What's new

India plans to procure 22 AH-64D Block III Apache Helicopters

is there a possibility we can buy more Apaches than just 22 of em? I mean 48 would've a great number. I guess we need ~ 60 right?

is there any ToT involved

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

is there a possibility we can buy more Apaches than just 22 of em? I mean 48 would've a great number. I guess we need ~ 60 right?

i think thats where the LCH comes in :D

is there any ToT involved

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

i think thats where the LCH comes in :D

:no: LCH is meant for high-altitude operations/combat. I liked thr number of orders LCH got- 114. Not bad, eh? Anyways Apaches are heavy attack heli designed to supprt infantry and neutralize threat/enemys with a lot fire power. More apaches=more control of battlefield.:smokin:

I got APACHE 64A PILOT MANUAL with me its really a big file with 613pages, with lots of information about weapon load,FFS etc etc. Simply don't know how to put here.

U.S. Congress Asked to Pre-Approve Apache Block III Sale to IndiaDecember 29, 2010

ref:U.S. Congress Asked to Pre-Approve Apache Block III Sale to India - Defense-Update

apache.jpg

The Pentagon is asking the U.S. to approve a possible sale of 22 Apache Block III Attack Helicopters to India, prior to a possible selection of the Boeing proposal by New Delhi.

India is interested in buying 22 AH-64D Block III APACHE Helicopters from the USA. The Defense Security Cooperation Agency has notified Congress on a possible Foreign Military Sale of these helicopters, as part of a package worth about US$1.4 billion. The Indians are evaluating the Block III Apache among several other options for the Air Forces’ next generation attack helicopter. The Indians are also considering the Russian Mil-28N Havoc as an alternative replacement for the Indian Air Force’s Mi-25s. The domestically developed Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) is not an alternative for this program. The Eurocopter Tiger and AgustaWestland A129 Mangusta have been eliminated from the competition at an earlier stage.

Boeing has responded to an Indian Air Force Request for Proposal offering the Apache Block III. The Indian Air Force has already conducted field trials for these helicopters in July 2010. The testing has taken place in the Thar Desert in the northwest and will also happen near the Himalayan town of Ladakh in Indian-controlled Kashmir. Those sites represent the extremes the air force could find itself operating in. The Russian helicopter has not yet been cleared for testing in India. While India has not decided about the type of helicopters they will buy, Boeing and the Pentagon are requesting Congress approval in advance of a potential sale to prevent export limitation issues.
The package will include 12 AN/APG-78 Longbow Fire Control Radars, 12 AN/APR-48A Radar Frequency Interferometers, 812 AGM-114L-3 HELLFIRE LONGBOW missiles, 542 AGM-114R-3 HELLFIRE II missiles, 245 STINGER Block I-92H missiles, and 23 Modernized Target Acquisition Designation Sight/Pilot Night Vision Sensors, rockets.

Most possibly Russia has with drawn Mi-28N Havoc from the competition. So AH-64D is the natural winner. Though Havoc is good but still cannot compete against Block III. If Havoc competes than also Block III will win.

I think India should shift more funds to purchase more of this weapon as this is a game changer for India.

lch mi 35 apache ... :mps:

game over for enemy tank columns ....

i wonder which army's tank we hav 2 face :devil:

Most possibly Russia has with drawn Mi-28N Havoc from the competition. So AH-64D is the natural winner. Though Havoc is good but still cannot compete against Block III. If Havoc competes than also Block III will win.

I wonder if they want to combine both helicopter deals to get more benefit, I mean Mi 28 + Mi 26, or AH 64 + CH47, I don't think it's a coincidence that in both competitions only helicopters from Boeing and Mil are in the final stages.

I believe these are the same block 3 Apaches the Saudis placed a order for if im not mistaken.

I wonder if they want to combine both helicopter deals to get more benefit, I mean Mi 28 + Mi 26, or AH 64 + CH47, I don't think it's a coincidence that in both competitions only helicopters from Boeing and Mil are in the final stages.

Hard to say whether there is a connect as you surmise.
But AH-64 + CH-47, seems like it. i'm ready to take bets on that as well, but then i'm likely to be accused of "match fixing".

Apache is a dead cert to win the tender I would bank on it nothing comes close especially this block 3 version.

You and me both just hope we place a follow on order 22 is a low number we need at least over 48 of these babies

Hard to say whether there is a connect as you surmise.
But AH-64 + CH-47, seems like it. i'm ready to take bets on that as well, but then i'm likely to be accused of "match fixing".

I still prefer a mix of Apaches and Mi 26, the most capable mix!

You and me both just hope we place a follow on order 22 is a low number we need at least over 48 of these babies

They are replacing the same number of older combat helicopters and don't forget that we will get LCH in higher numbers anyway. I would prefer a more customised version though, the engine and rotor blades of the British WAH Apache (more power, folding blades with anti-ice protection, quit useful for LHDs, or carrier operations and in our northern regions with low temps) and the Israeli avionics and self defense package, that their Apaches have.

I still prefer a mix of Apaches and Mi 26, the most capable mix!

They are replacing the same number of older combat helicopters and don't forget that we will get LCH in higher numbers anyway. I would prefer a more customised version though, the engine and rotor blades of the British WAH Apache (more power, folding blades with anti-ice protection, quit useful for LHDs, or carrier operations and in our northern regions with low temps) and the Israeli avionics and self defense package, that their Apaches have.

Intresting I never knew there was a customised variant but i think these Apaches should be placed in AP where else would we need them? they would be ideal to help the new Mountain Strike Corps troops there and as far as im aware AP has a hot type of climate.

Back
Top Bottom