What's new

India planning to send 15,000 troops to Afghanistan

The potential casualty part?

Do you know how many Indian soldiers lost their lives in Sri Lanka operation?
Why do you rule out such scenario in Afghanistan?
1987 was a military disaster. And it's inevitable that we have corrected our mistakes and filled the gaps. But Afghanistan is not Srilanka. Full fledged military co-op will be a suicide for us. As of now, a pro-Indian government with a strong army is the best thing for us.

Is it possible for India to take the remaining millions of Afghan refugees from Pakistan? Has India got capacity to shelter, feed, educate and clothe Afghans? Or does the friendship between AFG and India only have its limits?

The potential casualty part?

Do you know how many Indian soldiers lost their lives in Sri Lanka operation?
Why do you rule out such scenario in Afghanistan?
Also killed over 5000 Tamil rebels on those times

1987 was a military disaster. And it's inevitable that we have corrected our mistakes and filled the gaps. But Afghanistan is not Srilanka. Full fledged military co-op will be a suicide for us. As of now, a pro-Indian government with a strong army is the best thing for us.

Afghan is more than what Sri Lanka once was.
Car bombs, mines, shrapnels flying everywhere.

Indian soldiers would be the adversary's prime target.
I am sure not all soldiers would come back unscathed.
There is a price to pay.
And you know it.

Afghan is more than what Sri Lanka once was.
Car bombs, mines, shrapnels flying everywhere.

Indian soldiers would be the adversary's prime target.
I am sure not all soldiers would come back unscathed.
There is a price to pay.
And you know it.
I think, more than any Westerner Indians will play the Afghan game much better and the casualties will be much less. It's the Indian intuition, better regional understanding that saved Mohanlal Kashmiri's life and not Alexander Burnes'.

If you asked me It was success comparing it to Sri Lankan army and govt

over 4000 Tamil rebels killed
We successfully Outcast LTTE cadre from Jaffna Peninsula It was our Civil leadership and Indoor politics(tamil naidu) which failed us And Sri Lankan Govt Double character

Have we used Full force Which include all tri services It will be counted as great Success story Well past is past Now

I think, more than any Westerner Indians will play the Afghan game much better and the casualties will be less. It's the Indian intuition and local acumen that saved Mohanlal Kashmiri's life and not Alexander Burnes'.

You will soon know Indian acumen & intuition once in Afghanistan, where there is no home advantage.

If We want deploy ur soldier it will on Afghan people call Not our Wishes they should decide it

If you asked me It was success comparing it to Sri Lankan army and govt

over 4000 Tamil rebels killed
We successfully Outcast LTTE cadre from Jaffna Peninsula It was our Civil leadership and Indoor politics(tamil naidu) which failed us And Sri Lankan Govt Double character

Have we used Full force Which include all tri services It will be counted as great Success story
After all those unnecessary human losses and massive intelligence failure we lost one of our best potential prime minister. So it's a failure in my opinion.

You will soon know Indian acumen & intuition once in Afghanistan, where there is no home advantage.
Let's wait and watch, buddy.

Looks like this is where the roller meets the road. Those F-16s aren't gonna fly themselves to India, the Indian army will have to work hard for them. We can graciously picturize the work for them.

When the Americans first invaded Afghanistan, many jihadist elements actually thanked God they can now fight the devil in their own backyard, rather than having to go so many thousands of kilometers. I am quite sure people are going to be ecstatic they don't need to travel to India to fight mushrikeen. The army will certainly NOT be holding them back. Keep in mind that entering Afghanistan is a piece of cake compared to Kashmir.

Next, Afghanistan cannot pay for this 'favor'. The Indians will either get a flavor of coalition support fund, which is unlikely given the financial buckling up under Trump, or more likely, they will be paying out of their own pockets to assert themselves as a super power. This gives us an avenue to financially bleed the Indians and make them spend some more of their Bofors and M777 ammo.

Finally, just given American might, many military strategies have not been possible in Afghanistan. With the pathetic Indisn army, the game changes completely. I do hope the bring along some Su-30 MKIs with them. It's been too long since jets got destroyed on the ground.

I know what battle hardened Afghans will say. Welcome! We hope you enjoy the bloody stay.

As a dog returns to its vomit, so does a fool to his folly.

After all those unnecessary human losses and massive intelligence failure we lost one of our best potential prime minister. So it's a failure in my opinion.

Let's wait and watch, buddy.

Potential PM?
Who?

Special Correspondent

Washington

Diplomatic reports reaching here say that the Indian National Security Advisor Ajit Doval is planning to rush to Afghanistan in an attempt to cash on the latest wave of terrorist attacks and make an official offer of sending Indian troops to defend Afghan Government leaders.

A reliable report also claimed that Mr. Ajit Doval had recently met with Afghan National Security Advisor Hanif Atmar in Russia a few days earlier and had asked Afghan government to deliver an official invitation to the Indian Government to dispatch Indian troops.

Reports reaching here from Kabul say that Afghanistan’s pro-Indian lobby had been trying to exploit the blast for its own gains and objectives and has increased anti-Pakistan propaganda despite the fact that Pakistanis had also become victims of Kabul blast.

Afghan Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid has strongly denied any involvement in the attack and said that Taliban leadership had issued instructions against targeting any civilian or civilian facilities. Afghan Talibans says it could be a conspiracy to pave the way for more foreign troops in Afghanistan.

Despite strong condemnation from Pakistan the pro-India Afghan leaders and lobbies including former Afghan intelligence chief Saleh Amrullah have started a campaign against Pakistan. On May 28, 2017, just two day before the Wednesday Kabul attack the Afghan Pajhwok news agency had reported that India could send its troops to Afghanistan under “UN mission”. The Pajhwok dispatch from Washington which was published in the Outlook Afghanistan had quoted a “prominent Indian defense expert” told a Washington audience on May 18, 2017 that “New Delhi could perhaps be persuaded to send up to a division of Indian troops – around 15,000 — to Afghanistan under a United Nations Peacekeeping mission.”

“If invited, if there is a UN peacekeeping force … it is my considered view that perhaps India could be persuaded to send up to a division, provided the logistics are in place, provided Pakistan’s so-called sensibilities can be put in place,” Brig[emoji768] Gurmeet Kanwal, from the Institute for Defense Studies and Analysis was quoted as telling audience in a close-door round table at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars.

Gurmeet Kanwal, who is known for his close links with Indian military establishment visited Washington DC and tried to convince President Donald Trump Administration to allocate India an official role in Afghanistan.

http://pakobserver.net/india-planning-send-15000-troops-afghanistan/
Doval digging grave for his country men and we welcome that!!!!

Back
Top Bottom