What's new

India, Russia opt for velvet divorce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erkan Iseni, Fadılj Iseni, Bujamin Fetov and Suat Mustafa from Macedonia, Hesabullah Haqani from Pakistan, Mohomed Unais from Australia, Johan Castillo Boens from the United States and Fadhle Al-Sallami from Sweden were all on the list of fighters who joined ISIL.

Nokta: Turkish intel delivers 60 foreign fighters to ISIL in Syria

Also albanians ,Americans(special forces) ,Pakistanis again,.

In the short term, it's an incompatibility....... fast forward twenty - thirty years, where both the US and China are at the same technological, economic, social balance - both will come to respect one another as partners...... as in the end arrogance will give way to reason and logic.... don't forget, both are bigger bannyas than India! :D

True that, but you are missing a point there - US and China are not going to stabilize in proportion to each other. China will keep rising and US will get further behind. The whole game being played is to prevent that from happening. Rewind back to UK and draw parallels to it's quick decline post WW1 and stabilization with respect to US in 50s. It vacated it's space for US.

Now if US accepts China's pre-eminence and restricts itself to being a regional power in Americas then I would concede to you argument but I don't see any signs of it happening any time soon.

But Yeah why not, thirty years down the line anything is possible.

fluid situation in a fast changing and increasingly multi-polar world, let's see.

but in the end, both India and Pakistan are but pawns in the bigger Russia vs US great game..

I have seen a lots of stupid post from Indian members like this one.
Pawn? Really??
Except vmilitary technology we are already on par with Russia and in some cases like economy we are one step ahead them.
And India only folows her own interest not others.Neither we goes to US camp nor to Russian Camp.
So our members should restrain belittle our nation through comparing some unstable small neighbours.

Do you think that your Saudi masters will let you destroy their machinery with such ease? Zarb-e-Azb is just cosmetic change.Saudi arabia has control of tens of thousands of seminaries across pakistan. The machinery still exists.
Any evidence? You're making hollow accusations with no backing or proof.
Seminaries are being regularly shut down for your information and religious leaders promoting sectarianism and violence are facing the heat.

Now I supposed to believe that pakistan has a change of heart?

Lets look at the alternative...Pakistan is stuck in a timewarp where it will continue hating "pure, Hindu India" and will allow terrorists to operate and carry out terror attacks on it's own soil without impunity.

Mate, it's a zero sum game....... US knows it, China knows it......... whatever is happening is pure theatrics for you and me! :D

True that, but you are missing a point there - US and China are not going to stabilize in proportion to each other. China will keep rising and US will get further behind. The whole game being played is to prevent that from happening.

Now if US accepts China's pre-eminence and restricts itself to being a regional power in Americas then I would concede to you argument but I don't see any signs of it happening any time soon.

But Yeah why not, thirty years down the line anything is possible.

Mate, it's a zero sum game....... US knows it, China knows it......... whatever is happening is pure theatrics for you and me! :D

The contours are set broadly as you have said, devil is in the details.

Pawn? Really??
Except vmilitary technology we are already on par with Russia and in some cases like economy we are one step ahead them.
And India only folows her own interest not others.Neither we goes to US camp nor to Russian Camp.
So our members should restrain belittle our nation through comparing some unstable small neighbours.

Russia is already isolated and it is only China and India worth call by them as a major ally.Russian's are not fool enough to over depend on China or desert India by giving modern fighter jets to pakistan in large qty.

Any evidence? You're making hollow accusations with no backing or proof.
Seminaries are being regularly shut down for your information and religious leaders promoting sectarianism and violence are facing the heat.

Lets look at the alternative...Pakistan is stuck in a timewarp where it will continue hating "pure, Hindu India" and will allow terrorists to operate and carry out terror attacks on it's own soil without impunity.

Almost all of it cosmetic change.The pakistani govt does not know what isi does and as for ISI ,its controlled by CIA and the saudis. Same shit ,just the figurehead changes.

Pawn? Really??
no, Russia are just 150 million people.

we are not at par with them economically, we have next to no oil and gas resources compared to them.

and militarily, as you said, there are no comparisons to be made either.

agree on that we should not go too deep into any one camp, non aligned is a good place to be, we can even influence others to join us.

Check the time difference between Yuan devaluation and the tianjin port blasts and then us military logistical base blasts in japan.

There is a hint.Things are much hotter than you think.

@gau8av this is for you also.

Almost all of it cosmetic change.The pakistani govt does not know what isi does and as for ISI ,its controlled by CIA and the saudis. Same shit ,just the figurehead changes.

If so, why has this ISI-Saudi-CIA nexus failed to force the government into Yemen? Why has the same ISI-Saudi-CIA nexus failed to force the government into a more active role in Syria? Heck, the nexus couldn't even stop us from working with the Iranians and the Chinese.

If so, why has this ISI-Saudi-CIA nexus failed to force the government into Yemen? Why has the same ISI-Saudi-CIA nexus failed to force the government into a more active role in Syria? Heck, the nexus couldn't even stop us from working with the Iranians and the Chinese.

simple reason. Some of your officers have seen the writing on the wall and have tried to reverse course. But then saudis have you cornered. they just need to scream that pakistani admin is kafir and the maulvis will raise mobs to overthrow the govt with divine sanction of allah's chosen the saudi arabia.

But then saudis have you cornered. they just need to scream that pakistani admin is kafir and the maulvis will raise mobs to overthrow the govt with divine sanction of allah's chosen the saudi arabia.

Shouldn't the Saudis already be screaming the way things around going for the maulvis they support?
Pakistan's new security policy aims to reform madrassas - Pakistan - DAWN.COM
Madrassa managers, clerics detained in Lahore crackdown - Newspaper - DAWN.COM
Protest against raid on madrassa - Newspaper - DAWN.COM
Pak to crackdown on 48 madrassas involved in terrorism

On another note, is your *** jealous of all the shit that comes out of your mouth?

Seriously? I thought more of you............. then this excellent post by your magnificence.............. you think way too small to deserve my attention!

Or ignoring for self satisfaction.
You are the one that said about a Russia-China-Pakistan.camp.
teaming up with Russia and China means you are in anti western.camp.
Can you afford that ?Its a reasonable query .Even in the last year it was the IMF that came for the help of NSand Pakistan.
This deal may or may not be happen .But that is another case.

Second para was about this topic.

Suffice it to say, if the Su 35 S ever appears over the Pakistani skies, it will be a stark reminder that the Modi government’s foreign polices have ended in a cul de sac. After all, it is no mean achievement for the Modi government to have chilled the ties with China, ratcheted up tensions with Pakistan to a near-flashpoint and to atrophy India’s time-tested relationship with Russia to this low point — and, all that to have been achieved in a matter of just 15 months in power.

Posted in Military, Politics.

Tagged with BRICS, China's Silk Road strategy, Gwadar, Russia-Pakistan, US bases in Afghanistan.

No comments »

By M K Bhadrakumar – September 11, 2015

Hi,

this last para is priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom