What's new

India planning to send 15,000 troops to Afghanistan

It is lack of funds for a country who wants to fight 2 wars simultaneously.

What is India's military budget?
53 billion.
Minus 42% salaries.
How much they got?
31 billion for weapon procurement for Water, wings & wheels combined.

Deduct 30% customs duty for imported arms.
How much are you left with?
20 billion.

Against this, China + Pakistan military budget = 230 billion USD.
How you are going to make both ends meet on this?

India is in hand to mouth situation.

If only few of ANZAS-II get smuggled into India - Modi would be cremated in his own jumbo jet, 20,000 feet above his motherland.

India is not the US.
India is vulnerable.
In terms of military budget, only a fool would dream to match the Chinese. Smart diplomacy and only smart diplomacy can help us on our eastern Frontier. As far as our western front is concerned, pushing Pakistan from its western front is a smart move, whether or not Indian leadership is aggressively pursuing this strategy. When numbers are not on our side strategic chess is the only game where we can keep Pakistan always on toe. We don't need to match their combined defence budgets.

In terms of military budget, only a fool would dream to match the Chinese. Smart diplomacy and only smart diplomacy can help us on our eastern Frontier. As far as our western front is concerned, pushing Pakistan from its western front is a smart move, whether or not Indian leadership is aggressively pursuing this strategy. When numbers are not on our side strategic chess is the only game where we can keep Pakistan always on toe. We don't need to match their combined defence budgets.
You're right, India could never match China in defense budget.

You're right, India could never match China in defense budget.
It's common sense, my friend. They are light years ahead of us, thanks to their stern adherence to meritocracy and not petty politics.

Strategy on paper alone does not bear any fruits.

Strategy enacted, put into action, costs the same dollars (that you were talking before by saying It is not the problem with funds), as would those potential 15 K Indian soldiers & the logistics therein.

Everything boils down to mullah.

India was near bankrupt only after fighting a mini war aka Kargil for 15 days:

Kargil tax -- An unavoidable necessity - The Indian Express

indn news papers also say the same and if I am not wring according to all indian s on this forum India have 75 % military dedicated for Pakistan.

Indian news paper say a lot of things. Do u accept that as well? There should some sort of reality in BS you guys posts. Out of 11.3 Lakh soldiers, if 8 are employed in Kashmir, then where will be others be based? 3 Strike corps together have 4-4.5 Lakh soldiers all centered around Rajasthan, UP and MP.

The new 2 Mountain divisions are in the East numbering about a lakh. Then there are soldiers in South (Even TN has 2 Army bases), bases facing Chinese, facing Bangladesh, North East in Myanmar. Do you think India is small?

India has about 3 lakh soldiers in Kashmir as we speak plus Kashmir Police. BSF patrol only the border region and they are not used in crowd control.

There is an adage in Hindi:

Jab gidhar ki maut ati hai tau wo shahar ki taraf bhagta hai.

Modi ka bhi wohi hal hoga.

Isliye mera following prediction right hoga:

2019 = Modi to be decimated - love me or leave me

Many Indian soldiers would die, and India would retreat.
But that would be too late then.
Leadership would change without any ANZA-II being smuggled into India.
So Arvind Kejriwal is predicting ke Modi will lose 2019. But he does not know yet that he is going to lose the only state in 2020.

to be honest i really want indian troops in afghanistan.. this will be huge opportunity for pak to fulfill our reservations

Some will die. It's a war and that's just the nature of war. Although I do believe considering the historic India-Afghanistan ties, India must help Afghanistan in her modest capacity.
Lol Americans tried but we saw a surge in unexpected Afghan police shootings targetting US personnel. A time will come even the Afghans will turn their guns on Indians.

Strategy on paper alone does not bear any fruits.

Strategy enacted, put into action, costs the same dollars (that you were talking before by saying It is not the problem with funds), as would those potential 15 K Indian soldiers & the logistics therein.

Everything boils down to mullah.

India was near bankrupt only after fighting a mini war aka Kargil for 15 days:

Kargil tax -- An unavoidable necessity - The Indian Express
Yes. You are right. When we play a strategic chess, it's going to cost us dollars. Only point I am emphasizing is, if we can keep the Pakistanis busy on their western front, it can ease a lots of pressure on Indians thus leading to reduction of our defence spending to such extent that it ultimately pays off to invest in Afghanistan. Pakistanis knows it well, and they will do anything to keep Indians out of their 6.

to be honest i really want indian troops in afghanistan.. this will be huge opportunity for pak to fulfill our reservations

Sorry. No fun for you. We will play this game much smarter.

Yes. You are right. When we play a strategic chess, it's going to cost us dollars. Only point I am emphasizing is, if we can keep the Pakistanis busy on their western front, it can ease a lots of pressure on Indians thus leading to reduction of our defence spending to such extent that it ultimately pays off to invest in Afghanistan. Pakistanis knows it well, and they will do anything to keep Indians out of their 6.

The potential casualty part?

Do you know how many Indian soldiers lost their lives in Sri Lanka operation?
Why do you rule out such scenario in Afghanistan?

foolish move by the Indians (if true)

they would become the #1 targets there. they would take over battle responsibility and give a face saving way out for the white man (NATO). and get themselves bogged down forever. losing endless men and money trying to stabilize a lost cause.

This is actually great news for Pakistan. it gives them a chance to take free shots at the indian army, in an area where they have a lot of influence in, and the ability to easily militarize.

India has lost its mind if its really thinking about doing this.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom