What's new

India seals Rs 70,000 crores missile deal with Russia : MOD sources

@Abingdonboy :D You said this government is very disappointing in defence matters. I said we are on right track slowly when we save enough money most of it will go for defence in it?
And I stand by my comments- they HAVE been disappointing in numerous defence-related areas. HOWEVER I did not say they were incapable of doing the right thing or improving their form- in fact, with the PMO (with the NSA undoubtably having a say) having a heavy hand in defence matters, I feel confident that there is at least some sort of strategic vision being enacted which was entirely absent in the past.

You were not not willing to spend 10-12 billion dollars for Rafael but You have found money for this deal ? First you ruined French avionics deals and now this. You do take Pakistan way too serious and obsesses over us too much despite claiming every now and then you can crush us like a bug .
1) There was always money for the Rafale (and still is)
2) MMRCA was canceled because the previous MoD had got itself tied into contractual knots with no way out
3) Rafale talks are on going, expect some positive news on this front within the coming months
4) You are MASSIVELY overstating the baring Pakistan has on India's present day threat matrix. The S400 will be aimed at China, in fact, the majority of the defence purchase the new GoI has cleared have been aimed at China to one degree or another.
5) Where is the money coming from? Well India is a $2TN+ economy growing at the fastest rate of any large economy in the world with almost universal agreement that it is entering a "boom" phase. Such large deals are paid off in instalments over time, by the time India is making the last payment for these systems in a decadeIndia will be knocking on the door of the $5TN nominal GDP club.

Psychology dictates this deal was negotiated and signed soon after SU-35 news.Money was found rather quickly unlike Rafael where india was stubborn to yield a similar amount. So who is more obsessed can be seen pretty clearly/. Correct me if I'm wrong ?

Deals like these are not like decided today and sealed tomorrow.
If they are signing this deal now they should have negotiated it for at least a year or who knows even by the previous regime. It is just a co-incidence that Su-35 'news' and S400 'deal' started to float around at the same time.

Modi using money power to pressure Russia not to sell any defense equipment to Pakistan good for us they are acquiring weapons just for political reasons not for defense needs which proves counter productive.

That applies only to a weak economy which feeds grass for nukes.
Indian economy can withstand this $11 Billion deal.

The Rafale deal isn't stuck- talks are ongoing and the MoD has given the green light to take the talks to a final agreement.

What is wrong with u ?

Stuck = still not in effect.

I have worked very closely at that level; you can take my word
when I tell you how they do business.

Psychology dictates this deal was negotiated and signed soon after SU-35 news.Money was found rather quickly unlike Rafael where india was stubborn to yield a similar amount. So who is more obsessed can be seen pretty clearly/. Correct me if I'm wrong ?
You are misinformed. Find me a single credible source citing an official that says the Rafale deal (MMRCA) was canceled because of a lack of funds- you won't find any. The MMRCA/Rafale deal couldn't progress in its past iteration as the MoD had reached an impasse over certain contractual issues. This required the poetical leadership (PMO) to step in and create a solution (a govt-govt deal with France).

And if you think the GoI goes around throwing billions of USD just to spite Pakistan then you are loony. The GoI is now simply moving forward with MANY deals that the previous GoI had chosen to forgo/stall.

Stuck = still not in effect.
That's really not what "stuck" means. Stuck implies there is an impasse. The talks are ongoing and moving forward to closure.

India seals Rs 70,000 crores missile deal with Russia

Read more at India seals Rs 70,000 cr missile deal with Russia

New Delhi, Nov 2 (UNI) In what could easily be said the biggest ever defence deal with Russia, India has stitched a contract to acquire S-400 anti-ballistic missile systems from Moscow at a cost of around Rs 70,000 crores, top sources in the Defence Ministry said here today.

The modalities, including the price of deal and number of systems to be acquired, were agreed upon in the meeting of India-Russia Inter Governmental Commission on Military-Technical-Cooperation (IRIGC-MTC) which concluded today in Moscow, with Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar co-chairing it jointly with his Russian counterpart Sergei Shoigu.

The mega deal, along with an agreement to get another nuclear submarine, is likely to be formally signed during the visit to Russia of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who would be travelling to Moscow sometime in December for an annual summit with President Vladimir Putin, the sources told UNI.

Read more at India seals Rs 70,000 cr missile deal with Russia

i would say a good deal S400 no one will dare attack india

That's really not what "stuck" means. Stuck implies there is an impasse. The talks are ongoing and moving forward to closure.

And what is it that needs so much "talking about "

Raveena Tandon's sexiness or finding solutions to impasses ?

yup...i am going to by a granade launcher that automatically makes my rifle a failure.........the best logic of the year

Two correction first not by its Buy. Second both are SAM's not two different weapons (rifle and grenade). Congrats you win the greatest logic of the year award
upload_2015-11-3_19-55-38.jpeg

I dont get it, we negotiate alsmost similar price deal of MMRCA for years and years, and this news come out just within a span of a month to be signed already ?
Is this source even credible ? Where is anything from mainstream media of india ?
MMRCA was absurdly complex- 6 different a/c from 6 different OEM all having to be evaluated and tested on a comparative, transparent and fair basis. This before one even begins the complex contractual negotiations. If the S-400 deals goes through it will be a govt-govt deal that is FAR easier to push through.

S-400 can shoot down a ballistic missile of ranges up to 3500 Kms, at a distance of 60 Km from the launcher.

S- 400 can tracks targets at the range of 600 Kms, and can shoot down aircrafts at of ranges upto 400 Kms, as well as cruise missiles.

Theoretically speaking S-400 were it to deployed India Pakistan border, not only can see all of Pakistan airspace as well as a big portion of Afghan/Iran airspace. It can shoot down any aircraft flying anywhere in Pakistan.

Whereas Akash is missile with range of 25 Km and detection range of 60 Kms

I know but that what Indian claim. I just remind some Indian here.

Pakistan has already accepted its level and looking only for a minimum deterrence against us.

We need to know our level vis -a- vis china .
The difference being- Pakistan is NEVER going to close the gap to India, there is no reason India will not close the gap to China. By 2045 India, China and the US will be the top three economies in the world- the way they will be ranked is still open to debate BUT India will be far closer to China.

Back
Top Bottom