What's new

India, Russia opt for velvet divorce

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ Another think tank material reply

Al topic, This Bhadrakumar guy is stuck in cold war era. If Russia wants to do business with Pakistan, they will. Just the way USA is selling India cutting edge weapons they are denying Pakistan.

There is no need to dramatize it.

I have been in Management for 20 years and very well know what & why the government did. But it's a double edge sword. They wanted to send a message to the bureaucrats and scientists to fall in line or else their fate would be no different than Ms. Sujatha Singh and Dr Avinash Chander..

Two different cases. There was no specific message being sent out by Sujata Singh's sacking. The government did their best to ease her out by offering her other posts since the PM wanted Jaishankar in (MMS too wanted him in as FS but was advised against superseding so many officers, especially since he had already done it once with Shivshankar Menon). Sujata Singh refused all offers & left the government with no choice but to terminate her tenure one day before Jaishankar was to retire (could not have been done later).

^^^ Another think tank material reply

Al topic, This Bhadrakumar guy is stuck in cold war era. If Russia wants to do business with Pakistan, they will. Just the way USA is selling India cutting edge weapons they are denying Pakistan.

There is no need to dramatize it.

No. Pro quid reply.

Ps. I take exception to people calling my country "beggar" who come from a country, India where there is mass hunger and children with their ribcages protruding through their skin. Then they have the galls to even dare use the word "beggar" on Pakistan?

No. Pro quid reply.

Ps. I take exception to people calling my country "beggar" who come from a country, India where there is mass hunger and children with their ribcages protruding through their skin. Then they have the galls to even dare use the word "beggar" on Pakistan?

I would love to stoop down to your level completely disregarding forum rules...

No not really because I've read the rules about how to deal with offensive posts. And I'm not even a TTA

@Slav Defence

No. Pro quid reply.

The context of the use of the word is not the same. I would suggest that using pictures of unfortunate people suffering from poverty to just argue a point in a debate is setting a very low bar for yourself. There are many posters here, on both sides, who that is expected from. I wouldn't think you want to be on that list.

I would love to stoop down to your level completely disregarding forum rules...

No not really because I've read the rules about how to deal with offensive posts. And I'm not even a TTA

@Slav Defence

I did not stoop to any level. What did I infract? I did not swear. I used no profanity. I did not fabricate. I merely informed the said poster that when you in India have children with ribcages sticking out using words like "beggar" might not be such a good idea.

I educated this chap on the old adage "when you live in glasshouse" la la la la. I did not know education was crime around here :-)

Son, you think so? Fandingo can you do us a favour. Please beg some money for this child below and many more who are being killed by hunger. This is pure cruelty to Indian children. Beg some food for them and feed them hungry children. Only one thing is worse then a beggar. Starving Indian children.

"Gita Devi,” he said between a gulp of tea and a bite of biscuit “died of tuberculosis.”
“These people are poor,” he explained. “They drink. So they have health problems. They get sick. And die.” Case closed.

StarvationIndia_Reuters.jpg

No one starves in India. The poor drink, get sick and die - Firstpost

Starving in India: A Fight for Life in Bihar - India Real Time - WSJ

You could have given him a negative rating
Instead of doing the same mistake even bigger..

I did not stoop to any level. What did I infract? I did not swear. I used no profanity. I did not fabricate. I merely informed the said poster that when you in India have children with ribcages sticking out using words like "beggar" might not be such a good idea.

I educated this chap on the old adage "when you live in glasshouse" la la la la. I did not know education was crime around here :-)

I can post the same : poverty in pakistan - Google Search

But then, IM NOT A THINK TANK. , I have the SENSE and LIBERTY to THINK !

Two different cases. There was no specific message being sent out by Sujata Singh's sacking. The government did their best to ease her out by offering her other posts since the PM wanted Jaishankar in (MMS too wanted him in as FS but was advised against superseding so many officers, especially since he had already done it once with Shivshankar Menon). Sujata Singh refused all offers & left the government with no choice but to terminate her tenure one day before Jaishankar was to retire (could not have been done later).

Well Sujata Singh's stand may as well have been due to her father being a Congress loyalist.

I only hope that the sacking of Sujata Singh was not externally influenced due to the Khobragade episode.

Amazing TTA!!!

Why do these people get so emotional over everything. All you need to do is google pakistan + starvation to fill a whole thread with pictures of starving children. Why would anyone want to do that. This is so wrong on so many levels.

The warming of Russia to Pakistan is less to do with India and more to do with China.

Russia is preoccupied to counter US after Ukraine and to take on US it wants China on its side. It is China that is nudging Russia towards Pakistan.

Well....... key point is IF it happens........ if it REALLY DOES happen then be sure that the whole regions geopolitics have taken a U turn.

I agree with that ; It will be a clear threat to Indian security and probably that move will push India deep into US ally corridor and PAK-FA will be the last project in Indo-Russian History .

But Points to remember it will not be a cost effective decision for PAF but it will be a great decision when come to Politics and cutting of your enemy . ball in PAF side .

Post of Think Tank Consultant in PDF is not better than Zaid Hamid as Defence ANALyst...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom