What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First of all i am not against Rafale.. but the technology that EFT will get is more powerful than Rafale.. EADS are already developing CAPTOR on there own money... and they have already validated AESA in 2009...

It is not Dassault but BAe provided the consultation... Dassault was called in for FBW where they offered Analog one.. and we rejected it...

Still Rafale was dsigned as a multi-role fighter but EF was ddeveloped as a counter to the Su series.

Guys, I have a bit of apprehension here. I mean in all the cases we always here the Europeans get the deals or at least get close to teh deals, It happened with LCA Engine. Some theory will crop up and Americans will take the cake.....It can happen with MRCA too.

I will be happy if we select Rafale, however Yankees have a way of coming back in every deal. This is just initial rank up. It doesnt mean that others are out of the deal

Active Electronically Scanned Array - AESA RBE2 radar - Thales

Active Electronically Scanned Array - AESA RBE2 radar(Straight from horse mouth)

Active Electronic Scanning in the RBE2 radar represents a major step in the evolution of radar technology.

All radar functions are performed in the same flight:

Air Defence
• Very long detection and track ranges
• Fully automatic, sorting and ranking of tracked targets
• Fully target tracks independent of search volume.

Deep low-level penetration
• Automatic terrain following and avoidance

Strike mission
• En Route update of target area situation
• High resolution imagery modes (SAR) - Designations

Sea skimming attacks
• Detection and multi-tracking

Active electronic scanning makes it possible to switch radar modes quickly, thereby enabling operational functions to run simultaneously.

AESA has incorporated expertise coming from the current RBE2 Rafale radar, in the tradition of electronic scanning array radar.
The RBE2 has been in production since 1997 and was combat proven in multinational operations in 2001.
It can be fitted on large or medium fighter aircraft.

TECHNICAL FEATURES

Antenna block
• Active electronic scanning
• Very low side and scattered lobes in azimuth and elevation
• Very high reliability (T/R modules)

Active transmit / Receiver modules and exciter / Receiver
• Multipole Waveforms
• Coherent X band frequency generation
• Excellent spectral purity
• Wide bandwidth
• Full monopulse
• MMIC/GaAs technologies

Programmable signal processor and data processor
• Target detection and ECCM processing
• Fully programmable
• Anti-obsolescence solutions: open architecture - COTS components
• Tracking computation
• High resolution map generation

Has anyone thought of a split order so far??

It was discussed several times that a split order is simply not feasible in this case....There will be many more losses than any advantage.

DONCHU BELIEVE IN SPARKY WORDS ??? NOW SEE IT WITH YA EYES :P

2d8c6f40-377b-41bd-a179-8d63cf1c9dbc.Full.jpg

Well try reading what he was pointing out. GaN is better than GaA anytime. because GaN has low power-High output when compare to GaA. Kingdurgaking is telling that Captor uses GaN instead of GaA.

Guys, I have a bit of apprehension here. I mean in all the cases we always here the Europeans get the deals or at least get close to teh deals, It happened with LCA Engine. Some theory will crop up and Americans will take the cake.....It can happen with MRCA too.

I will be happy if we select Rafale, however Yankees have a way of coming back in every deal. This is just initial rank up. It doesnt mean that others are out of the deal

I think its too late ... French are too sensitive on these... i was expecting a French Cry if it was rejected..

Now i am interested in Mirage upgrades.. will it be scrapped??:what:

Sad Sad day for me:( why did they select one aircraft that nobody wants other than French and in imminent bankruptcy and and the other which has huge spare parts issue to keep the supply chain going for its own eu partners? whaaaaa :cry:I wanted them to get F18. Oh well - congrats on finally making a decision of sorts!

Well try reading what he was pointing out. GaN is better than GaA anytime. because GaN has low power-High output when compare to GaA. Kingdurgaking is telling that Captor uses GaN instead of GaA.

Till GAN comes to Existence say 2018 ,it will be long gone mate... Eurofighter is something ,that even its contributors are so reluctant to accept it,forget about upgrades..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom