What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Say NO to

french_fries.jpg

This has been said so many times I'm reluctant to believe it is true. I hope it is though!!

+ shouldn't something as huge as this have some sort of news conference/ announcement?

I feel EF gets through because of Much better Radar,Partnership,More capable METEOR ,Nuclear delivery capable and Supercruise..Its engines rae not under powered and surprisingly do not get stalled..

Rafale is also nuclear capable and no Rafale has crashed so far.

EFT will be better than Rafale only when the T-3 upgrades are finished as scheduled, but sadly none of the partnering nations are commiting to further orders and even cutting back on initial orders.

'Rumour' was that F-18 failed the high altitude tests in Leh as their engines and the airframe was designed keeping in mind that it is primarily a carrier borne fighter and was not optimised to be operated from such high altitudes.

I dont buy that. They have been operating the C/D models in Switzerland for years. So those must have been in their minds. And the Ge-414 is a derivative of the 404 used in the LCA and is going to be fitted in the Tejas MK-2.

DASSAULT MIRAGE 2000IN is a formidable aircraft that played key role duriNG kARGIL Conflict..now Rafale should come...

EADS has been helping LCA in all fields and they are happy to have us our partners... they also posses some of the best technologies..

I feel EF gets through because of Much better Radar,Partnership,More capable METEOR ,Nuclear delivery capable and Supercruise..Its engines rae not under powered and surprisingly do not get stalled..

On radar front Rafale is doing fine ..also remember active stealth, meteor --well france already has it, partnership with lots of vendors, will anybody care about anything, can we stop a possible deal of Italy to an adversary or maybe even spain to adversary.. i guess not...

Rafale is better in commanality, weaponsload, range, external stations, combat radius, oh yes it also supercruises and is cheaper to maintain and procure..

Who knows they may even transfer 40 of them from their squads to fill the gap between production.

Rafale+fighters+DTN.jpg

Rafale is also nuclear capable and no Rafale has crashed so far.

EFT will be better than Rafale only when the T-3 upgrades are finished as scheduled, but sadly none of the partnering nations are commiting to further orders and even cutting back on initial orders.

I know, It feels amusing when everybody is trying to convince you what you already believe in..:partay:

Rafale!!!!

- Delta wing design (similar to LCA & AMCA)..

- Promises of full ToT

- SNECMA-Kaveri JV

- Previous experience with Mirage...

Why am I not surprised..

Thanks Benny boy for the good news after almost painful awaiting..

EADS has been helping LCA in all fields and they are happy to have us our partners... they also posses some of the best technologies..

oh yes... guess uncle sam doesnt get in middle giving orders to brits.:tongue:

Well Dassault were our first consultant...and above all Snecma is sharing engine tech with us. Better they even offered to fit the Kaveiri-ECO engine in Rafale. So I think Rafale is a better deal.

Why do you think the RBE-2 AESA is not as good as the Capto AESA? And why did you fel that France pulled out of the Typhoon programme?

Who knows they may even transfer 40 of them from their squads to fill the gap between production
Nothing less than brand new will suits... well , my vote has kept Rafale ahead of ef.:)

Back
Top Bottom