What's new

India seals Rs 70,000 crores missile deal with Russia : MOD sources

now thats what i was thinking of but the point is can the russian SAMs be merried to mix of israeli & indian radar systems systems if that can be done then we can also incorporate Spyder , barak & akash & maitri system into it and with that costs will come down and ;eathality will increase manyfolds
Well,according to Prasun Sengupta this is what's going to be in this case and yeah Russian tech can be meted with Israeli or for that matter other western country just like what we have done in case of Su-30 MKI:coffee:

So what is a use of S400?

S-400 can shoot down a ballistic missile of ranges up to 3500 Kms, at a distance of 60 Km from the launcher.

S- 400 can tracks targets at the range of 600 Kms, and can shoot down aircrafts at of ranges upto 400 Kms, as well as cruise missiles.

Theoretically speaking S-400 were it to deployed India Pakistan border, not only can see all of Pakistan airspace as well as a big portion of Afghan/Iran airspace. It can shoot down any aircraft flying anywhere in Pakistan.

Whereas Akash is missile with range of 25 Km and detection range of 60 Kms

sirji im no friend of aman ki asha or tamasha or whatever they wanna call it my point is instead of pumping so much ammount on S-400 why cant we make it on owr own like ... jugar (mix and match of indian , israeli and russian techs+ a little reverse enginearing) :D

as for dealing with hyper thekedaars of islam/kaladam& dehshatgard tanzeems in pakistan well why not use there own power to harm and hit them where it hurts most :devil:

Jugaad is never advisable in missile defence. People need to rise above their baniya level mentality to see that if BMD misses and a missile carrying a Nuke get through, it is bye bye Mumbai. Thus BMD ned to be top notch, if you want to fight a war with a nuclear state.

Thankfully pakistan atm does not have a missile that could get through S-400, and hence India would have strategic autonomy to go to war with pakistan, until pakistan comes up with new technology like MIRV.

Even when India would have its own BMD, it would still field Russian and Israeli systems for redundancy so that if one of the system misses, another one would take care of incoming missile.

Relax Indian Pakistan will get better and cheaper Chinese system before Russia delivery S-400 system .
As soon as Chinese company start manufacturing hypersonic cruise missile to destroy this s-400 missile batteries so take a chill pill.
Everybody knows how Russia works with milking cow aka India lol

See the idiocy of this logic (countering SAM with SAM). India inducted a BMD, how would pakistan react? -> By inducting a knock off chinese copy of same BMD, which Chinese have only brought recently,and would take a decade to reverse engineer, if they are able to do that at all.Am i the only one who could see how illogical this is?

Last edited:
I will wait out on sweets on this one. Let us see it through first.
@Abingdonboy : just one question, can AAD and PAD be integrated with S-400 and green pines to have a comprehensive SAM+BMD network under one command ?? Completely automated just a handful of red tapes from DETECT to DESTROY .

11 billion dollars worth deal just like that ?

No RFI, No RFP, No competition

I don't know , it didn't take a decade

What the heck could have happened to sign a 11 billion $ weapon deal just like that ?

Like a 5 th generation fighter gone over Delhi ?
S400 is unique and USA is not gonna give us THAD or Ageis so there is no question of RFI, RFP,or competition!

11 billion dollars won't be just for S 400, it probably covers other stuff coming for our SSN's or cover up costs for the assistance we getting. My guess

Not getting su35's but much more lethal metal than that. :pakistan:
Yup you will get metal only

Pakistan need not bother...these weapons are not for Pakistan. India has China to take on...hence India has no option but to increase it defense capabilities.

Entirely incorrect, the size of the order suggests around 12-15 Regiments, that's enough to cover all of India with a proper blanket of protection including Andaman. It will be used against Pak just as mush as against China. It allows us to enforce a no fly zone when push comes to shove without ever crossing the border. 3 regiments facing Pak and 1 In Kashmir effectively puts almost all of Pak airspace in its lethal clutches. 4 Regiments can covers all of North east with adequate protections against any adventures on that side. 4 more can cover all of south, south west and south east. 1 covers all od Andaman.

As said before a single command center can control up to 6 fire units and these can be dispersed out to over 100 km away from command. Combining long and Medium ranges missiles, the area covered is massive.

First tell us what happened to your Best SAM system Akash?. For rest of Indian congrats.
yup...i am going to by a granade launcher that automatically makes my rifle a failure.........the best logic of the year

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom