What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dassualt where and giving second hand technologies.. Snecma is not giving engine tech??... they are asking for life long royalty..

Above all RBE-2 AESA is just 800 modules captor is over and above 1500 modules...

Is the Captor on board?...the RBE2 is already onboard. EF still needs to have a lot of technologies to be tested in it. Yes will turn out to be the most capable 4+ gen aircraft. But it was designed to be an Air-Superiority fighter, but th Rafale was designed to be multi-role ground up.

And Snecma are providing their core to be fitted in Kaveri. And I dont deny that. But we need some help till we end up making our 100% indigenous products. Dassault provided consultation for the Basic design of LCA. EADS were helping in fine tuning. So there was no involvement of tehnology...it is more like asking the nearest person to you 'oes it look straight to you?".

is it too early to celebrate or hard to believe ..i don't know.. but i will wait litle more for MoD statement. :)

BLACK RAFALE IN DUBAI AERO SHOW 2009. MY PERSONAL FAVORITE ,HOW ABOUT YOU ???:smitten::thinktank:

France___Air_Force_Dassault_Ra_by_xnir.jpg

Sir Glenn Torpy began by saying “The Eurofighter Typhoon is an excellent aircraft. It will be the backbone of the Royal Air Force along with the JSF”. When speaking about the aircraft’s performance in overseas trials he said “We had six aircraft in Turkey and the [Eurofighter Typhoon] has proved itself against all other fighters including F-15, F-16 and FA-18”.

He went on to say “It is usually the first aircraft to take off and the last to come back because it has good fuel efficiency, higher than any other aircraft in the inventory barring F-22. …No other aircraft performs better at 40,000 ft plus at low altitudes, Typhoon is a match for Su-30”.

:tup::tup::tup::):agree:

You should think again ... Remember Shakti for Dhruv.. I am really skeptical about their so called ToT..

Who knows they might be tricking us in getting their cR@ppY fighters which no one wants to buy..:partay:

THe Shakthi Engine is the Ardiden-H. thy just added some extra power sacrificing it for the fuel consumption. So it was never supposed to be a full ToT engine. They are businessmen and we got fooled by their marketing.

from LIVEFIST:
Livefist: FLASH! Rafale & Typhoon Move To Next Level In M-MRCA, Others Out!

It's official! France's Dassault Aviation Rafale and the European consortium's Eurofighter Typhoon move to the next level on the Indian Air Force M-MRCA fighter selection process. Both companies have confirmed that their programme teams have been asked to be at the MoD/Air HQ tomorrow for a meeting where the process will be taken forward. While the two companies have been, in effect, asked to extend the validity of their commercial bids, the other four contenders -- Boeing F/A-18, Lockheed-Martin's F-16, UAC's MiG-35 and Saab's Gripen -- haven't received a message or a letter. This is, in effect, the downselect that you've been hearing about so much. More shortly. It must be said that it was TimesNOW's Srinjoy Chowdhry who first reported that the Rafale and Typhoon led the competition, followed by several posts here on Livefist which suggested that the two big European twins were likely to make the semi-final cut.

What has happened today is basically scenario 2 in my post from earlier today. The MoD's decision to issue requests for bid validity extension to only two of the six companies -- and by default allow the commercial bids of the other four to expire tomorrow -- could be problematic, but this isn't something the IAF and MoD haven't accounted for. This could be the most interesting phase of the competition, since the four contenders knocked out of the fray will be wondering why in hell the government waited till the end to shaft them.

Livefist has reported extensively on the apprehensions that could guide the Indian government's final decision against the Americans and Russians. Let's just remind ourselves, however, that is a down-select. The process of selection is not nearly over. This is, however, the first substantive decision that has been taken in the competition, and the only one so far that narrows the board. Stay tuned for what promises to be a huge amount of action from here on out.

hey i was the first peson who had reported that mmrca is going to b short listed in last week of april or in first week of may in my post in mmrca thread.

New Delhi: The race for
the $
10.6-billion contract for
medium multi role
combat
aircraft (MMRCA) is going
to gain
momentum with the
names of
the shortlisted
candidates
expected to be
announced by
the first week of May .
This would follow the
concretisation of offset
policy by

I am not wrong buddy....TYPHOON is much better bird..just wait for the finals results..

On a serious note, it's not about which is the best bird. It's about which fits IAF's bill the most and MoD/ IAF's future indigenization aspirations and which party will come in more handy with those aspirations.

It's not exactly a two + two = four kinda equation.

The timing is also very interesting- just the other day ALL the price hiccups of the C-17 deal evaporated!!

I actually think for once GoI is playing a good geopolitical game.

Is the Captor on board?...the RBE2 is already onboard. EF still needs to have a lot of technologies to be tested in it. Yes will turn out to be the most capable 4+ gen aircraft. But it was designed to be an Air-Superiority fighter, but th Rafale was designed to be multi-role ground up.

And Snecma are providing their core to be fitted in Kaveri. And I dont deny that. But we need some help till we end up making our 100% indigenous products. Dassault provided consultation for the Basic design of LCA. EADS were helping in fine tuning. So there was no involvement of tehnology...it is more like asking the nearest person to you 'oes it look straight to you?".

First of all i am not against Rafale.. but the technology that EFT will get is more powerful than Rafale.. EADS are already developing CAPTOR on there own money... and they have already validated AESA in 2009...

It is not Dassault but BAe provided the consultation... Dassault was called in for FBW where they offered Analog one.. and we rejected it...

On a serious note, it's not about which is the best bird. It's about which fits IAF's bill the most and MoD/ IAF's future indigenization aspirations and which party will come in more handy with those aspirations.

It's not exactly a two + two = four kinda equation.

thats the reason I say ET.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom