What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bottom line: there is no comparison. If the trade fight is for now in favor of the Eurofighter, with its export orders in Saudi Arabia and Austria, the Rafale is clearly more responsive and more effective than its competitor in the Libyan theater. The French plane multiplies reconnaissance and ground attack, proving his abilities every day "multirole". The Eurofighter Typhoon British themselves, confined to air superiority missions of questionable utility, aviation Gaddafi being pinned to the ground after the embargo or degummed strikes by the coalition.
originally posted by Spark

So this must mean if we go for the RAFALE we leave our air superiority duties principally to the MKI , and concentrate on Rafale for Ground attack and reconnaissance - use it in a multi -role . And Eurofighter is basically a air-superiority bird so the MKI makes that role redundant.:undecided::undecided::undecided:

4037738115_d0a0a6ea4e.jpg

Awesomest combo everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........

so happy.....
screw f16/18,
feeling sad for gripen

Now PAF must be relieved .. they can expect F-16IN from US... and they will be getting whole lot of goodies..

So this must mean if we go for the RAFALE we leave our air superiority duties principally to the MKI , and concentrate on Rafale for Ground attack and reconnaissance - use it in a multi -role . And Eurofighter is basically a air-superiority bird so the MKI makes that role redundant.

No actually both MKI (after upgrade) and Rafale will be capable of Air-Supremacy missions and both will/can be used for Strike missions also.

Yeah but you can say MKI will be the Flagship fighter till the PAKFA comes.

I feel rafael gets through bcoz of AESA, proven Air-Ground,unbelivable range,nuclear delivery, Already has infrastructure (miraje2000)...It is only with france, where as EF is wid Saudi so they may pass its weakness points to pakistan...But important point to note is Mr.P.V.Naik the present Air Chief had rejected Miraje2000 in 1980 in favour of Mig-23,27 whose was heading selection committee then and we know how these aircraft performed (with firing rockets these used flame out, remember kargil).......but now he has realized his mistake and given a chance to RAFALE....

Any one for EF plz state ur points...

No actually both MKI (after upgrade) and Rafale will be capable of Air-Supremacy missions and both will/can be used for Strike missions also.

Whatever..Be it MKI+EF or, MKI + RAFALE - I am not complaining..
This shortlist is enough to bring smile to the faces of Indians- At least I am smiling..

Frenchies have played it smart......they have linked the MMRCA deal to Mirage upgrades also & Kaveri/snecma integration....excellent way to position themseleves.....only French arrogance can make them loose the deal

Whatever..Be it MKI+EF or, MKI + RAFALE - I am not complaining..
This shortlist is enough to bring smile to the faces of Indians- At least I am smiling..

Abe count me in too.

These are the two best fighters available for sale and EF or Rafale - anything is better than what our neighbours have.

I feel rafael gets through bcozof AESA, proven Air-Ground,unbelivable range,nuclear delivery, Already has infrastructure (miraje2000)...It is only with france, where as EF is wid Saudi so they may pass its weakness points to pakistan...But important point to note is Mr.P.V.Naik the present Air Chief had rejected Miraje2000 in 1980 in favour of Mig-23,27 whose was heading selection committee then and we know how these aircraft performed (with firing rockets these used flame out, remember kargil).......but now he has realized his mistake and given a chance to RAFALE....

Enough of Point talks have been done. Now we need to wait till the final decision comes out. Both Fighters are the Best of 4.5 Gen.

I feel rafael gets through bcozof AESA, proven Air-Ground,unbelivable range,nuclear delivery, Already has infrastructure (miraje2000)...It is only with france, where as EF is wid Saudi so they may pass its weakness points to pakistan...But important point to note is Mr.P.V.Naik the present Air Chief had rejected Miraje2000 in 1980 in favour of Mig-23,27 whose was heading selection committee then and we know how these aircraft performed (with firing rockets these used flame out, remember kargil).......but now he has realized his mistake and given a chance to RAFALE....

I feel EF gets through because of Much better Radar,Partnership,More capable METEOR ,Nuclear delivery capable and Supercruise..Its engines rae not under powered and surprisingly do not get stalled..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom