What's new

india plans to buy Soyuz Spacecraft

I do not know exactly where. But if I'm an engineer in China, I would study how others have build them, especially the US and Russia. I would trying to obtain as much information on them as possible as a basis of creating one. So its possible that certain aspect of it look similar to one from another country but China didn't import a spacecraft like what india is doing. Also, China is well known for copy other's technology and try to improve upon them so this may be on of those endeavers.

China got plenty of help from Russia on their manned mission. Their Shenzhou is an improved Soyuz. And i said already India just funding one mission so as to get an experience before its own launch and the mission may contain Russian cosmonauts as well..

China got plenty of help from Russia on their manned mission. Their Shenzhou is an improved Soyuz. And i said already India just funding one mission so as to get an experience before its own launch and the mission may contain Russian cosmonauts as well..

NO no,you are wrong,American said that Shenzhou was stolen from from the Us,and some Indian said Shenzhou was stolen from India because it has the same shape with the next generation spacecarrier of India

Last edited:
Thats very unlikely. The design of Shenzhou is similar to Soyuz. Design of US capsules are entirely different.

Are you sure that the US didn't copied from the Soviets at the time? Since India is buying a Soyuz, maybe the US also copied from Soyuz :usflag:

Thats very unlikely. The design of Shenzhou is similar to Soyuz. Design of US capsules are entirely different.

Shenzhou7 and Shenzhou8 also has different shape ,America:may be Shenzhou7 is stolen from Russia,Shenzhou8 is stolen from Us and Shenzhou9 is stolen from India:bounce:

Oops my mistake i meant Shenzhou

China never bought any system modules from Russia on this project. However, it did hire quite a few Russian scientists. That's very different from buying a ship because it was buying technological know how, but the actual engineering was done by itself. Therefore, the system's integrity was preserved from the beginning.

India buying a ship is a whole different issue. Integrating the Russian system and the Indian system would be an enormous risk.

Shenzhou7 and Shenzhou8 also has different shape ,America:may be Shenzhou7 is stolen from Russia,Shenzhou8 is stolen from Us and Shenzhou9 is stolen from India:bounce:

There is no point in continuing this discussion....

India can even relie on Russian ground control. It can save money from having to build one. However, India would use its own rocket though so it can claim that it is able to send Indians into space. Everything else besides the rocket can be imported or obtain through TOT, even ground base control can be outsourced. Maybe India can work out a deal with NASA to do call centers for US government agencies and India space agency can use NASA for controlling the space flight of Suyoz.

Dont advise what india should do or should n't.
U can keep ur suggestion for china...with ur incredible knowledge i sure u'll laughed off the scene very soon .

Everything else besides the rocket can be imported or obtain through TOT, even ground base control can be outsourced.

which moron told u that everything else besides the rocket can be imported or obtain through TOT and everything is on sale ??

India's ISRO sent five or more foreign instruments on its Chandraya Mission to moon.But till date ISRO had access to findings of those forign instuments onboard as its not part of the contract.Every space agency inchluding NASA keep their research findings as closely guarded secrets,thats why u see China ,india and now Japan sending their moon missions even though NASA has done quite a lot of exploration of moon in the past.

So is the case with rockets too .Russia signed a deal with india to provide four cryogenic engines along with TOT way back in yr 1994.But due to American pressure later on declined Technology transfer of cryogenic engines .So india had to develop its own cryogenic engines technology all these years and is going to do the first test launch of its GSLV rocket with indian cryogenic engines only in 2010 this year.

To successfully launch a manned space mission you need, 1. a space craft 2. reliable rockets 3. a very well integrated ground system

If India buys Russian craft, it means it needs to buy the whole system, too! (I hope India doesn't try putting the craft on its unreliable agni rockets...) That's insane. The amount of technical difficult is not like transfering MKI tech... It is too complicated. One bit of failure in communication will create space disaster.

India will be better developing its own. It needs patience for this kind of stuff. This is a very risky move primed for disaster...

height of ignorance :disagree:

Shenzhou (神舟 variously translated as "Vessel of the Gods," "Divine Craft," "Divine Mechanism" but also a pun on a literary name for China, 神州) is the name of a spacecraft from the People's Republic of China which first carried a Chinese astronaut into orbit in 2003. Development began in 1992, with the first four unmanned test flights in 1999, 2001 and 2002. It is launched on the Long March 2F from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center.

The basic shape and division into modules resembles that of the Russian Soyuz spacecraft, and there has been tight cooperation with Russian space agencies and companies beginning in 1994, which also provided blueprints and transfers of full-scale Soyuz spaceships to China. Russian help was also important in the area of astronaut training.

hey guys dont underestimate chinese ....they are masters in R&D (receive and duplicate);)

Back
Top Bottom