early December as the Ministry of Defence (MoD) is bogged down by some clearances it is required to obtain.

Sources in the MoD said the commercial offers made by the shortlisted contenders will expire by December, which might see the Centre opening the bids at least by then to avoid further delay in the process as it aims to induct the first set of aircraft by early 2014.

The MoD has shortlisted EADS’ Eurofighter and Dassault’s Rafale. Once the bids are opened, the lower among the two bidders will be engaged in commercial negotiations.

Aircraft and Systems Testing Establishment (ASTE) Commandant Air Commodore B R Krishna said: “The two were shortlisted as they comlied with the 600-odd parameters laid down in the Air Staff Qualitative Requirements (ASQRs).”

Air Chief Marshal N A K Browne recently said the commercial bids could be opened in mid-October.

But the sources indicate that the process might take longer as the matter is before the Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) again because some issues need to be sorted out before that.

Air Chief Marshal (retd) F H Major said: “There might be some more clearances that they have to get, otherwise there was no need for the matter to go back to the DAC. It was set up for the overall guidance of the defence procurement planning process.”

Among the issues to be discussed at the DAC meeting scheduled for October 7, the effect of falling value of the rupee on the deal, price optimisation and offset proposals made will assume prominence.

With the falling rupee, if the deal is executed this year, there could be a considerable cost escalation even at current prices.

Delay likely in aircraft bidding process

i think MoD has madeup it's mind to scarp the mmrca deal and just focus on FGFA , Super-30mki and LCA...

Rafale with Brahmos

Brahmos.png

I dont know why, but somehow the hope for F18 simply refuses to die in me..

Back
Top Bottom