What's new

India retaliates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devyani Khobragade row: arrest same sex companions of US diplomats in India, says Yashwant Sinha

New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha raised eyebrows on Tuesday with a comment that after the arrest and alleged mistreatment of diplomat Devyani Khobragade in the US, India should reciprocate by arresting the same sex companions of American diplomats using a Supreme Court verdict that restored a ban on gay sex last week.

"My suggestion to the Government of India is, the media has reported that we have issued visas to a number of US diplomats' companions. 'Companions' means that they are of the same sex. Now, after the Supreme Court ruling, it is completely illegal in our country. Just as paying less wages was illegal in the US. So, why doesn't the government of India go ahead and arrest all of them? Put them behind bars, prosecute them in this country and punish them," Mr Sinha said.

Sources in the BJP say Mr Sinha may have been referring to an American diplomat and his partner, who faced visa difficulties last month.

Ms Khobragade, 39, was arrested for alleged visa fraud in New York last week and reportedly subjected to a humiliating strip search before being kept in a cell with drug addicts. She has refused to comment on this.
An angry India has asked US diplomats in consulates all over the country to surrender their identity cards and senior leaders like Rahul Gandhi and Narendra Modi have refused to meet a US Congress delegation.

The treatment of Ms Khobragade was described as "despicable and barbaric" by National Security Adviser Shiv Shankar Menon.

Devyani Khobragade row: arrest same sex companions of US diplomats in India, says Yashwant Sinha | NDTV.com
Love the avatar....do you score chicks for hot beards there?

Normal police procedure to search then handcuff when arresting criminal suspect.

I do not give a rat's *** what language you have for me. And ditto to you for trying to hide behind diplomatic immunity crap when it is very clear this Indian official had broken the law of the land and it is matter of labor exploitation. I am done here with the discussions as it is heading no where.

And I most certainly do not care a rat's *** for you or your kind.

That she has broken the law is only an allegation that is YET to be proven. But the Fact that she is a Diplomat is Already Established.

Her Diplomatic rights and privileges take precedence. At least for someone who is viewing this from an unbiased POV.

If the US is worried about Labor exploitation, let it first start arresting those employing underpaid Mexican illegal emigrants. I am sure they can find a few million or more of those kind. Then you start preaching to us about labor exploitation.

And I most certainly do not care a rat's *** for you or your kind.

That she has broken the law is only an allegation that is YET to be proven. But the Fact that she is a Diplomat is Already Established.

Her Diplomatic rights and privileges take precedence. At least for someone who is viewing this from an unbiased POV.

If the US is worried about Labor exploitation, let it first start arresting those employing underpaid Mexican illegal emigrants. I am sure they can find a few million or more of those kind. Then you start preaching to us about labor exploitation.

Indian diplomat in the US broke the US law, this isn't about illegal immigrant in the US.

The strip search did not even come up till recently. Every one was objecting about the arrest.
she was underpaid under the laws of u.s.but she "willfully" signed the contract agreement including the salaries and emoluments in india.if she felt that she was underpaid she would have not gone to u.s would she??nobody compelled her to work for the diplomat. what about the accomodation and food provided to the maid??even they incur some charges.we dont have to see everything in terms of cash.in any case an indian diplomat working in united states is not subjected to u.s laws.even so the deal is signed in india which means the indian courts are the "guardians" of justice for the maid not the american.

Get over yourself, she commi

Search and handcuff by the US law enforcement consider a barbaric act? Indian government out of touch with reality.

:what: are you calling me a commie ?

and yeh i was asking the same that was it barbaric?

anyway latest is

Reacting to the arrest of Indian diplomat in US, govt today withdrew airport passes to US diplomatic staff

;) Americans should learn to understand Indian media gimmick.

defending your diplomat for wrongdoing
not yet proved!:disagree:
a wrong doing has different interpretations in different lands

Last edited:

anyway latest is

Reacting to the arrest of Indian diplomat in US, govt today withdrew airport passes to US diplomatic staff

arresting her in front of kids and stripping her , placing her in prison with drug addicts ..thats Barbaric

bulldozers outside US embassy removing barricades from the road which was blocked since 9/11.

anyway latest is

Indian overreact to the incident, Indian diplomat posted bail after the arrest, now she can hire a lawyer to defend her in the court of law. This just how the police perform their duty in the US search and handcuff suspect.

Devyani Khobragade row: arrest same sex companions of US diplomats in India, says Yashwant Sinha

Even in your wildest hallucinations, don't even dream of touching gay Americans.

Hollywood will smack you so hard, your trillion dollar market will become irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom