What's new

India retaliates

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the 3rd attempt to harass and dishonor the Indian Ambassador to the US. The charges are usually fantastic and hyped up. This is how it all started.

Consul General of India accused of keeping a mother of four as virtual slave in posh UES digs - NY Daily News

And here is one of the user comment which is actually more revealing than the slanderous NYT article.

MajorMaths

I know Mr. Prabhu Dayal from the time he was 10 years old as we studied together in School. I have also stayed with him at his home for a couple of weeks in 1970. Thereafter I joined the Indian Army and he the Indian Foreign Service. I met with him again in 1994 when he took charge as the Consul General of India in Dubai till he left in 1998. It was during this time that I really understood how Kind, Benevolent and Helpful he was to all the people (Not only Indians but also some UAE Nationals) who deserved to be helped. He is a thorough Gentleman and goes out of his way to help others who need help and assistance. All Indian Nationals in Dubai know him and respect him so much that when we heard about this incident, it was a Unanimous Reaction amongst the Indian Community that this Maid was trying to Extract some sort of Ransom from him. I am sure that all of this was very unfortunate and he did not deserve all this Negative Publicity

Its just too much on the plate right now, its all so confusing....:hitwall:

When these Bullying American have to arrest Russian, they shit Bricks.

When it come to arresting Indians, they do a Handcuffing, strip search and a DNA swab.

Who the fcuk are you to question why the Indian official needs to bring a nanny ? That she has not paid minimum wage is only hearsay. It is yet to be proven.

The Nanny lived in a New York luxury apartment with free food and free cloths and free vehicle to take her anywhere along with a Diplomatic passport that gave her a certain diplomatic privileges. If you consider all the expense incurred on the nanny it will most certainly be more than 15$ per hour. I believe that is called CTC.

You bet NYPD and New York DA would be explaining to the US govt. why their action has taken Indo US relationship back by at least 5 years.

BTW consider this action by the same NYPD and DA

Dozens of Russian diplomats and their spouses scammed Medicaid out of $1.5 million in nearly decade long scheme: feds - NY Daily News

Russian diplomats, their spouses living in New York City and their associates bilked American taxpayers out of $1.5 million in a Medicaid fraud scheme that lasted for nearly a decade, the feds said Thursday.

None of the defendants are in custody, thanks to diplomatic immunity, although 11 still reside in the U.S. and six still represent Russia here. :lol:

What happened to the US sense of justice when it comes to dealing with the Russians ? LOL.

It is about time India treated US the way it deserves to be treated.

Bcos the fcuk I am a tax paying citizen, I am questioning the need for her to bring in a nanny from India and not paying her the appropriate wages as per the law of the land though nothing is proven yet though I am sure there is prima facie evidence without which NY DA wouldn't have acted . But let the law take its own course and she can put an argument in court and claim whatever she wants.

Russian diplomats are not arrested maybe due to pressure from Washington DC. Similar to how Rahul Gandhi escaped at one point. The only damage which is going to happen is all the extra privileges what they were enjoying are gone for both U.S and Indian diplomats. And I am all for that especially when the extra privileges comes with some muddy issues.

Beyond that, I am sure NYPD and NY DA will not back down as a stint at NY DA office is the stepping stone to higher political position and power.

Last edited:
So far....
1. India has asked US embassy to lift all barricades infront of US embassy here.
2. India banned all the import clearence for US embassy including food, wine etc.
3. India asked for salary details for all indian staffs working in US embassy.
4. All US diplomates have to follow procedures same as any common man to take a flight to USA.
5. All IDs issued to american diplomats have been withdrawn means they can be arrested immediately if they do any crime.

This is getting interesting!!!!

As an American, this was handled wrong. I would never defend her actions....but if she had diplomatic immunity, you tell her to leave, and don't put hands on her. That is the whole point of diplomatic immunity.

Devyani Khobragade row: arrest same sex companions of US diplomats in India, says Yashwant Sinha

New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha raised eyebrows on Tuesday with a comment that after the arrest and alleged mistreatment of diplomat Devyani Khobragade in the US, India should reciprocate by arresting the same sex companions of American diplomats using a Supreme Court verdict that restored a ban on gay sex last week.

"My suggestion to the Government of India is, the media has reported that we have issued visas to a number of US diplomats' companions. 'Companions' means that they are of the same sex. Now, after the Supreme Court ruling, it is completely illegal in our country. Just as paying less wages was illegal in the US. So, why doesn't the government of India go ahead and arrest all of them? Put them behind bars, prosecute them in this country and punish them," Mr Sinha said.

Sources in the BJP say Mr Sinha may have been referring to an American diplomat and his partner, who faced visa difficulties last month.

Ms Khobragade, 39, was arrested for alleged visa fraud in New York last week and reportedly subjected to a humiliating strip search before being kept in a cell with drug addicts. She has refused to comment on this.
An angry India has asked US diplomats in consulates all over the country to surrender their identity cards and senior leaders like Rahul Gandhi and Narendra Modi have refused to meet a US Congress delegation.

The treatment of Ms Khobragade was described as "despicable and barbaric" by National Security Adviser Shiv Shankar Menon.

Devyani Khobragade row: arrest same sex companions of US diplomats in India, says Yashwant Sinha | NDTV.com

Sau sunar ki, ek lohar ki. For long US has been misbehaving with Indian diplomats & high profile Indian visitors to US. It was necessary for India to show some spine & knock some sense into US. Maybe this is just the start...

Bcos the fcuk I am a tax paying citizen, I am questioning the need for her to bring in a nanny from India and not paying her the appropriate wages as per the law of the land though nothing is proven yet. But let the law take its own course and she can put an argument in court and claim whatever she wants.

Russian diplomats are not arrested maybe due to pressure from Washington DC. Similar to how Rahul Gandhi escaped at one point. The only damage which is going to happen is all the extra privileges what they were enjoying are gone for both U.S and Indian diplomats. And I am all for that especially when the extra privileges comes with some muddy issues.

Beyond that, I am sure NYPD and NY DA will not back down as NY DA role is the stepping stone to higher political position and power.

You are a tax paying American citizen, cuz if you are an Indian citizen I have a very different language to deal with you.

The Law most certainly cannot take it own course. She is a Indian diplomat and is entitled to diplomatic immunity under the long held practices of the Vienna convention. In letter and in sprite.

The NYPD and the NY DA chickened out from arresting 49 Russian diplomatic members accused in Medicaid scam. But they choose to arrest an Indian diplomat in front of her kids and lock her up with drug addicts ?

How come there is "pressure from Washington DC" for Russian diplomats and NOT for Indian diplomats ?

How come the NYPD and the NY DA who you claim "will not back down", backed down from arresting the Russians ? :lol: SHAME ON YOU.

Last edited:
India should immediately arrest those gay couple working in US embassy in India. I am sure next step is gonna be that.

Devyani Khobragade row: arrest same sex companions of US diplomats in India, says Yashwant Sinha

New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha raised eyebrows on Tuesday with a comment that after the arrest and alleged mistreatment of diplomat Devyani Khobragade in the US, India should reciprocate by arresting the same sex companions of American diplomats using a Supreme Court verdict that restored a ban on gay sex last week.

"My suggestion to the Government of India is, the media has reported that we have issued visas to a number of US diplomats' companions. 'Companions' means that they are of the same sex. Now, after the Supreme Court ruling, it is completely illegal in our country. Just as paying less wages was illegal in the US. So, why doesn't the government of India go ahead and arrest all of them? Put them behind bars, prosecute them in this country and punish them," Mr Sinha said.

Sources in the BJP say Mr Sinha may have been referring to an American diplomat and his partner, who faced visa difficulties last month.

Ms Khobragade, 39, was arrested for alleged visa fraud in New York last week and reportedly subjected to a humiliating strip search before being kept in a cell with drug addicts. She has refused to comment on this.
An angry India has asked US diplomats in consulates all over the country to surrender their identity cards and senior leaders like Rahul Gandhi and Narendra Modi have refused to meet a US Congress delegation.

The treatment of Ms Khobragade was described as "despicable and barbaric" by National Security Adviser Shiv Shankar Menon.

Devyani Khobragade row: arrest same sex companions of US diplomats in India, says Yashwant Sinha | NDTV.com

But that would send out a wrong signal to a million gay indians.

Must think of some other way..:crazy:

Latest developments:

1. In what are being called first reciprocal steps, India has signalled its displeasure at the arrest and "barbaric treatment" treatment of its diplomat in New York, Devyani Khobragade, with a slew of tough measures like asking US diplomats and their families in consulates all over the country to surrender their identity cards and withdrawing airport passes for them.

2. India has also sought salary details of all Indian staff employed in US consulates, including those working as domestic help at the homes of US diplomats in India. It has asked for visa and salary details of teachers at US schools here to determine if they are paying tax or not.

3.The police have been asked to lift barricades outside the US embassy in Delhi and India is stopping all import clearances for the American embassy.

barbaric?????????????

You are a tax paying American citizen, cuz if you are an Indian citizen I have a very different language to deal with you.

The Law can most certainly cannot take it own course. She is a Indian diplomat and is entitled to diplomatic immunity under the long held practices of the Vienna convention. In letter and in sprite.

The NYPD and the NY DA chickened out from arresting 49 Russian diplomatic members accused in Medicaid scam. But they choose to arrest an Indian diplomat in front of her kids and lock her up with drug addicts ?

How come there is "pressure from Washington DC" for Russian diplomats and NOT for Indian diplomats ?

How come the NYPD and the NY DA who you claim "will not back down", backed down from arresting the Russians ? :lol: SHAME ON YOU.

I do not give a rat's *** what language you have for me. And ditto to you for trying to hide behind diplomatic immunity crap when it is very clear this Indian official had broken the law of the land and it is matter of labor exploitation. I am done here with the discussions as it is heading no where.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom