What's new

India rushes to bridge missiles gap with PAF

A professional fighting force should not need a wake call.
We have a lot of problems with hardware, more than yours, i dont think the soldiers in both the countries are any different, courageous, ready to sacrifice and respect each other in times of war unlike the western forces who have no morals. But this skirmish on 27th gave a wake up call for the good, that will only make things better. Like you had better and more AWACS and long range BVRs. I dont know if you should be happy or sad about it :p::p: There must be many lessons for your army too i am sure.

Ofcourse there are. Our side cannot afford to be complacent and they aren't. They will strive to stay a step or two ahead in planning and tactics.

I am quite certain that India is seriously planning to do some mischief, in near future, to avenge Feb 27 humiliation. Their try would be that the attack should be such, that it cannot be retaliated by Pakistan and then they can use it for chest thumping and gloating.

I am quite certain that India is seriously planning to do some mischief, in near future, to avenge Feb 27 humiliation. Their try would be that the attack should be such, that it cannot be retaliated by Pakistan and then they can use it for chest thumping and gloating.
They might try. If I am not mistaken, IAF Chief BS Dhanoa is going to retire on September 30 2019. India might try something before his retirement. But it all depends on the geopolitical dynamics of the region and Pakistan's state of preparedness. Let's wait and see.

Nothing before the Rafales get here. Possibly also the ASRAAMs and the DERBY-ER. But the next session is a crushing certainty for PAF. They did something needless in Feb. '19. Might pay for it in Feb' 20.
Just stating my opinion.

We have a lot of problems with hardware, more than yours, i dont think the soldiers in both the countries are any different, courageous, ready to sacrifice and respect each other in times of war unlike the western forces who have no morals. But this skirmish on 27th gave a wake up call for the good, that will only make things better. Like you had better and more AWACS and long range BVRs. I dont know if you should be happy or sad about it :p::p: There must be many lessons for your army too i am sure.
Here's the thing. For the last 10-15 years on fora like this one we have had to listen to lots of nonsense from Indian posters. For example;

The Su30 MKI is like a mini awacs and will knock the PAF aircraft out of the sky before they even realise we are there.
The Phalcon radar is much better than the crappy Erieye and will detect all the PAF when they take off.
Russian R77 missile is just as good as the Aim120 and will knock all the PAF out of the sky

Etc etc

Now a few of us have been saying for some time that the Indian armed were a mess and were generally shouted down by loud obnoxious types who knew better apparently. And nothing has changed. The IAF is still in a mess that will take at least a decade to fix. In that ten years however the Pakistani armed forces will not be sportsmanlike and wait for you to catch up.

Nothing before the Rafales get here. Possibly also the ASRAAMs and the DERBY-ER. But the next session is a crushing certainty for PAF. They did something needless in Feb. '19. Might pay for it in Feb' 20.
Just stating my opinion.
Who is "They"?

Just stating my opinion.
You'd have to orchestrate a false flag for that to happen.

The Russians are not keen on integrating IDerby nor the ASRAAMs on the Sukhois since they're western. Also, there were no confirmed reports that IAF has placed an order except for speculations by random media outlets

Barak-8 MRSAM is a confirmed order and as of now, the only missile IAF will be procuring in large numbers is the Astra since it has been successfully integrated in most IAF platforms and passed all recent tests. Regarding any other western missile, I don't expect them any time soon since they require Russian permission and kickbacks to our babus

Just stating my opinion.

You tried, we replied next day.
We replied, you will wait 1 whole year before replying?

Here's the thing. For the last 10-15 years on fora like this one we have had to listen to lots of nonsense from Indian posters. For example;

The Su30 MKI is like a mini awacs and will knock the PAF aircraft out of the sky before they even realise we are there.
The Phalcon radar is much better than the crappy Erieye and will detect all the PAF when they take off.
Russian R77 missile is just as good as the Aim120 and will knock all the PAF out of the sky

Etc etc

Now a few of us have been saying for some time that the Indian armed were a mess and were generally shouted down by loud obnoxious types who knew better apparently. And nothing has changed. The IAF is still in a mess that will take at least a decade to fix. In that ten years however the Pakistani armed forces will not be sportsmanlike and wait for you to catch up.

Who is "They"?
Su - 30 can detect f - 16 from a farther range but the r 77 doesnt have the range to engage and its pretty fucking old bvr , dont know why they used it. Wake up call and things have already been done, for example the r-37 bvr, asta mk1 and mk 2 and brahmos ng. S o dont worry, if we here in a forum can see this, they have taken into account that too. And we didnt have that many awacs as you guys becoz we didnt buy as we were trying to develop our own. It will take a few years but indigenous awacs are necessary, our import bill is already huge. This type of asymetric warfare doesnt tell you the whole picture though , i hope u understand that. A full scall war vs such skirmish has different dynamics. I would happily say that PAF got the better of IAF that day and we should learn from those mistakes. Taking anything more than that would be foolish.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom